15''s - Page 3 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-22-2015, 07:02 PM
Tire abuser

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreRacecar View Post
I'm thinking with the extra room you might not need even one.

Then for a 15/17 combo:

Use the 15x8 +25 Dial-In up front, with the 17x9 +45 Advanti S1 (with spacer) in the rear.
Took a long time, I know. Sorry about that. My Lotus has been on jack stands for a while getting a new clutch, bell housing, flywheel, etc. So, that took priority.

Anyway, I tried the Konig Dial In wheels on the front of the Lotus and they fit perfectly. There seems to be more clearance than with the 15" Team Dynamics that I normally run at the track. Yes, they are a standard 15 x 8" with a 25 offset for a Miata. Here is a terrible pic.

Edit: I was changing out my brake pads so I tried the same wheel on the back of the car. It fits and clears just fine. However, you need to make sure they place the wheel balancing weights to the middle or inside of the hoop. If they are on the outside, near the spokes, they hit the caliper. These wheels are pretty nice for $99 each.
Attached Images

'06 Arctic Silver Elise | Touring |Traction Control |Supercharged | ST exhaust | Nitron singles | BWR anti-sway bar | RTD brace | V2 Arms | SS brake lines | Harness bar and Schroth harnesses | sys.6.pack |shifter reinforced | Ultralite lines | cup air box | Sport inserts | DBW Pedals | TALLrails | Team Dynamics 1.2's | TOC Oil Pan | ProRad | FW Torque tune | BOE surge tank and catch can | Radium Clam Kit

Last edited by jefrac; 12-24-2015 at 09:07 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 53 (permalink) Old 01-04-2016, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefrac View Post
Took a long time, I know. Sorry about that. My Lotus has been on jack stands for a while getting a new clutch, bell housing, flywheel, etc. So, that took priority.

Anyway, I tried the Konig Dial In wheels on the front of the Lotus and they fit perfectly. There seems to be more clearance than with the 15" Team Dynamics that I normally run at the track. Yes, they are a standard 15 x 8" with a 25 offset for a Miata. Here is a terrible pic.

Edit: I was changing out my brake pads so I tried the same wheel on the back of the car. It fits and clears just fine. However, you need to make sure they place the wheel balancing weights to the middle or inside of the hoop. If they are on the outside, near the spokes, they hit the caliper. These wheels are pretty nice for $99 each.
Excellent. Thanks for testing that out. It'll be my backup plan for my fronts for sure. The only issue is the color options are slightly different for the dial-in vs the storm s1. So, if I run these in the front and the s1 in the rear, it might look odd.

I noticed a couple of days ago that Konig is releasing a new wheel call the Hypergram. It will come in 15x8.5 +25 and also 17x9 +45. With a spacer in the rear, it looks like it would be a perfect combo. Emailed good-win-racing, and they said they are going to carry them, but no eta yet.
post #43 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessal View Post
Is there a list of 15" wheels that will fit our 2 pot calipers?

Are you running 15's with the Big brake kit? It seems this topic was mostly about 15's and I'm wondering how many have the AP Racing brakes and if they are running with 15's?

post #44 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryno View Post
Are you running 15's with the Big brake kit? It seems this topic was mostly about 15's and I'm wondering how many have the AP Racing brakes and if they are running with 15's?

I will in the future but I want to run 15's. From my understanding, there are no 15" wheels that clears a BBK.
post #45 of 53 (permalink) Old 12-22-2016, 07:34 PM
Addict

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessal View Post
I will in the future but I want to run 15's. From my understanding, there are no 15" wheels that clears a BBK.
I think BOE posted about a bigger brake kit they have that might fit in 15s. Not sure if that kit would be something you would consider though.

https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f157...racing-390682/
post #46 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-22-2017, 11:07 AM

Has anyone tried these

Has anyone tried these Advanti Racing Storm S1's on an Elise in sizes 15x8 +25 Front and 15x9 +35 rear? If so what was the result?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Surfer View Post
Thanks Phil, I was thinking about going with these. 11lb F and 12lb rear

Can you fit a 275 on the rear with poking or hitting the fenders? If not I will be stuck with 225s on the rear.
post #47 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-02-2018, 12:02 PM

Bringing this one back from the dead. For the rear, 15x9s (at least for Advanti Storm S1s, but I imagine generally true for all the options) need to be spaced out to about a +20 effective offset to clear the lower control arm. You might be able to get away with a few millimeters less, but run the suspension through the entire travel range to confirm. +25 offset would rub even at full droop, and as the suspension compresses, the control arm gets even closer to the wheel. +22 offset clears at full droop, but might not through the entire travel range. The lower control arm is the main challenge to running 15s in the rear, so you can work backwards from the 15x9 needs +20 rule of thumb to figure out clearance for other widths.

2011 Lotus Elise SC Final Edition 15 of 15 - Ardent Red
post #48 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-04-2018, 07:47 AM

Not sure if it applies to you or not. But I have a S1 and I'm trying to fit 15x8 F and 15x9 rears. So far the fronts (225) were not a success. I get rubbing in the inside of the fenders near the edge. I tried trimming it but it doesn't help much. I also get rubbing on the sway bar on full wheel lock so that no good. I will have to revert to 205F I'm afraid.

For the rears, I had to make custom spacers to fit the 15x9. I bought Advanti S2 wheels (miata specs).

post #49 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-04-2018, 08:08 AM

post #50 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-04-2018, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noxx View Post
I don't think going down to 205s is much of a problem. In fact, I want to run 205 and 225 on 8 and 9 inch wide wheels respectively. Empirical testing has shown that the latest batch of 200 treadwear tires (and I see that you have a RS-4) doesn't get faster when running a tire width that is wider than the respective wheel width. That is, a 225 on an 8 inch wheel will not be faster than a 205 on the same 8 inch wheel. A 245 on a 9 inch wheel would also not be faster than a 225 on the 9 inch wheel.

post #51 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 02:49 PM

Reviving this, as I'm looking for track only setup, to see if anyone has confirmed fitment of 15x8/15x9 either Advanti Storm S1 or Koenig Dial In on an S2 Elise? Other threads (https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f25...-elise-414041/) recommended getting the rear to an overall +20 offset to clear the suspension, but I'm not sure if anyone had actually gotten a set on with tires mounted yet.
post #52 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 03:18 PM

15x9s don't work in the rear unless you space it out to +12 effective offset. I'm running a 15x8.5 Hypergram spaced out to +20 in the rear and it clears the lower A-arm, but just barely. 15x8 in front is wheel dependent; caliper and steering arm clearance are the main issues. I'm running a 15x8 spaced out to +20 to clear the calipers and have a little bit of space on the inboard side before touching the steering arms. I think you can get at least a 15x8 +25 in front without issue.

post #53 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 06:51 PM

Could you/anyone else running a setup like this please share any additional information on your setup?
-How many miles/time
-What suspension/camber
-What tires/sizes have you ran
-Amount of track time
-Any issues with wear, especially wheel bearings with the spacers
-Any change in behavior of the car in regards to changing the track/scrub radius, etc
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Suspension (including wheels, tires, brakes)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in