The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

15x7 +30 Front and Rear?

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Exiged 
#1 ·
Hi All -

I bent my front passenger wheel the other day @ the track, and I have an extra set of 15x7 +30 TE37's I was thinking about using.

Question, if I run staggered sizes, 225/45/15 rears & 205/50/15 fronts, think it'll be an issue?

I saw people are running the cantilevered slicks (I don't even know what that means), on Team Dynamic 1.2 15's - so thought it'd be worthwhile to ask.

Thanks!

John

#2 ·
Cantilever is a suspension design. It incorporates an inboard spring, for space constraint restrictions in most applications.

If the wheel you are replacing is the same width/offset/diameter, then there will be no issue, other than the difference in unsprung mass between the adjacent wheel.

#3 ·
Cantilever slicks are tires made to work on a wheel that normally would be too narrow for the tire width. Formula Ford used them for years because the rules called for 5 1/2 in wide wheels,front and rear, but by designing in stronger side walls that "cantilevered" the 9 in. wide tire out over the skinny rear wheels. The fronts were a more norman 6 to 7 in width.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.