Finally settled on a new wheel/tire combo... - Page 9 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 119Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #161 of 165 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ls1Rx7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEchos View Post
17 x 8.25 +25 with a 215 works perfect with -2.5, but that's a bit on the far end.

Better would be 17 x 8 +25 with a 205 and -1.9 IMO.

16 x 7.5 +25 with a wide 195 is probably the best of all worlds.

I don't bother with 15's and 225's, but you can calculate it from the OD of the 215 on the 17 I mentioned first.
The 15s would be for the track, so getting as much front tire is important in that scenario
If you want track wheels, the XXRs shouldnt be the ones. Get something lighter that bolts right up without all these modificiations (spacers, hub rings) plus these low offsets will likely rub
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #162 of 165 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemerb0y View Post
If you want track wheels, the XXRs shouldnt be the ones. Get something lighter that bolts right up without all these modificiations (spacers, hub rings) plus these low offsets will likely rub
Not to get too far off topic here but per my last post I was asking about general fitment for the front in relation to a different set of wheels, the Advanti storms which are 11lbs up front:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ls1Rx7 View Post
How about up front?
I'm looking at these wheels with 235s out back and the 215s up front per your suggestion, and I'm at stock ride height and have camber maxxed out all the way around with V2 arms so it should fit,

but I'm considering a second set of rims for racing (Likely the advanti Storms in 15/17 sizes with 225/45/15 up front and 255/40/17 out back) which supposedly fit, but I'm not sure they're the perfect offset.
Front is 15x8 +25 and Rear is 17X9 +45
I was asking @VisualEchos because he had mentioned what the pefect rear fitment is, and I figured it would help the thread if I ask what the perfect front fitment is as well, and he probably has more experience fitting different wheels than anyone else on the board.
post #163 of 165 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 06:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemerb0y View Post
Just saw this.

First, the XXR's aren't much heavier than the OEM Y-Type wheels that came on the Cup cars...so the weight isn't really an issue. Secondly, they do not require spacers, nor do hub-rings make any difference because most after-market wheels require them (they are all made larger to accommodate many different hubs). Lastly, if a person is willing to run the proper sizes, tires, and camber, there will be no rubbing.

Front: 17 x 8.25 +25 with 215/40/17 @ -2.5 camber
Rear: 17 x 8.25 +25 with 235/40/17 @ -2.7 camber

All cars are a little different, but many guys have run this set-up without rubbing.

Also, if there was any rub it'd be in the front, so a 205/40 could be used without issue and correct it easily.

The -2.5 & -2.7 camber settings aren't required, more like -2.2 front and rear, but the 2.5/2.7 is a very good street set-up.

2006 Exige

post #164 of 165 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEchos View Post
Just saw this.

First, the XXR's aren't much heavier than the OEM Y-Type wheels that came on the Cup cars...so the weight isn't really an issue. Secondly, they do not require spacers, nor do hub-rings make any difference because most after-market wheels require them (they are all made larger to accommodate many different hubs). Lastly, if a person is willing to run the proper sizes, tires, and camber, there will be no rubbing.

Front: 17 x 8.25 +25 with 215/40/17 @ -2.5 camber
Rear: 17 x 8.25 +25 with 235/40/17 @ -2.7 camber

All cars are a little different, but many guys have run this set-up without rubbing.

Also, if there was any rub it'd be in the front, so a 205/40 could be used without issue and correct it easily.

The -2.5 & -2.7 camber settings aren't required, more like -2.2 front and rear, but the 2.5/2.7 is a very good street set-up.
Hold on a goddamn second while I get you a microphone so that you may drop it.

Thinking of K-swapping? Here's an idea of the cost involved.

2006 LOTUS EXIGE (ASPEN WHITE) Honda K24A2 + MPx90 supercharger. 322whp/271lb-ft @13psi. Build thread here.
1994 AUTOZAM AZ-1 MAZDASPEED Japanese Super Kei!
2014 FIAT 500e Hydroelectric powered EV daily driver.
2007 SUZUKI SV650 Track bike.
post #165 of 165 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 01:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butters View Post
Hold on a goddamn second while I get you a microphone so that you may drop it.
Just a little clarification for those future readers.

2006 Exige
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Suspension (including wheels, tires, brakes)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in