Looking for brake line specs or brake line fabricator - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-17-2014, 11:10 PM Thread Starter

Looking for brake line specs or brake line fabricator

I'm changing front calipers and I'll need longer flex lines. I've searched but can't find the fitting type I'll need to spec to fit to the hard lines - anybody have that info? (Also the hose spec.)

I'm also looking for a source to buy the line and fittings. So far all I've found is Jegs. They have some fittings but the only hose ends are female AN. So I'd have to use the female hose ends plus a male/male adapter. I'd rather have just a hose end with the correct male thread. Any other sources of these parts?

Alternatively, does anyone know of a fabricator who could make up the lines at a reasonable cost?

In theory, there is no difference between Theory and Practice. In practice, there is. - Y. Berra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2014, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

Anyone? Bueller?

Surely someone has this info. I've googled my fingers to the bone; I don't think I can find this without some help...

In theory, there is no difference between Theory and Practice. In practice, there is. - Y. Berra
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-20-2014, 06:34 AM

I'm not sure how much longer you need, but the lines from BWR are slightly longer than average. Give them a call so see if it works for your application.

'05 CO Elise Mods: Yes
'01 NFR S2000 Mods: No

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-20-2014, 08:07 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, good idea. I'll look into that. Anyone else?

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-20-2014, 09:30 AM

Making your own brake lines

Any race or hydraulic shop would have -4 or -3 teflon hose and all kinds of fittings. You can make any brake line you like. Common fittings on European and American cars at 10mm. I convert all of mine to -3. -3 is a little harder to find in industrial shops (too small). All race shops have it.

Anton
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-20-2014, 04:37 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for chiming in. I think you are saying the hose ends are (likely) 10mm male. But there are two thread pitches and two bevel types, giving us four different 10mm ends. I'm trying to find the full spec so I can have the new hoses made and tested before I start taking the stock brakes off. Anyone?

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-20-2014, 05:36 PM

May also want to give Shinoo a call.
http://www.sector111.com/parts/perfo...rake_lines.cfm

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

05 Arctic Silver UK:
12 Wrangler JKU
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-20-2014, 07:49 PM
BANNED

The StopTech/Centric ones are great quality...
950.23500 have a banjo fitting on one end a flair fitting on the other...for the fronts.
950.23000 have a flair fitting on both ends...for the rears.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-20-2014, 09:51 PM Thread Starter

Hey guys, I really do appreciate you taking the time to offer advice.

But. I'm not looking for a source or recommendation for the lines. If so, I'd go with the BOE set. Instead, I need longer than stock lines. I'm up for making them up if I have to, but I need to know what fittings will work. Or a fabricator who can make a custom length.

Maybe someone has a set of take-offs they could measure for me? (Thread diameter and pitch; overall length)

(BTW, in case someone is referencing this thread at a later date, there is not a banjo fitting on the stock front lines.)

Last edited by luxige; 07-20-2014 at 10:11 PM.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-21-2014, 03:55 AM
BANNED

I'm pretty sure it is M10-1.00... I'll have to check though. There are not that many choices...
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-21-2014, 05:12 AM Thread Starter

Thanks!

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-22-2014, 07:26 PM

Garage
Not sure if you ever found what you needed here... notown can make your desired length for front or rear lines and they are D.O.T. rated. Shoot him a pm if you still need some.

Stuff sold by the gram is always more exciting than stuff sold by the pound. -JC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Suspension (including wheels, tires, brakes)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in