205/50/16 / 235/45/17 A052 200TW Tires - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-15-2019, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.C View Post
In case you haven't heard yet, even Lotus is replacing their OEM AO48 with the new AO52 (and also the old AD07 with the V105):

Tyre Dimensions/Specifications

Yokohama V105:

The front tyre size and loading is increased to 195-50 R16 84W as compared to the original AD07 size of 175-55 R16 80W. The rear tyre size and loading remains the same (225-45 R17 91W). The sidewall/tread pattern for the V105 specification tyre is different as compared with the previous AD07 type. The new V105 specification displays ‘MO’ (Mercedes) for the rear tyres. There is no manufacturer’s code displayed on the front tyre sidewall.

Yokohama A052:

Both front and rear tyres sizes are the same as the A048 specification tyres they replace, but the loading values are increased from 84W to 88W for the front tyres and from 90W to 94W for the rear tyres. The sidewall/tread pattern for the A052 specification tyre is different as compared with the previous A048 type, which also included the ‘LTS’ branding displayed on the tyre sidewall. There is no manufacturer’s code displayed on either the front or rear tyre sidewalls.

I have no info on the front tire size of the AO52, but I'd assume they stick with the 195/50/16.
Interesting. Looking at their website they don't show any Lotus friendly front sizes. I wonder if they are coming out with more. In fact, they don't have many sizes at all compared to what they did have for the A048r.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-15-2019, 04:00 PM
German Reimport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottH83 View Post
Interesting. Looking at their website they don't show any Lotus friendly front sizes. I wonder if they are coming out with more. In fact, they don't have many sizes at all compared to what they did have for the A048r.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I guess it is not a concern for Lotus to ensure availability of the OEM tires in the US since the Elise is not offered here anymore.

On the other hand, not even the European Yokohama sites have the AO52 in 195/50/16 in their chart yet

If I die, my biggest fear is that my wife sells all my toys for the price I told her I bought them for...
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.C View Post
I guess it is not a concern for Lotus to ensure availability of the OEM tires in the US since the Elise is not offered here anymore.

On the other hand, not even the European Yokohama sites have the AO52 in 195/50/16 in their chart yet
They are listed for sale in OEM sizes here Polleysport. A052

Someone could contact Tire Rack to see if they will be getting any.
Ls1Rx7 likes this.

post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 09:16 AM

I received the following response from Yokohama UK a month ago.

"This is correct Lotus will be replacing the A048 with the A052 as the OE Elise Front tyre in 195/50R16. This new tyre size will be added to the existing range of A052's and will available in 2019. Initial launch will be at Autosport International 2019 - Birmingham where Yokohama will be exhibiting."

Autosport International was a few days ago.

Yokohama US and Tire Rack didn't have any info when I contacted them.
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 09:35 AM
German Reimport

Unfortunately tire manufacturers often do not offer the same sizes of their tires in the US as they do in other parts of the world.
A good example is the AD08R, which is offered in Europe in 205/45/16, which makes it a perfect fit for the Elise with 6.5" front wheels.
This size is not offered in the US.
We will have to wait and see if the AO52 will become an option for us.

If I die, my biggest fear is that my wife sells all my toys for the price I told her I bought them for...
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 05:34 PM Thread Starter

Could I shave the edge of the headlight housings?

If it hits the edge of the housing, could I shave the edge and patch the fiberglass.
Really trying to get 1 set of wheels that look great and perform great.
Willing to pull the wheel well liners and maybe put bedliner on the underside of the clams to protect them from stones.

Right now the perfect setup would be the XXr 527 wheels in 16x8.25 up front with the 225/45/16 A052s up front and 17x9.75s in the rear with 255/40/17
@VisualEchos ran this setup and its gorgeous.

Visualechos, what do you think, you ran these but the biggest problem was 17's up front. I would be bringing this car on track, and I know you had some rubbing just driving around town

Last edited by Ls1Rx7; 01-19-2019 at 05:46 PM.
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ls1Rx7 View Post
Could I shave the headlight housings?

If it hits the edge of the housing, could I shave the edge and patch the fiberglass.
Willing to pull the wheel well liners and maybe put bedliner on the underside of the clams to protect them from stones.

Right now the perfect setup would be the XXr 527 wheels in 16x8.25 up front with the 225/45/16 A052s up front and 17x9.75s in the rear with 255/40/17

Visualechos, what do you think, you ran these but the biggest problem was 17's up front. I would be bringing this car on track, and I know you had some rubbing just driving around town
A fairly effective solution for me was to see where it cuts through the wheel liner, cut that all out and rivet in a thin sheet of aluminum, it never cut through that after I did it and it saved my light housings until I removed them.
Ls1Rx7 likes this.

2007 Exige S with almost every track mod...
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-19-2019, 05:47 PM
The Enforcer

Quote:
Could I shave the edge of the headlight housings?

https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f91...ml#post5918754

San
Ls1Rx7 likes this.

#8 Metric Allen Key, Plastic Carpet Buttons
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 04:09 PM

Quote:
If you can figure out how to get more than 4° camber out of the rear, then sure, you can run the 9.75 +25 XXR. But you'd still be stuck with the 245, the 255 will rub, either the inside or the outside. No way around it with that wheel size and the camber you'd need.

2006 Exige
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 05:47 PM

245 does not rub with RE-71R I run them with 17x8 and not rubbing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Suspension (including wheels, tires, brakes)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in