Oculus Rift CV1 (consumer version) for sale - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-25-2016, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
Absolute power does what?

Oculus Rift CV1 (consumer version) for sale

UPDATE: price dropped to $800 +shipping (I also have it on CL now)

Selling my very lightly used Oculus Rift CV1. I took great care when opening it to keep everything and to know where it all goes back as I didn't think I'd keep it - and I've decided that I'm not going to. Given the huge 3 screen setup I have already it felt like the Rift was a downgrade for me. As I almost exclusively play racing sims on my system I want/need to be able to see all the controls, switches, telemetry displays, etc. that I've built into my setup.

I also found the Rift to be too low resolution and narrow field of view for my tastes. I've found it matter greatly what type of games and gamer you are. The included demo games, Lucky's Tale (a Super Mario type game) and Eve:Valkyrie (a space dogfighter) are extremely well done and demonstrate the ability of VR greatly. The head tracking is rather amazing as the immersion effect is never broken. And the 3D effect for games and video/demos is completely amazing. Unlike current 3D TV it's not a 3D'ish effect it looks 100% like things are at distances, it really is impressive.

I'm planning on putting it on Craigslist for $1100 but thought I'd offer it up here for $950 +shipping. You can decide on the shipping method and we'll work out the cost, I kept all original packing materials, including the outer cardboard box so it'll arrive just like new - with just a few minor smudges from my fingers. It's had less than 5 hours of use at this point. I'll likely play with it a bit until it sells.

I can ship same day depending on the time you send payment. Payment by Paypal only, sent as a gift so you pay the fees.

Questions? I don't have any pictures but can if you insist, it looks like a brand new Oculus Rift so you know what it looks like.

Email me (no PM please) ross at jasbone.com

-Ross

2006 Exige | Full List | BOE Rev400 (357whp) | JC Head | ProAlloy | ForceFed | BOE QS | ITG Airbox | BOE catch cans | gPan2 | Setrab | JUBU | Tillett B5s | Scroth 6pt | OMP Superquadro | interior/HVAC delete | Traqmate | Chasecam | Lift Point Kit | Ultradiscs | RBF 600 | RS14 | Vented Pistons | Penske DA 600/800lbs | V2 arms | BOELinks | ShiftEnforcer | Manly mounts | Braille | Yoko S01s | R888s | GTC-200 & Canards | RACEsills | BOE UnderAero | F1 Livery

Daily/Tow: '10 V8 Pathfinder LE
Former: '11 Jaguar XF-R | '08 Audi RS 4 | '09 Legacy Spec.B | '08 Volvo S60R | '07 Nissan 350Z

Last edited by rosscarlson; 05-27-2016 at 07:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-12-2018, 07:11 AM

still for sale?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-12-2018, 07:21 AM
Addict

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06 Elise View Post
still for sale?
Not likely, that was a post from 2016 and Ross is not active around here anymore.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-12-2018, 07:32 AM

$800 would be a pretty bad price these days too considering the rift and touch controllers go for $350-400 on amazon
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-12-2018, 11:48 AM

Yeah I figured I knew Ross wasn't active it was just a shot and I figured that if he did have it and saw this then I could talk him down to the going rates now, oh well...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Misc For Sale

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in