ALFA ROMEO STELVIO - Page 3 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-01-2018, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brgelise View Post
I HAD A 2015 RANGE ROVER EVOQUE DYNAMIC COUPE FOR 15 MONTHS. LOVED THE VEHICLE BUT THE tranny was the worst piece of crap I have ever experienced in the modern era. Unprogrammable Great eye candy though. I wish they would admit their stupidity on this one because my RRS is a PURE DREAM.

Go drive a Quadrofoglio Stelvio and I dare you to come back unimpressed.
ZF's 9HP has been terrible in anything it's been put in; it's strange that the same company that made something so good (the 8HP) could make something so bad!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018, 02:35 AM

Quote:
... I certainly haven't seen a single one at the track yet to try but I have read enough to know it won't survive well at the track, which is where I drive it to, from and on.
This'll blow any doubts away... just take a look at those lap times at the end!

post #43 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018, 08:00 AM
Less is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roundabout View Post
As a wagon (Subaru Outback, seats barely 5, tows 1500 lbs, has small rear opening) and SUV owner (Dodge Durango, seats 7, tows 6700 lbs, can fit elise rear clam in rear opening), I find your size comparison to be well and truly into the "you must be smoking crack" realm.

It could be that you're intending to make a comparison between a crossover and a wagon.
I wouldn't necessarily be comparing those two vehicles myself.

I'm not sure that I need to clarify my original comment further, but I suppose I will because who's going to stop me? Anyway, if you need an SUV for towing, utility, terrain, ground clearance, that's fine. I wouldn't say they don't have a purpose.

The problem, in the self contained and very pleasant little world that I've created for myself, is that everyone and their neighbor has a 4000-5000 pound bus to run to the grocery store, pick up the kids and commute to work. The utility of the vehicle goes unused and what utility is used could very easily be satisfied by a much more maneuverable and less obstructive vehicle for the rest of us.

Drawing a distinction between an SUV and crossover or whatever other new name they decide to give to these things is really irrelevant to the point.

post #44 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-02-2018, 08:02 AM
Less is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbopun View Post
Enjoy the past, Luddite.

I'm really looking forward to my next vehicle purchase, which will almost certainly be an automatic. Preferably a DCT with paddles, but even German slush boxes are on the table.
Wow! Sounds like phun!

I work for a tech company, I have not problem with tech. I actually have no problem with an automatic transmission, for you, but for me, no thanks. Not fun.

Last edited by me73; 06-02-2018 at 10:05 AM.
post #45 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-04-2018, 06:33 AM Thread Starter

I'll always have a manual toy somewhere, but for serious work I'm ready to move forward and with all the IPS issues I have seen posted (probably more than any other issue on Evora, I don't think it is worthy of a dedicated track car at this point.
When you can stuff 4 wheels and tires in the sedan to get worked on in any sedan, call me. When you want to pick up 500lbs of fertilizer in your sedan , fine, in back of a hatchback no prob. I do carry large things often, I go to my vacation home 375 miles away every other week, often with lots of stuff. It was purchased for utility and rather than a wagon which means the slush on 95 during storms in the winter hits windshield directly, I'm up a bit more for better visibility. BTW the REAL obstructions on the road are the PICKUP truck drivers using those beasts as Daily Drivers. We mid sized SUV type drivers are actually the compromisers.

There will always be a few manuals out there

If you have a choice between a 3 box archaic sedan that is only really useful for people moving now that huge trunks no longer exist versus the Stelvio, considering its size, it is actually lighter than a lot of those sedans. It drives and handles every bit as well and it can actually do work or haul something large if needed. Let's try to realize this is a click (several) up the ladder from the utilitarian Forester. Its inexpensive and built to stay that way remember?

I actually hope I don't see too many as I am enjoying the exclusivity in a world of german telefunken U46's.

16 Maserati GranTurismo Sport Ext Campio /Grigio Chronos w/full MC Carbon Fiber interior trim, Stock for now
18 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Visconti Verde/Brown Leather Remus Catback,Eurocompulsion Phase 2 V2 intake, 390HP/443ft-lb Tq!
16 Range Rover Sport HSE, Montalcino Red w/Ivory Leather-[/COLOR]- 456HP/412ft-lb Tq
12 Maxda MX-5 Miata GT PRHT True Red/Black leather
11 Lotus Evora "S" Persian Blue, Grey/Black Suedetex/Leather

Last edited by brgelise; 06-04-2018 at 06:44 AM.
post #46 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-16-2018, 08:20 AM
Less is Better

post #47 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-16-2018, 08:48 AM

Since this link is about "Sports Wagons", here's my choice for the ultimate "Sports Wagon".
Attached Images

brgelise and me73 like this.
post #48 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-23-2018, 05:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by senna's daddy View Post
Since this link is about "Sports Wagons", here's my choice for the ultimate "Sports Wagon".

Maybe after saving my allowance for a few millenia. But would you have the cahones to do a dump run with it??

16 Maserati GranTurismo Sport Ext Campio /Grigio Chronos w/full MC Carbon Fiber interior trim, Stock for now
18 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Visconti Verde/Brown Leather Remus Catback,Eurocompulsion Phase 2 V2 intake, 390HP/443ft-lb Tq!
16 Range Rover Sport HSE, Montalcino Red w/Ivory Leather-[/COLOR]- 456HP/412ft-lb Tq
post #49 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 10:17 AM
glb

Enjoy.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...omparison-test

05 elise (BOE Rev300 supercharged, SSRs, shift tower mods, Multivex; HID hi/low beams); 05 Corolla XRS. Past '72 Elan Sprint (I restored), Lotus 7 w/X-flow, TT Supra, Bugeye Sprite, BMW 2002 & 2002tii, '65 GTO.

Driving Tips-https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f10...art-1-a-49665/
Moss Emergency Line-https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f10...cy-line-36631/
Bleeding Brakes- https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f10...-brakes-241138
post #50 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-03-2018, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Maybe after saving my allowance for a few millenia. But would you have the cahones to do a dump run with it??
I usually try to pass on my previously curated items on to the next curator.
Attached Images

post #51 of 52 (permalink) Old 08-18-2018, 02:49 AM

So I finally picked up a Stelvio Ti Sport

I'm about 100 miles in and very happy!

The handling is exceptional, comfort and power excellent. I'm sure I'll find a few quirks in time but overall it's a great car. There are bits inside (quality/tech) where it can't compete with say a Q5 but this thing has a soul and drives like no Audi (in a good way - and I love my Audis).

If Lotus can pull this off with their suv coupled with Volvo tech/interior quality they should have a winner.

glb and brgelise like this.

"People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living. People don't say that about you...as far as you know."

LotusPALS http://lotuspals.ning.com/

2006 Elise
2013 Evora S IPS
post #52 of 52 (permalink) Old 10-29-2018, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

Cornbeef is a fellow Stelvio forum Alfisti too now. Both brands are in that special niche for DRIVERS!!

Notice the results of the tuning!!!. $$ck german cars!!!!

Last edited by brgelise; 11-01-2018 at 06:44 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Other

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in