The Incredible Sigma DP1M For sale! - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 11-20-2018, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

The Incredible Sigma DP1M For sale!

This digital camera is amazing, and there is nothing else out there like it (Unless you're talking about another sigma camera) This camera sports a FOVEON sensor as opposed to the common CMOS sensors you see out there, as well even the ultra RARE CCD (in fact, this is even more rare then those as only 1 company has ever produced it!)

Traditional DSLR's, or just digital cameras (mirrorless included) uses a single layer sensor covered with R,G,B pixels, where the pixels are actually R,G,G,B. This is the bayer pattern and the camera computer computes the missing color information. This has been insanely accurate, but it's still interpolated! So that 20+Megalpixel camera? Divide that by 4 and you get the real amount of details/information is trying to interpolate to something that resembles your modern 20+MP image.

Enter the Foveon sensor, a 3 layer sensor where each layer represents an entire single color. It has a Red layer, a green layer, and a blue layer. This camera is equipped with 15.36MPx3 and gives incredible images. It provides so much detail, you'll wonder how a 15.36 MP camera can rival some of the big names of the industry with 30+MP? This camera has been really hard for me to give up, but it's time. It'll need patience, careful planning, and the discipline of a traditional photographer as this camera comes with 2 batteries! (Each battery will probably get you up to 30-50 shots depending on your shooting style) So you better plan your shots well! It'll be just like the old film days when you have a maximum of 36 exposures!

This particular variant of the DP Merrill series is equipped with a 19mm f/2.8 lens and I have all the boxes and accessories that come with the camera

This camera is small, mirrorless, and it has a standard tripod mount.
Here are some of the images I've made with this camera!

Here's a small comparison between my 5D Mark 2 w/ 24-70 f/2.8L lens mounted (version 1) and the sigma DP1M
For this, I took a picture of a tree, then zoomed in/cropped to 100% to see the detail of the images.

5D Mark 2 Image:

And here it is 100% zoomed in and cropped:

Sigma DP1M Image:

And the 100% zoomed in crop:

Granted my 5D Mark 2 has a 21.1 Megapixel FULL FRAME sensor, this sigma was 15.3 and is a APS-C Sized sensor. The difference is staggering!
Both images were taken in RAW, AUTO-White Balanced, and then converted to JPEG for export.

Here are some other shots I've taken with this camera:

looking to get $700 OBO for this camera! message me if you have any questions! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Misc For Sale

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in