The Official "I am Looking for Work" thread - Page 3 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 105 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 09:22 AM

Tech guy / CPA

I am a very recent transplant to the Washington, DC area from Detroit. My education is as an accountant. I have a CPA certificate (lapsed due to continuing education) in the State of Michigan. I have been doing tech consulting servicing small businesses since 2003 hence the reason for the aforementioned lapse. I joke that if it involves electricity I would be responsible for it (servers to networking to telephony to electric staplers).

My long-term goal in to get into the intelligence community. I am more than willing to work in tech or accounting to get my foot in the door as I truly enjoy many different things.

If you have any suggestions or would like a copy of my resume please do not hesitate to contact me here and I will email you.

Thanks for your help!

Ethan

2005 Storm Titanium, Sport, Touring, Stage II, black powder coating (wheels, rear, and gas cap), upgraded lights

1995 BMW M3, blue exterior with white leather interior, ~28k miles
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 105 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 04:45 PM

Hey guy's (and gal's)I'm a bench jeweler, and I have been for 25 years. The company that I work for (Fortunoff) is in chapter 11 and will be closing it's doors forever on Sunday may 31st.
I am a good jeweler, with many skills.
Thanks for reading,
Greg

Laser blue,biscuit, micro mirror, "Blue knob" ,HID lights,Euro LED rear lights,LED headlight rings,rear badge,blue starter button, replaced speakers,perma grin,
Club111 The Sith lord of the LB's loyal henchman
post #43 of 105 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 05:07 PM

I'm a Chemist. I have my BS in Biochemistry with a minor in physics and a PhD in Physical Chemistry. I've worked QC in the consumer products industry and now I work in an analytical role at a small pharmaceutical and medical device company.

My wife and I are interested in making a move to a warmer climate (Phoenix/Scottsdale, So Cal, Portland, etc.) but the job market for analytical chemists is not good right now.

Paul Parkanzky
Magnetic Blue with Biscuit Touring, LSS, Starshield

post #44 of 105 (permalink) Old 06-01-2009, 07:16 AM

Hmm, doesn't hurt to try - I have been conducting outreach and training for 8 years to everyone from local, state, and fed. law enforcement (including some of the three letter agencies), military, universities, faith and church groups, multi-national airlines (one of the big three ), and others. I have also been retained as a subject matter expert in court and on relevant DVD's.

I conduct seminars on diversity, cultural competency, and Arab and Muslim cultures and have a proven record. Looking to branch out to private sector more and possibly work with HR departments for conferences, retreats, and the like.

I've been told I vibe out a hybrid of a professor and stand up comedian. We have fun and we reach people. Let me know if you know of companies that may be interested in me, feel free to email me: [email protected]

Have also been trying to get some national television attention on the work I do. Got on some radio shows, but trying for TV - any leads you may have are sincerely appreciated.

Also, for what it's worth, here is a Wash Post Express feature from a little while ago about my work: Express Night Out | Arts & Events | Informative Irreverence: Nawar Shora, 'The Arab-American Handbook'

Cheers,
Nawar

Today STI, Tomorrow Exige S

Please check out my first book: www.ArabAmericanHandbook.com
I've successfully used it to teach law enforcement, academia, and the private sector!

Last edited by Nawambo; 06-01-2009 at 07:21 AM.
post #45 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 03:33 PM

Bringing this thread back up.
5th year double major in Electrical & Mechanical Engineering.
Looking for Winter or Summer internship in either. I have research & corporate experience. Resume ready to go.
I'd prefer RI/MA/CT, but if it's interesting & there's enough compensation, I'll go anywhere that's vaguely near a coast.

'08 Mazdaspeed3, '05 Jeep LJ, FFR 818, '05 RX8, '97 Miata
post #46 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-21-2009, 04:40 PM
JnC

Update: We're still hiring. Currently have about 5 requisitions open at both Charlotte NC, and San Jose, CA. See linky in quote below. Interested folks can drop me a PM so I can field questions and assist with making a proper referral.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JnC View Post
The company I work for, Tessera, has a few job requisitions open for engineers and technicians. Folks who have semiconductor wafer processing or optics experience would be a good fit in the Charlotte NC facility.

2007 Cross Country Travelblog
11 Lotus Elise Final Edition :: Chrome Orange
16 Honda CR-Z EX
76 Porsche 912E
95 Porsche 911
post #47 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 12:24 AM

I'm currently a Mechanical Engineering student in Southern California, somewhat proficient in Pro/E (working on it ). I also am proficient at playing guitar, bass guitar, and percussion instruments.

If any Lotus owner has a job/internship for me that would be awesome

1969 Lotus Elan
1968 BMW 1600

Livin' life in the '60's ;-)
post #48 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 09:42 AM

If you are a data modeler and live in Houston, send me a PM. I know of a position with a government agency that needs to be filled right away.

