Gator Motorsport - Meet the family! - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014, 11:40 AM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Gator Motorsport - Meet the family!

Gator Motorsport is Indiana's only authorized Lotus sales and service center as well as the Midwest's only authorized Rossion sales and service center. Catering to motoring enthusiasts who are passionate about their cars, Gator Motorsport is proud to offer a unique and distinguished sales and service experience. We have invested in the most advanced equipment, training, and people in order to offer a wide array of services from basic fluid changes and inspections to performance modifications, full race preparation, and custom full service life cycle programs for your vehicle.

Opening its doors in 2013, Gator Motorsport is the fulfillment of a lifelong dream by founder Young Kim. Built on the philosophy that "every detail matters", it is the mission of every Gator Motorsport team member to provide our clients with an unrivaled experience and to treat every vehicle as though it belonged to them. We realize that we are ambassadors of our brands, our business, and our community and we will represent them with the honesty, integrity, and passion: at the heart of who we are.

SERVICE: We service all highline vehicles. Our Master technician, T.J., offers industry-leading Motorsport support and performance modification for automotive enthusiasts. In addition to parts sales and installation, we offer services ranging from tech inspections and performance tuning to engine builds, custom fabrication, and full car restoration. We have experience prepping everything from Autocross cars to Championship rally cars and have the ability to perform any modification you could imagine.

SALES: We offer New & Pre-owned Lotus and Rossion cars. In addition to our fine selection of new cars, when we say we scour the country looking for the finest specimen of vehicles for our pre-owned inventory, we mean it. Our pre-owned inventory consists of handpicked vehicles that must meet our stringent requirements before they make way to the sales floor. For more information on any new or pre-owned vehicle, please don't hesitate to contact Brian Henry.

PARTS/ACCESSORIES: At Gator Motorsport, performance is at the heart of everything we do. Everything we put in, or take out, is engineered to enable your car to perform to its maximum. All of our parts and accessories are carried out to manufacturer’s specification. We offer a variety of items that will help you attain an enhanced driving experience, including but not limited to-: Superchargers, Suspension, Big brake kits, Exhaust, Custom headers, Safety gear, Harnesses, Wheels, Stainless steel brake lines, and carbon fiber accessories. If you can think of it, we can make it happen. In addition to the performance aspect we are a stocking dealer for all that is OEM Lotus, and aim to carry a large array of OEM parts at competitive prices, that will be carefully and efficiently shipped anywhere in the world.

DETAILING: As the name implies, detailing is all about the details and as in all things life, you get what you pay for. Detailing is the process of making your car look like new again using advanced cleaning and polishing treatments. Detailing is not just a wax, but a barrage of cleaning aimed at every speck of dirt, dust, and grease on your car.

At Gator Motorsport, we realize the importance of relationships, with clients, vendors, and partners. Rest assured, that our attention to detail, dependability, knowledge, and integrity will leave you satisfied time and time again. Please feel free to call us or stop by anytime! We can be reached toll free at 855-428-6767.

Service: [email protected]
Sales: [email protected]
Parts: [email protected] or [email protected]

All other inquiries please contact: [email protected]

Last edited by GatorMS_Sales; 01-09-2014 at 05:25 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 03:48 AM
www.theapexinn.com

good luck TJ !

Elise #2292 (SOLD) / CO / Starshield / Nitron Sport SA / RTDbrace / Uprights machined / Down Low rails / DBA 4000 Wiper Slot Rotors/ V1 / SS lines w/Pagid Black / G-Pan / Odyssey PC680 with RLS Bracket / Difflow 5 Element diffuser / Stebel Nautilus horn
www.theapexinn.com
" I started flying when Sex was safe and Hang Gliding was dangerous "
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 08:00 AM
BANNED

Did I start something by just stopping by to say, "Hi!"?

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 02:02 PM
Got Parts?

Haha! We hope so! Maybe you should drop by again soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by <@¿@> View Post
Did I start something by just stopping by to say, "Hi!"?

GATOR MOTORSPORT
'The Lotus Evora - A Rose of a Different Color'
Authorized Lotus, Rossion, Magnum, and Zenos dealership.
Specializing in Lotus service, parts, and performance upgrades.
"Unrivaled Excellence"
3353 West 96th Street. Indianapolis, IN 46268
(855)-428-6767
www.GatorMotorsport.com
www.LotusParts.com
Click here to take a virtual tour of our facilities!

