who has done theoil line recall? - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-15-2013, 02:39 PM

Work is complete... They are doing a test drive and finishing up

I took some pics of the work, I'll post them once I get home and get it downloaded.

As for the resister pack, I found out that my previous owner had completed a relocation, and it is in good condition. I will also post pic of that as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-16-2013, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR82DRV View Post
Hey Phil, I will have to take mine to Minneapolis for the first time. I used to drive south to FVMC in Chicago from my home in Central Wisconsin, but they're gone now. To my knowledge all I will need done is the oil line and the ECU update. What do you think I should expect in Minneapolis? Any tips?

Thanks, Todd
I can better answer that when they are done. Fingers crossed.

Is there a Lotus dealer in Milwaukee?

Phil Ethier Minnesota USA
1973 Triumph Stag LE22439UBW "uncle jack", Sapphire Blue
2004 Suburban 8.1, Sport Red
2005 Lotus Elise, Bordeaux Red Pearl
2017 Ford Fusion (wife had to stop driving manual due to shoulder problem), Oxford White.
2006 Gulf Stream Conquest Super C
http://www.mnautox.com
post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-16-2013, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewS View Post
When the resistor pack goes the fan for heat and ac will stop working at the lower speeds. Apparently where the resistor pack is located in a spot where water pools. Part of the fix is drilling drainage holes in that area to allow water to drain. I don't think the resistors will give much warning before they go bad.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
If the fan continues to work at top speed, it is a match for the single-speed blower I have had in many cars, both English and German, so so no great loss.

I do have docs that the TSB was done by a SoCal dealer early in the car's life, and the 4 holes are indeed there.

2017 Ford Fusion (wife had to stop driving manual due to shoulder problem), Oxford White.

post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-16-2013, 04:49 PM
Closer than you think

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by philethier View Post

Is there a Lotus dealer in Milwaukee?
No, there's never been a Lotus dealer in Milwaukee. Since FVMC closed (and T.J. moved) Lake Forest in Chicago is all that's left. They don't seem very enthusiastic about Lotus service, and it looks like they're stacked with local recall work. I'm hoping I can trust someone in Minneapolis, and since it's closer, and I already drive there for business, it is more convenient anyway.

2005 BRP Elise Sport, Hardtop, Stage 2 Exhaust, CF side scoops, CF splitter, Composite Worx seats, gunmetal stripes
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-29-2013, 05:33 AM

Just picked mine up Saturday from Aston Martin/Lotus new England. Took 2.5 days and I also got a new oil cooler. One of the radiator slats was not put back quite right as one of the tabs was not in its clam slot, I didn't even notice for a day or so, but 10 mins w/ a hex wrench took care of that.

Kirk the Service Manager at AMLNE is good people, walked me through the new hose crimp process in detail, talked weird old cars. All in all, pretty painless.

2005 Elise Supercharged, Arctic Silver
1999 Porsche Carrera, Ocean Blue (Wife's..I just maintain it)
1974 Triumph TR6, Magenta
1972 Land Rover Series III 88" dull Pastel green & Limestone
post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-29-2013, 09:09 AM
give me my second cam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahuna001 View Post
I have not receive the letter from them. Can I just call the dealer up for a appointment ?
Yes. Just call your local dealer and set up an appointment. If you are the second owner of your car sometimes the recall notice goes to the original owner and not the current owner. Its no big deal they just update your info while you are there. Hope this helps.

05 Saffron yellow,LSS ,hard top and nothing else! 91 Mazda Miata se British racing green with hard top
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-29-2013, 12:16 PM

Garage
I have a problem where my fan for heat and AC stops after the engine gets to operating temp. Could that also be due to the resistor pack?

'08 Lotus Exige Club Racer (#1 of 20)
'95 Ferrari F355 Berlinetta 6spd

Last edited by Doge; 04-29-2013 at 05:11 PM.
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 07:02 PM

Quote:
OK, I got my Elise back from Minneapolis Jag/Landrover/Lotus over a week ago and trailered it home in the snow. Backed the trailer up to the garage shop and put it away. It has been too wretched weather to drive it, and I had some other commitments this last weekend when the weather was good.

I finally got it out tonight. Ran great, everything was wonderful. Except:

The air always blows hot. I don't think it is a refrigeration problem. I think it is a blend-door problem. Rats. I'll call them in the morning...

No, I was not smart enough to test for this when I picked the car up.

post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 09:16 PM

I live in Australia and Lotus will not recall cars for the oil line replacement down here. I ordered a oil line kit from Really light stuff along with a Moroso sump and got my local Lotus mechanic to fit them for me.

2007 Exige S Graphite grey.
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 09:24 PM
The Enforcer

Removed my stock oil coolers long ago (Laminova). Saves a lot of weight and increases the oil pressure. Oil comes up to temperature more quickly and temperature is more consistent, no matter the conditions.

San
post #31 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-02-2013, 10:26 AM

Quote:
OK, I got my Elise back from Minneapolis Jag/Landrover/Lotus over a week ago and trailered it home in the snow. Backed the trailer up to the garage shop and put it away. It has been too wretched weather to drive it, and I had some other commitments this last weekend when the weather was good.

I finally got it out tonight. Ran great, everything was wonderful. Except:

The air always blows hot. I don't think it is a refrigeration problem. I think it is a blend-door problem. Rats. I'll call them in the morning...

No, I was not smart enough to test for this when I picked the car up.
Car goes back to Minneapolis on Wednesday so that they can figure out what happened.

post #32 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-02-2013, 01:00 PM
Closer than you think

Garage
Quote:
Car goes back to Minneapolis on Wednesday so that they can figure out what happened.
Please keep me informed. I have to take mine in soon. It's a 4 hour drive for me and I'm concerned that if they mess something up I could be waiting, or worse, left stranded far from home.

2005 BRP Elise Sport, Hardtop, Stage 2 Exhaust, CF side scoops, CF splitter, Composite Worx seats, gunmetal stripes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Official Recalls

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in