I'll just Drop This Bomb Here - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Parko
  • 1 Post By Ls1Rx7

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-14-2018, 08:42 AM Thread Starter

I'll just Drop This Bomb Here

LoL, I love VinWiki, but I must be certifiably insane because I love my Elise. Compared to the kit car I was going to build, it drives like a Bentley.
And even the Gen 3 viper (early 2000s) I was comparing the Elise to was worse in almost every way. That car was hot, shook and rattled like nothing outside of a dedicated track car, the transmission felt like it belonged a dump truck, and the pedal position was something only someone with severe scoliosis could appreciate.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-14-2018, 10:17 AM

LOL, I just watched this today. I thought it was pretty spot on in terms of personality types for lotus owners. He made some pretty accurate observations and I'd be very interested to talk with him more about increasing value of the ELIGE cars.

Good video overall

2006 Black Exige
Chimera R.B.S./ITB airfilter/Composite Worx
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-14-2018, 04:35 PM

Garage
I love it! How entertaining! He is fun to watch.

L O T U S

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-15-2018, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ls1Rx7 View Post
And even the Gen 3 viper (early 2000s) I was comparing the Elise to was worse in almost every way. That car was hot, shook and rattled like nothing outside of a dedicated track car, the transmission felt like it belonged a dump truck, and the pedal position was something only someone with severe scoliosis could appreciate.

I mean, it was a early-2000s Chrysler product ... this was the era where their "being on a roll" meant the PT Cruiser.

Drives a Prius (clearly knows nothing about cars).

Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious
Leave Out The Unnecessary Stuff
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-15-2018, 06:13 AM

He is the typical high end car sales douche bag. I doubt he knows much about cars besides how to complain about how they drive.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-15-2018, 06:33 AM
eZg

I would like to know how he felt about the 400 engine since that seemed to be his main complaint.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-15-2018, 08:56 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus90 View Post
He is the typical high end car sales douche bag. I doubt he knows much about cars besides how to complain about how they drive.
Hating on someone or something is easy. Building or creating something is much more difficult.

A lot of people find his stories entertaining. He has accomplished more than just selling cars, including holding the record for fastest "Canonball run", as well as previous stints as a driving instructor and owning a super car rental company before starting VINwiki. I can respect people having a passion for something (like super cars) and finding ways to involve that in their work life.
Spartacus likes this.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-15-2018, 09:31 AM

Garage
Funny I traded a Cayman for the Evora.............He contradicts himself several times in this video. I don't find him credible.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-16-2018, 01:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gray View Post
I mean, it was a early-2000s Chrysler product ... this was the era where their "being on a roll" meant the PT Cruiser.
I never really held the viper in the same regard. Chrysler products are still garbage, and supposedly the newest vipers are quite nice.
It really surprised me though. I've been in several kit cars that were more refined.

If I could cut the number of squeeks and rattles in my Elise by 50-75% it would be perfect
But I can't hear those over the wind noise when the roof is down so can't really complain
brgelise likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Other

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in