Custom 3M decals - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2016, 02:34 PM Thread Starter

Custom 3M decals

Hi all,

I have been a LT member for a long time and have seen many people supporting the community by selling items pertaining to the group.

I have a full service print shop in San Antonio, TX - AlphaGraphics and would love to print some 3M decals for racing purposes or any other uses for that matter. We can produce window and body decals along with wall and floor graphics/ posters etc, for your garage or man cave all customized with whatever image, picture etc you can think of as well, we have a full time in-house graphic design team that can create a custom design of your dreams.

We can ship anywhere in the US and Canada via FedEx.

I am not sure of the rules as I see other members that do not sponsor the site selling items, but I am more than happy to do so if that is the requirement and if any members would be interested in some products.

Let me know if I am breaking the rules or if there is any interest, group buys would not be required. And I do drive a Lotus (2006 Elise) just in case anyone is wondering

Thank you,
Taylor

2006 Phantom Black Elise --- Full Carbon Fiber Interior, Composite Worx CF Seats, AP Racing Big Brake Kit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2016, 02:45 PM

Let me know if you can reproduce this :

It looks like they started with red chrome vinyl, and using a large printer, they printed black ink on top.

Im interested to hear how you think they may have done it.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2016, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

That is exactly what it looks like, our machine is an HP 360 Latex printer so what we would do is print the black ink onto the red chrome vinyl (just as you thought). The Latex printer uses heat to dry the ink onto the vinyl. That is some seriously detailed artwork that took someone a long time, but of course it's worth it when it's applied to a P1! We can do a whole wrap but it wouldn't be very cost efficient unless you were in the area. lol and this would take some deep pockets for the design time factor. Nonetheless a great example of what new print technology is capable of.

2006 Phantom Black Elise --- Full Carbon Fiber Interior, Composite Worx CF Seats, AP Racing Big Brake Kit

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-04-2016, 11:51 AM

Hi, I'd be looking for a color door decal about 10" x 24", I'd want 2 or maybe 4 and have the art, would a quantity that small be cost effective? thanks
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-13-2016, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksva View Post
Hi, I'd be looking for a color door decal about 10" x 24", I'd want 2 or maybe 4 and have the art, would a quantity that small be cost effective? thanks

Sorry I'm probably too late!

I would charge $7 per sq ft. Plus standard fedex shipping. That should be fairly competitive!

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-13-2016, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

Name:  ImageUploadedByAG Free1468457108.546553.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  74.3 KB

Name:  ImageUploadedByAG Free1468457138.513442.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  50.8 KB

Just did these today

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-13-2016, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksva View Post

And assuming the art works out, I could probably ship this week!

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-19-2016, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

Name:  ImageUploadedByAG Free1471665218.584134.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  96.7 KB

Name:  ImageUploadedByAG Free1471665249.681650.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  57.0 KB

More decals. Lol I want to do some racing decals!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Misc For Sale

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in