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-09-2014, 05:48 AM
Such moderate

Garage
Welcome guys!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-09-2014, 05:50 AM Thread Starter
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-10-2014, 08:21 AM

Congrats and good luck in the future!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-17-2014, 08:41 AM
Supporting Vendor

Don't forget to "Like" us on Facebook too. Information on Events, the dealership, specials, motorsports and more....

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gator...56837284410972

thanks,
T.J.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 10:24 AM

Hi There

I am brand spanking new to the Lotus community but just had an experience that I simply HAD to post - because, in my humble opinion, it was so noteworthy. My commentary is quite long and I apologize for that; stating in my defense that this is the longest thing I've written in years - never to be repeated. I will start by stating that (big shock) I have been a car enthusiast all of my life and have been in the retail car business for 20+ years. I still work as a Sales Manager at a very reputable dealership in Indianapolis and we sell both highline and small, nimble European performance cars (some might even refer to them as "MINI"). I know a few guys in the Lotus community and have always been impressed by their enthusiasm and camaraderie - so I finally pressed the trigger on an 07 Exige S from a guy I know and trust. The car is Chrome (still trying to wrap my mind around the reaction it gets) Orange by the way - with tons of tasteful mods. The final decision maker for me was that we FINALLY got a Lotus dealer in Indy thanks to Young Kim who is a friend of a close friend. So I race trailer my new ride from my buddy's house (leaving him all teary eyed and with sellers remorse in the driveway) and, since it's a Sunday and snowing - the Master Tech TJ, at Gator Motorsports, offers to meet me down there and unlock the store on his day off to avoid having my Exige sitting outside. We meet and he immediately jumps in to help out with unloading the car and then proceeds to give us a guided tour of the facility. It's immediately apparent how proud he is of his work environment and the facility is, quite frankly, the most immaculate I have ever seen in my 20 years in the business (in England, Australia and the USA btw - so I feel qualified). I leave my prize with him because I already knew he was going to do the oil line recall and, while he was at it I wanted him to install an upgraded radiator (yes - I'd done my research) and I wanted him to do all of this BEFORE I drove the car. In the general inspection he found and recommended a few tweaks to the car that made a lot of sense since the clam was already off. It wasn't what he recommended - it was more his attention to detail and the way he recommended them. In my line of work I've dealt with a ton of engineers (since the cars we sell seem to appeal to a certain type) and this guy takes the cake. The guy talks about your car like it was his own -telling you what he'd do and why and the outcome of each mod. Being in the car biz I know BS when I see it and I know devotion to one's craft and it's clear that TJ is devoted. One day he was texting me some info and when I asked him to proceed with the mod he answered that he would when he returned to work - but that he was at a friend's wedding!!! How many techs have each of you dealt with over the years that are thinking about your car while attending a friend's wedding? Exactly - I rest my case your honor. I have to tell you, having said all this, that Gator's prices are extremely reasonable for the "artistry", expertise and devotion you get in return. TJ is, even still, sending texts checking up on how the tweaks he made are performing to the extent that, if I didn't know better, I 'd think that I was driving his car. Anyway - I have, of course, since joined LT and found that many people have had this kind of experience with TJ which explains why, for lack of a better term, he seems to be the Elvis of the Lotus Community (and I mean the Elvis prior to the Fools Gold sandwiches and dodgy Vegas jump suits) . So - to TJ and the Gator crew I'd like to say "Thank you, thank you very much!!". Oh - the Exige? Lives up to every expectation I had and then some. Thanks for reading.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 12:57 PM

Welcome to the Lotus community. Btw, TJ is terrific. Your car is in good hands

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-17-2014, 09:05 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Soul View Post
Hi There

