Factory Track Pack Recommended Set up - Page 9 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #161 of 164 (permalink) Old 03-22-2014, 02:11 PM
He's on fire!

youll get more body roll no matter what with track pack

"Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #162 of 164 (permalink) Old 06-06-2014, 04:59 PM

Ok, if anyone still reads this thread, I have the weirdest situation. My shocks were all over the board, which I discovered when I realized the back of my car was off in ride heighth. My fronts are at 100mm, rears were at at like 135 and 140. So I put them both at 110. But the passenger side is still 3/4 inch higher than the driver's side when measured from the ground to the center of the wheel arch. How can that be?

Jer
2006 Elise
2014 RAM 3500 DIESEL 4 X 4
2013 Jeep wrangler
1996 Miata race car
post #163 of 164 (permalink) Old 06-06-2014, 05:07 PM
BANNED

Any one of a butch of things...the worst being that you have a bent/damaged chassis (read this as crash structure) to something as simple as the front clam was not installed properly. Not enough information. Either way, you'll probably have to take the front clam off to investigate.

post #164 of 164 (permalink) Old 06-06-2014, 05:29 PM
He's on fire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surferjer View Post
Ok, if anyone still reads this thread, I have the weirdest situation. My shocks were all over the board, which I discovered when I realized the back of my car was off in ride heighth. My fronts are at 100mm, rears were at at like 135 and 140. So I put them both at 110. But the passenger side is still 3/4 inch higher than the driver's side when measured from the ground to the center of the wheel arch. How can that be?

My understanding is that setting the ride height is just a starting point. The next thing you do is establish the corner weights of the car, and on the lotus that is done by adjusting the spring perches. Adjusting the perches in this way effectively raises and lowers the wheel, so what you end up with is a car that may be very evenly balanced as far as cross weights go, but in order to achieve that your ride heights are going to be different from corner to corner. I haven't yet performed this process myself yet, so I couldn't say if 3/4 of an inch is significant.

Also, measuring to the wheel arch seems like a bad way to measure ride height. Not all clams are perfect, and even if they are they may not lay on the car perfect, etc. It would be much more efficient to measure the height from a level floor to the frame, with the usual prerequisites (suspension settled, drivers weight in the drivers seat, car on an even plane, etc)

"Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Suspension (including wheels, tires, brakes)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in