"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
-- Laurence J. Peter
post #49 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-29-2009, 11:23 AM

Well, I might as well give this a try altough I am sure this is a long, long shot! I am looking for a new long term contract in the Houston area for SAP and transaction taxes (Vertex, Taxware or VAT). I would be open to other areas of the country as well, but Houston is my first choice since I live there.
post #50 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-30-2009, 03:11 AM

As of today, I am looking as well - Communication Semiconductor Sales and Marketing guy. Used to work at Broadcom and most recently another smaller company called NetLogic. 14+ years experience and tons of customer relationships in Asia.
post #51 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 05:49 AM

Looking for work related to geology, environmental consulting, lab positions, programming positions, computer modeling, defense, or electrical engineering.

I graduated Penn State in December of 2008 with a geoscience B.S. and wrote my thesis in quantitative hydrogeology:

Predicting temperature-dependent hydraulic conductivity variation and its implications for contaminant transport near pumping wells.

I also created a 3D Matlab model for my thesis.

Resume attached, thesis available.

Edit:
Thesis is here - http://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0...MDk5MGJk&hl=en
Attached Files
File Type: doc Theodore Donovan Resume 1-26-10.doc (47.0 KB, 441 views)

2009 135i - Black Sapphire Metallic/Coral red.
2007 Lotus Exige S (deceased) - Storm Titanium.
RIP SCCVC11127HL80723
May the roar of your supercharger forever shatter the serenity of the heavens <3

Last edited by Cthulhu; 02-10-2010 at 09:43 AM.
post #52 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 10:51 AM

We are looking for MEP, plant, w w/w, engineers that like to travel (position is customer industry sales/support) and have experiance with Autocad and/or Revit.

PM me.

"I really started paying attention to cars was when they came out with the Nissan Z, the first body. Then I seen the Cherokees, the old square ones, and I was like, “Wow, that’s cool.” Then I seen the Isuzu jeeps and I seen the Wranglers."
-Lotus Cars VP of Global Design
post #53 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-26-2010, 08:43 PM

Green Ghost, it looks like you do some amazing work. I will definitely keep that in mind if I ever need construction work like you posted.

Great to see the lotus members looking out for each other in these tough times when so many people have been laid off.
post #54 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-26-2010, 06:04 PM

Thought I'd post a success story:

After 9 years working where I do, where I moved up to become Legal Director, I finally will be moving on this April. I got a very good senior level job with TSA. I'm very excited and thought I'd share with my fellow enthusiasts.

Woo Hoo!

Today STI, Tomorrow Exige S

Please check out my first book: www.ArabAmericanHandbook.com
I've successfully used it to teach law enforcement, academia, and the private sector!
post #55 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-27-2010, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawambo View Post
Woo Hoo!
Woo hoo, indeed. Congrats and best wishes.
post #56 of 105 (permalink) Old 04-21-2010, 04:05 AM

I'm owner of a design company in the Netherlands.
We create/design logos, business cards, flyers, websites and more.

Our specialities are speed and accuracy.

We're looking for projects abroad to expand our business.
post #57 of 105 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 09:38 AM

Senior Manager of Operations out of Fedex

Looking for a position between Dallas and So Cal. Thanks for making this a sticky and a place to post.

I have 14 years experience in retail, print, design and transportation industry. Multi Unit management 200 reports. Heavy technology experience (hardware, networking, and Design Programs), Degree in Biology and loves cars! Yes I know, jack of trades! An excellent partner to drive sales in a operations environment, my resume speaks to that. Financially responsible for 20mm in sales.
Give me a call or email!
Alex Cornwell - LinkedIn
Attached Files
File Type: doc AlexCresume.doc (39.0 KB, 230 views)

Elise 05 Bourdeaux (like the wine!)- Euro Exhaust, XS Cold Air, K40, Sport / Touring, Hardtop

1500 Dodge Ram
2003 Tahoe
Honda Civic 03 DD !
post #58 of 105 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 10:13 AM

My team currently has a few openings available for programmers in the SF/Bay Area. If you have experience in the game industry as a core, game play, or tools engineer developing titles for the PS3/360, PM me with your contact info.
post #59 of 105 (permalink) Old 07-07-2010, 05:34 PM

From what I gathered.... We are a bunch of very intelligent and skilled people. Why not start our own company? Quote this if you are interested.

I'm a sales/manager guy with connections in Canada.
post #60 of 105 (permalink) Old 07-27-2010, 09:57 AM
I Have Commitment Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESlaughter View Post
From what I gathered.... We are a bunch of very intelligent and skilled people. Why not start our own company? Quote this if you are interested.

I'm a sales/manager guy with connections in Canada.
I'm a sales/manager as well and id definitely be interested in what you have to say. I have an IT background as well as new business development/marketing experience. Im currently looking for work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Community > Other

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in