Question about wheel sizes and tire sizes... - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

Question about wheel sizes and tire sizes...

Ok I still haven't done all my research on wheel and tire sizes. Im looking at tires for both base elise sized wheels and ones that are the exige sizes since they fit on the elise as well. I know that wheels have the 3 dimensions. Wider is better I know.. and im fine with that because of the extra contact and grip. but the only things i dont like.... and i might take some slack from this... but i just dont like the wheel/tire combination that shows just sooooo much tire and gives the look of having something like 13" wheels. The stock look works fine for me. Soooooooo... considering that I have made the choice of R888's. What are the sizes for the 5.5x16 fronts (base elise) and the exige sized wheels ( i dont know the size of the top of my head but i know that many do)...?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-21-2009, 10:21 AM
Elise Driver

The base size is 175/55R16 and the Sport package has a 195/50R16. As far as I know Yok is the only company that makes a 175/55R16 (and I don't know why the would.) The 195/50R16 will fit on the 16X5.5 rim and work very well. The recommended rim width range for the 195/50R16 is 5.5 to 7.0.
Joe
TheTireShoppe
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 06:45 PM
GCK

Tires and sizes

Just bought some Volk Racing 15's & 16's rims. Any suggestions as to tires and sizes for track days. No street driving on these rims. I thinking Hoosier R6's?

Gordon.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 12:03 AM
Elise Driver

Most people use 205/50R15 on the front and 245/45R16 on the rear. The Hoosier 205 is about .7" shorter than the OE 195/50R16 but the next size is 225/50R15 and they're a little taller and a lot wider they might rub.
Joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Suspension (including wheels, tires, brakes)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in