Check engine light comes on, stalling at idle after driving in the rain... - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 08:13 AM Thread Starter

Check engine light comes on, stalling at idle after driving in the rain...

I get a lean code on my scanner and my Exige stalls at idle. When I clear the code it's fine for a short wile then it starts up again.

I notice this condition after driving in heavy rain in the past but this is worse then it's ever been. In the past I could clear the code and all is well. This keeps coming back after 20 miles of driving or so. Could it be a dirty mass air sensor? Something worse?

I'm in MD and have been driving in the down pours we just went through the last few days. The filter element is dry now but was damp. Should I just pull the MAF and give it a good cleaning?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-01-2010, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannoli View Post
I get a lean code on my scanner and my Exige stalls at idle. When I clear the code it's fine for a short wile then it starts up again.

I notice this condition after driving in heavy rain in the past but this is worse then it's ever been. In the past I could clear the code and all is well. This keeps coming back after 20 miles of driving or so. Could it be a dirty mass air sensor? Something worse?

I'm in MD and have been driving in the down pours we just went through the last few days. The filter element is dry now but was damp. Should I just pull the MAF and give it a good cleaning?
Cannoli: You're a brave man driving in that deluge we just had! I take it you were able to pry your hands away from the white knuckled grip... I haven't had this issue but someone here ought to be able to help. Are you going to LOG30?

Dave

'06 Elise
'08 Hummer H3
'84 CJ-7
'86 Mainship 34'
------------------------
Living the Dream!!!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-17-2011, 10:07 AM

I'm having issues after having driven in heavy rain as well. I know this is an old thread, but did you solve the problem?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-04-2012, 10:14 AM
Yellow Fever!

BUMP!!

MIL light came on in the rain, too, but haven't yet found an OBD scanner to check the code...

--Doug Stratton--

'05 Elise in Saffron Yellow ,Sport pack, ForceFed Intake, Stage II Exhaust, Potenza RE71R, LidBone, Stebel Nautilus AirHorn
First mid-engine drive: '74 Porsche 914 2.0 in Solar Yellow (Dad's car)
BEST mid-engine drive: '05 Lotus Elise in Saffron YELLOW!!!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-04-2012, 11:52 AM

That's the problem with all of you....you drove the car in the rain. Don't you know England does not get any rain; thus, creating a car that is "weatherproof" such that it does not leak is near impossible?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Powertrain (Engine, Transmission, etc) > Check Engine Codes

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in