I am brand spanking new to the Lotus community but just had an experience that I simply HAD to post - because, in my humble opinion, it was so noteworthy. My commentary is quite long and I apologize for that; stating in my defense that this is the longest thing I've written in years - never to be repeated. I will start by stating that (big shock) I have been a car enthusiast all of my life and have been in the retail car business for 20+ years. I still work as a Sales Manager at a very reputable dealership in Indianapolis and we sell both highline and small, nimble European performance cars (some might even refer to them as "MINI"). I know a few guys in the Lotus community and have always been impressed by their enthusiasm and camaraderie - so I finally pressed the trigger on an 07 Exige S from a guy I know and trust. The car is Chrome (still trying to wrap my mind around the reaction it gets) Orange by the way - with tons of tasteful mods. The final decision maker for me was that we FINALLY got a Lotus dealer in Indy thanks to Young Kim who is a friend of a close friend. So I race trailer my new ride from my buddy's house (leaving him all teary eyed and with sellers remorse in the driveway) and, since it's a Sunday and snowing - the Master Tech TJ, at Gator Motorsports, offers to meet me down there and unlock the store on his day off to avoid having my Exige sitting outside. We meet and he immediately jumps in to help out with unloading the car and then proceeds to give us a guided tour of the facility. It's immediately apparent how proud he is of his work environment and the facility is, quite frankly, the most immaculate I have ever seen in my 20 years in the business (in England, Australia and the USA btw - so I feel qualified). I leave my prize with him because I already knew he was going to do the oil line recall and, while he was at it I wanted him to install an upgraded radiator (yes - I'd done my research) and I wanted him to do all of this BEFORE I drove the car. In the general inspection he found and recommended a few tweaks to the car that made a lot of sense since the clam was already off. It wasn't what he recommended - it was more his attention to detail and the way he recommended them. In my line of work I've dealt with a ton of engineers (since the cars we sell seem to appeal to a certain type) and this guy takes the cake. The guy talks about your car like it was his own -telling you what he'd do and why and the outcome of each mod. Being in the car biz I know BS when I see it and I know devotion to one's craft and it's clear that TJ is devoted. One day he was texting me some info and when I asked him to proceed with the mod he answered that he would when he returned to work - but that he was at a friend's wedding!!! How many techs have each of you dealt with over the years that are thinking about your car while attending a friend's wedding? Exactly - I rest my case your honor. I have to tell you, having said all this, that Gator's prices are extremely reasonable for the "artistry", expertise and devotion you get in return. TJ is, even still, sending texts checking up on how the tweaks he made are performing to the extent that, if I didn't know better, I 'd think that I was driving his car. Anyway - I have, of course, since joined LT and found that many people have had this kind of experience with TJ which explains why, for lack of a better term, he seems to be the Elvis of the Lotus Community (and I mean the Elvis prior to the Fools Gold sandwiches and dodgy Vegas jump suits) . So - to TJ and the Gator crew I'd like to say "Thank you, thank you very much!!". Oh - the Exige? Lives up to every expectation I had and then some. Thanks for reading.
WOW John!! Thank you so much for the very kind review!! It has been a pleasure getting to know you, and to get reacquainted with your beautiful Exige. We look forward to helping you out in the future.

I have to say though, I cannot take all of the credit. We have an awesome team here, better than I have ever had in the past. Most of the work on your car was actually done by our technician Josh while I supervised. Josh is an amazing tech, I have been teaching him everything I know and he always seems to take things up another notch and out do me (and even Young Kim, says my OCD is catching his....). Even his attention to detail is beyond mine. Actually, it was his wedding I was at when texting you, and we were talking about your car while sitting at the head table.
Dino and Dan in parts, were also at that wedding, taking notes in their phones on what to order for your car when we returned to work. I often get text from them at night or get into work and they say "I was researching what you needed at home last night"...... Love the dedication!!
When I came to meet you that Sunday, our sales guy Brian wanted to come so he could meet you and see the new car but had a prior engagement for the store (he is always promoting sales, service, parts, and detail. Ever met a salesman that doesn't just think of himself, I know I haven't until I met Brian!).

I could go on and on.... about how Dustin makes me pretty in pictures (that is no easy task) and makes sure that everyone knows who Gator Motorsport is, our detail staff (Ty and Chris) and their concourse quality details make the work Josh and I do stand out (if not forgotten about because you cant quit looking at the beauty that was returned to your car), and our PR and office ladies, without them bills wouldn't get paid and events would not be so organized, amazing, well attended and known about (Indy 500 party coming up, Check it out.... https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f96/...-party-219961/).

Why am I writing all this.....
as I read Johns post, I was beaming with pride of what a great job our team did. So I just wanted to let them and all of you know, that I am proud of my Gator family!! they never cease to amaze me!!

Thanks for taking a minute to read this. It is amazing to me how sentimental I have gotten about my Gator family already. We are just going to get better and better with time like a good scotch!!

T.J.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Vendors > Gator Motorsport

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in