Doug DeMuro on Horrid Range Rover - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verichai View Post
What's interesting is that you don't even need to scratch the surface of any magazine, website or youtube channel to understand what inferior products Jeep, Range Rover and Fiat produce. And yet, they are everywhere. People will spend their money on absolutely anything.
Someone once told me that the whole status thing with Range Rovers completely meshed with their terrible reliability. The idea goes like this: who else but someone with money to burn buys and maintains a car that is so absurdly bad reliability-wise? It breaks? They just throw money at the problem (maybe just buy a new one!).

Drives a Prius (clearly knows nothing about cars).

Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious
Leave Out The Unnecessary Stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-14-2018, 10:09 PM
JWA

My experience with them has been different. I currently own a Land Rover LR4 that’s about to turn 100k Miles with no issues, my wife’s Evoque has been a great vehicle with no issues, my Alfa 4C has never had a single issue, I expect my wife’s new F-Type Coupe to be just fine, and my Fiat 124 Abarth has been trouble free and a lot of fun for the year that I’ve had it. All of them have had less major and minor issues than my four Lotus had, though I wouldn’t rate them as bad either.

In addition to the above I’ve owned a number of modern VWs, Audis, Jeeps, Minis, Mazdas, and Porsches and none of them had any issues to speak of. The biggest problem cars that I’ve owned were a Toyota, a Subaru and a to some extent a Ford.

DeMuro’s schtick is bitching and moaning about cars for clicks/views. He’s purposefully choosing to let the problems persist to get you to watch and post about it. Life’s too short for that stuff.

“The public” would say that a car such as the Elise is a complete waste of money. As usual, they’re wrong.
brgelise likes this.
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-25-2018, 09:33 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA View Post
my wife’s Evoque has been a great vehicle with no issues
My wife and I had an Evoque as a rental for a long weekend and we both really liked it. We talked about buying one, but the negative reviews turned us off.

You own an Alfa 4C...oh I came so close to buying one of those before the Elise. Thought the concept was gorgeous. Thought the production version was gorgeous. Love the philosophy. But needed the manual.

The general public would think that about the Elise. I've realized people either get it or they don't. And the ones that do, are generally the same ones who enjoy driving.

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-25-2018, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
glb

Quote:
My experience with them has been different. I currently own a Land Rover LR4 that’s about to turn 100k Miles with no issues, my wife’s Evoque has been a great vehicle with no issues, my Alfa 4C has never had a single issue, I expect my wife’s new F-Type Coupe to be just fine, and my Fiat 124 Abarth has been trouble free and a lot of fun for the year that I’ve had it. All of them have had less major and minor issues than my four Lotus had, though I wouldn’t rate them as bad either.

In addition to the above I’ve owned a number of modern VWs, Audis, Jeeps, Minis, Mazdas, and Porsches and none of them had any issues to speak of. The biggest problem cars that I’ve owned were a Toyota, a Subaru and a to some extent a Ford.

DeMuro’s schtick is bitching and moaning about cars for clicks/views. He’s purposefully choosing to let the problems persist to get you to watch and post about it. Life’s too short for that stuff.

“The public” would say that a car such as the Elise is a complete waste of money. As usual, they’re wrong.
Mass production does contain some randomness.

DeMuro often praises cars, so I can't agree with your assessment.

Glad you are happy with your cars.

05 elise (BOE Rev300 supercharged, SSRs, shift tower mods, Multivex; HID hi/low beams); 05 Corolla XRS. Past '72 Elan Sprint (I restored), Lotus 7 w/X-flow, TT Supra, Bugeye Sprite, BMW 2002 & 2002tii, '65 GTO.

Driving Tips-https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f10...art-1-a-49665/
Moss Emergency Line-https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f10...cy-line-36631/
Bleeding Brakes- https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f10...-brakes-241138
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-30-2018, 05:23 AM

Quote:

BULLSEYE. 3 Jags never went back to dealer with an issue. 12 XK got run over by a truck so it didn't last long
3 Lotus, sandwich plate on Elise after 6yrs, bad TRW rack on a new Evora....warranty.... heavily tracked
2 Range Rovers 16 RRS is PERFECT. got rid of 15 Evoque due to GERMAn 9 speed ZF that sucked
1 93 Alfa Romeo 164L kept 9 year and 85K. At 60K German ZF tranny seals leaked
1 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio has only 2K miles but except for a few minor niggles, excellent for a first year vehicle!!

I had more trouble on my 2100 BMW X35d and potential nightmares than all other vehicles combined. So much for german engineering
I don't even watch Doug anymore as his info is basically useless. Does he even own a wrench??

16 Maserati GranTurismo Sport Ext Campio /Grigio Chronos w/full MC Carbon Fiber interior trim, Stock for now
18 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Visconti Verde/Brown Leather Remus Catback,Eurocompulsion Phase 2 V2 intake, 390HP/443ft-lb Tq!
16 Range Rover Sport HSE, Montalcino Red w/Ivory Leather-[/COLOR]- 456HP/412ft-lb Tq
12 Maxda MX-5 Miata GT PRHT True Red/Black leather
11 Lotus Evora "S" Persian Blue, Grey/Black Suedetex/Leather
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Other

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in