Does Joe Biden have Alzheimer's or is he just retarded? - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 02:47 PM Thread Starter

Does Joe Biden have Alzheimer's or is he just retarded?

WASHINGTON - Senator Joe Biden was spinning folksy one-liners with CBS News anchor Katie Couric the other night, when he offered this pearl of wisdom about how real leaders act during times of national crisis:

"When the stock market crashed (in 1929), Franklin Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just talk about the princes of greed. He said, 'Look, here's what happened' "

It was a great sound bite except for two things: Herbert Hoover, not Roosevelt, was president at the time, and commercial television didn't exist.

The good news for Biden was that hardly anyone noticed the historical error. The bad news? The blunder was overlooked only because the Democratic vice-presidential candidate was busy doing damage control Tuesday over two bigger gaffes that have landed him in Barack Obama's doghouse.

After weeks of being overshadowed in the U.S. media by his Republican counterpart, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, Obama's running mate is suddenly making headline news for all the wrong reasons. First, he blasted his own campaign for running a "terrible" ad that claimed Republican presidential candidate John McCain did not know how to operate a computer or send e-mail.

Then video surfaced of Biden telling an environmentalist voter in coal-rich Ohio - a vital battleground state - that there would be "no coal plants here in America" in an Obama administration.

McCain's campaign made political hay out of both comments, using them to underscore Republican claims Obama is waging a dirty campaign and to cast him as out of touch with working-class voters in the American heartland.

"Barack Obama and Joe Biden must really think they can win this election without Ohio, because they're doing their best to lose it with stupid comments like these," Bob Bennett, chairman of the Ohio Republican Party, said in a statement. "Keep talking, Joe."

Biden's slip-ups have underscored the Democrats' biggest concern about the loquacious senator - that his unscripted, freewheeling speaking style might lead to embarrassing distractions for a campaign with little room for political error.

In recent days, Biden has claimed it was the "patriotic" duty of wealthy Americans to pay higher taxes, urged a wheelchair-bound man to "stand up" at a Democratic rally, and suggested Hillary Clinton "might have been a better pick than me" as Obama's running mate.

But many of those remarks were lost amid the media fascination with Palin.

Biden's real trouble only began when CBS aired its feature interview with him on Monday.

Asked about an Obama campaign ad that mocked McCain for admitting he doesn't use computers or e-mail, Biden retorted: "I thought that was terrible, by the way."

McCain's campaign has said the Arizona senator has difficulty using computers because of injuries to his arms incurred during the Vietnam War.

Pressed by Couric about why the ad was aired, Biden offered up more criticism of his own campaign: "I didn't know we did it, and if I had anything to do with it, we would have never done it."

Biden backtracked within hours, protesting that he had never actually seen the ad and was "reacting merely to press reports."

Potentially more damaging for Obama was Biden's comments about coal. "No coal plants here in America," Biden told a woman in Ohio who had asked him if why the Obama campaign supported clean-coal technology.

"We're not supporting clean coal," he said.

"Build them, if they're going to build them, over there (in China). Make 'em clean because they're killing you."

Biden got it wrong. Obama has vowed to "develop and deploy clean-coal technology" as part of a plan to create "green" jobs in the U.S. Midwest.

The more Biden talks, the more Obama seems to be concerned. The Illinois senator on Tuesday publicly chastised his running mate for saying last week he did not believe insurance giant American International Group "should be bailed out by the federal government." The comment undermined Obama, who had criticized McCain for saying the same thing.

"I think Joe should have waited, as well," Obama said on NBC's Today show.

2011 M3 convertible

Previous car #2 - 2008 Elise SC Ardent Red - Touring, Sport, Starshield (found a new home)

Previous car #1 - 2005 Elise Saffron Yellow (totaled in flood- the original underwater elise)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

a man of his word
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9asFrls4mws&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9asFrls4mws&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2011 M3 convertible

Previous car #2 - 2008 Elise SC Ardent Red - Touring, Sport, Starshield (found a new home)

Previous car #1 - 2005 Elise Saffron Yellow (totaled in flood- the original underwater elise)
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 02:56 PM

OK, the Roosevelt reference was a little absent-minded...LOL

Be an alpha male. Drive a Lotus.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarian Motorist View Post
OK, the Roosevelt reference was a little absent-minded...LOL
No, if in that statement he had only made an errant historical reference to Roosevelt..THAT might be construed as absent minded, but to then say Roosevelt was on TV at a time TV's didn't exist, that's brain/mouth disconnect.

As was the 'stand up buddy, let everybody see you' comment to the wheelchair bound local legislator at the rally.

His history of gaffes is FAR longer than Palin's. Far, far longer, with some plagarism thrown in.
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 03:30 PM
qball

He's no Beauty Pageant winner!
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotusforsale View Post
No, if in that statement he had only made an errant historical reference to Roosevelt..THAT might be construed as absent minded, but to then say Roosevelt was on TV at a time TV's didn't exist, that's brain/mouth disconnect.

As was the 'stand up buddy, let everybody see you' comment to the wheelchair bound local legislator at the rally.

His history of gaffes is FAR longer than Palin's. Far, far longer, with some plagarism thrown in.

Does it really matter if he misspoke and said TV, when he really meant radio? His point is getting across which is what matters.

The bind guy thing was profoundly retarded, yes, but it was also an honest, harmless mistake.

