I had my original set of shocks/dampers and now three used sets. I thought I'd post some notes here for future reference.
A) Original Elise shocks
- 0 to 152,706 km.
- Replaced with set B by the dealer.
- The original set were discarded.
B) Used Elise sport shocks ("retired racer"). 15,000 km used.
- The dealer installed these at 152,706 km.
- I replaced them with set C at 205,568 km.
- They now have 67,862 km but seemed OK when removed.
C) Used Elise sport shocks ("Visual Echos"). 14,645 km used.
- I installed them at 205,568 km.
- Currently I'm at about 227,000 km and these are on the car.
- So they are at about 35,600 km and still seem OK.
D) Used Elise sport shocks ("jv03h"). 30,577 km used.
- Spare ones for the future.
I am guessing that the set I have on the car will last quite a while yet. When they are "done" I'll move onto set D. Most likely I'll never use set B again.
2009 Saffron Elise
1986 Toyota Tercel - RIP Oct 20/2012
Last edited by David Craig; 01-07-2019 at 05:21 AM.