Evora track fitment - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2018, 01:35 PM Thread Starter

Evora track fitment

I have been running Toyo R888 235/40R18 fronts and 275/40R18 rears for a bunch of years now but the R888R is not offered in the 40 series fitment. That combo gave the car its ideal rake and I did like it better than the 275/35R18. The 275/40's JUST make it and did rub slightly at max G loads. Also fronts did rub the liners a bit so maybe the smaller OD is a good thing???

Now that this fitment is is not possible to maintain that ideal rake I guess I need to go to the 255/35R18 front and 275/35R18 rear. Not sure if the fronts will fit. Any thoughts?? Either that or I say screw it and go with HoosierR7's in this fitment 245/35R18 front and 275/35R18 rears. I was told slicks aren't ideal withe stock suspension but ......Any other folks have a favorite tire/combo for me to consider. Will there be any negatives to the lower ride height , smaller OD besides final gearing??

16 Maserati GranTurismo Sport w/full MC Carbon Fiber interior trim
18 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Visconti Verde/Brown Leather Remus Catback,Eurocompulsion Phase 2 V1 intake, 390HP/443ft-lb Tq!
16 Range Rover Sport HSE, Montalcino Red w/Ivory Leather-[/COLOR]->stunning 456HP/412ft-lb Tq
12 Maxda MX-5 Miata GT PRHT True Red/Black leather (LUCY)
11 Lotus Evora "S" Persian Blue, Grey/Black Suedetex/Leather
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-20-2018, 08:16 AM Thread Starter

This is actually very pertinent info for the Evora folks

18 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Visconti Verde/Brown Leather Remus Catback,Eurocompulsion Phase 2 V1 intake, 390HP/443ft-lb Tq!
16 Range Rover Sport HSE, Montalcino Red w/Ivory Leather-[/COLOR]->stunning 456HP/412ft-lb Tq
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-20-2018, 09:33 AM

Sorry can't help on the 18" tyre fitment.
Slight thread drift, but could you confirm the details of your 18" wheels (make, width, offset) and suspension (OE Bilstein ?)

I'm interested in going 18/18" (from 19/20's) but hear they can rub on the suspension wishbones (?) Not fully sure why, as 18" front was offered by Lotus on the Evora & 18" rear is offered on the Exige V6 which has a very similar / same rear rolling subframe assembly.

Cheers

Arabian Elises R US

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-21-2018, 05:27 AM
Galactic Hitchhiker

Garage
I've run the R888R fronts and older R888 rears in 275/40+235/40 for the past set and a half. I don't really notice it upsetting the car much, and while I like the extra front grip for trail braking, I'm sick of the way the Toyos grip falls off the cliff towards the end and am ready to try something else.

There's a scorching fast S2000 guy in my group who runs the Hankook RS4's and loves them. I think I'm going to try those or NT01's, as they both come in those same sizes. I've got a bud who runs the different sized Bridgestone RE71r's on his Evora and likes them a lot, but I've never driven his car and I'm a little quicker driver than he is so it's tough to compare.

@cain-it it's only in the rear that the 18's rub on the wishbones with the stock Bilstein suspension. I think the GT4's and such get by with the 18's because they're sprung stiffer and set up for it.. can't speak for the Exige S. I don't notice the rubbing on track, but I have learned to have my tire guy put the inside row of wheel weights an inch or so away from the edge of the rim!

Parts Manager @ Sports Car World in Dallas
2014 Evora S 2+2, Racing Green Metallic
1986 Esprit Turbo HCi, Red
(sold) 2005 Elise, Saffron Yellow
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-21-2018, 05:35 AM

Do the 18" rears rub because they're 18s, or because they're 18x10s?

Also potentially interesting is it seems like there's a 17" front setup for Exige V6s, which seem according to various bits of info to use the same front brake setup as the Evora.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-23-2018, 10:59 AM Thread Starter

I am the guy that first noticed the rubbing on leading edge of lower A arms under extreme g loading. After my grinding adjustments no prob anymore. It was really just excess flange from the castings. You know, lighter is faster!

Never heard about any 17 fronts!

I am leaning towards running a set of Hoosiers just to try them.

Last edited by brgelise; 05-23-2018 at 11:50 AM.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-30-2018, 05:07 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekOfBass View Post
I've run the R888R fronts and older R888 rears in 275/40+235/40 for the past set and a half. I don't really notice it upsetting the car much, and while I like the extra front grip for trail braking, I'm sick of the way the Toyos grip falls off the cliff towards the end and am ready to try something else.

There's a scorching fast S2000 guy in my group who runs the Hankook RS4's and loves them. I think I'm going to try those or NT01's, as they both come in those same sizes. I've got a bud who runs the different sized Bridgestone RE71r's on his Evora and likes them a lot, but I've never driven his car and I'm a little quicker driver than he is so it's tough to compare.

@cain-it it's only in the rear that the 18's rub on the wishbones with the stock Bilstein suspension. I think the GT4's and such get by with the 18's because they're sprung stiffer and set up for it.. can't speak for the Exige S. I don't notice the rubbing on track, but I have learned to have my tire guy put the inside row of wheel weights an inch or so away from the edge of the rim!
Derek, you are running the ideal fitment that's why you like it. I was less impressed with the 275/35R18 rear with the 235/40R18 front as it reduced the rack and front just didn't feel as good.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-30-2018, 05:08 AM Thread Starter

Do any of you Evora folks run anything but street tires??????

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-30-2018, 07:08 AM
Galactic Hitchhiker

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by brgelise View Post
Derek, you are running the ideal fitment that's why you like it. I was less impressed with the 275/35R18 rear with the 235/40R18 front as it reduced the rack and front just didn't feel as good.
What rubber were you running with the 275/35 combo?

Parts Manager @ Sports Car World in Dallas
2014 Evora S 2+2, Racing Green Metallic
1986 Esprit Turbo HCi, Red
(sold) 2005 Elise, Saffron Yellow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Suspension (including wheels, tires, brakes)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in