Be an alpha male. Drive a Lotus.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 04:18 PM

Least hes not saying that hes an expert in foreign policy because he can see Russia and Canada from his house....

Studies show 100% of people die. Might as well have some fun.

"Comfort is for kids. I would want to make my passengers weep in fear" - Agent One
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 04:28 PM
BANNED

I heard Biden is a racist and he hates women. Oh and he makes love to squirrels. Do we really want a racist squirrel loving misognyst being our VP? I say no...
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 04:31 PM

I heard that george W bush snorted coke till he became retarded and then got elected president

joe may not be a historical genius but he certainly looks like a genius next to our current president

Dude, there's my car!
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarian Motorist View Post
Does it really matter if he misspoke and said TV, when he really meant radio? His point is getting across which is what matters.

The bind guy thing was profoundly retarded, yes, but it was also an honest, harmless mistake.
Have you been hired to be an apologist for Joe Biden? How do you know that he "misspoke" or just didn't know the facts?

Former Vice President Dan Quayle still ranks as America’s favorite dumb politician because of what happened in Trenton on June 15, 1992.

That’s the day, you probably recall, a Trenton, New Jersey sixth grader had to teach the Vice President of the United States that potato is not spelled with an e on the end.

If we still find a spelling error humorous after 16 years then Biden's comments should keep us laughing for at least 50.

Now I lay me down to sleep
Beside the bed a Glock I keep
If I awake and you're inside
The Coroner will give you your last ride
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpent View Post
Least hes not saying that hes an expert in foreign policy because he can see Russia and Canada from his house....
When did Palin say she was an "expert?" Source?

the1sen: why move forward with design when you can recreate a monstrosity from the past?
FIL: Have you ever heard of a threesome? I know its her sister, but they are Swedish. That $hit is totally accepted over there.
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 04:58 PM

You can hardly compare Biden's "Gotcha" moments with Sarah Palin's total and complete lack of qualifications. By qualifications, I don't just mean experience. I honestly do not think she has the ability to do the job. Average life expectancy in the US is less than McCain would be at the end of his first term, meaning there's a pretty good chance she would become ruler of the free world. This ought to scare the hell out of you.

JohnnyQuik

current toys:
'05 Elise
'72/'79 MGB
'06 Z4
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyQuik View Post
You can hardly compare Biden's "Gotcha" moments with Sarah Palin's total and complete lack of qualifications. By qualifications, I don't just mean experience. I honestly do not think she has the ability to do the job. Average life expectancy in the US is less than McCain would be at the end of his first term, meaning there's a pretty good chance she would become ruler of the free world. This ought to scare the hell out of you.
You're entitled to your opinion.
Opinions are like a**holes. Everyone has one and they usually stink!

Now I lay me down to sleep
Beside the bed a Glock I keep
If I awake and you're inside
The Coroner will give you your last ride
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 05:25 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyQuik View Post
OK Jack Cafferty stop repeating what you hear from the liberal news media in their hollywood fortresses cut off from the world. Palin is a beautiful woman with as much experience as Obama. I mean come on now. You're being ridiculous. She'll show the world on Thursday just how great she is. Her and her Maverick running mate.
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

what a genius...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zUA8ehkjkHI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zUA8ehkjkHI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2011 M3 convertible

post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 05:35 PM

johnnyquick, you might look at the actuarial tables, i think you'll find it interesting.
as a 76 year old, i watch them carefully....
sam

'06 ELISE now with hidden talent and dual cigarette lighter sockets!
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 05:48 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan1 View Post
what a genius...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zUA8ehkjkHI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zUA8ehkjkHI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
OMG WHAT A COMPLETE IDIOT BIDEN IS!!! You really nailed em Ivan1...

Also did you know his running mate is a Muslim?
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 05:56 PM

Quote:
what a genius...

That's change I can believe in.

the1sen: why move forward with design when you can recreate a monstrosity from the past?
FIL: Have you ever heard of a threesome? I know its her sister, but they are Swedish. That $hit is totally accepted over there.
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 06:10 PM Thread Starter

From CBS news:

Aided by Gov. Jennifer Granholm, D-Mich., who stood in for Palin during practice runs today, Biden spent seven hours on the second floor of the Sheraton Suites hotel in Wilmington before taking a break for dinner at 6:30pm.

As he exited the hotel for his dinner break, Biden was asked “Senator, can we get your reaction to the House bill not passing?”

Biden interrupted the question with a “Hey folks,” to reporters and then said “Oh, things are going well.”

Biden’s press secretary, David Wade, sent an e-mail minutes later, saying “the senator thought you asked how prep was going” for this week’s debate with Gov. Sarah Palin.

2011 M3 convertible

post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 06:18 PM
BANNED

Quote:
From CBS news:

Aided by Gov. Jennifer Granholm, D-Mich., who stood in for Palin during practice runs today, Biden spent seven hours on the second floor of the Sheraton Suites hotel in Wilmington before taking a break for dinner at 6:30pm.

As he exited the hotel for his dinner break, Biden was asked “Senator, can we get your reaction to the House bill not passing?”

Biden interrupted the question with a “Hey folks,” to reporters and then said “Oh, things are going well.”

Biden’s press secretary, David Wade, sent an e-mail minutes later, saying “the senator thought you asked how prep was going” for this week’s debate with Gov. Sarah Palin.
What a retard!!! I can't believe he answered that way when a reporter shouted a question at him in a crowded noisy hotel. What's next with this joker?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Other

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in