Type of Wishbone/A-arm bushings????? - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 01:32 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by addliteness View Post
What are the thoughts on the Nitron ones? They seem very pricey.

Nitron Racing Shocks,Store,Bearing kits,Nitron Lotus Elise/ Exige Inner Wishbone Bearing Full Kit
GBP359 including 20% VAT seems pretty reasonable to me... and actually cheaper than BWRs set https://www.blackwatchracing.com/product-p/1270.htm

To Canada, no VAT but 50 pounds for shipping

Last edited by acslater; 09-10-2018 at 01:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 02:05 PM
He's on fire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkadam View Post
I'd like to revive this thread with a question for future me:

I have the later version of the gPan (gPan+ ?)...

Can you just remove the arm by taking off the bracket instead of having to hack at the bolt? I recall when removing my sheer panel that this bracket had four fasteners on it... and seemed like it could just be removed w/ the arm still attached...
I have a gpan 1 and i was able to swap bushings without much effort. I used a small screw jack to push the engine toward the drivers side enough to pull the bolt freely.

"Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 03:13 PM

To get that bolt out, just cut it off, then tap in the new one with a hammer.

2007 Exige S with almost every track mod...

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-10-2018, 06:18 PM
Me!
6.94915254 lbs/hp

Crazy idea and it might not work because I can't see what is on the other side, but can you put the bolt in via the other direction so the nut is by the gPan?

2007 Storm Titanium Exige S w/ sunvisor delete
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me! View Post
Crazy idea and it might not work because I can't see what is on the other side, but can you put the bolt in via the other direction so the nut is by the gPan?
Pretty sure the back side is a blind hole. You'd need to remove the gas tank to do anything meaningful - very likely you're already at an interference height. Also since I recently removed with the sheer panel I'd say that route is far less appealing over removing the oil pan.... OR the bracket itself which is held in by four fasteners.... ?

Also FYI they sell gaskets for the oil pan now - so less of a nightmare w/ gray RTV and waiting...
https://www.boefab.com/collections/e...-gasket-2zz-ge
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 12:16 PM
He's on fire!

I must not be making any sense. I have a gpan, it was in the way of the bolt in question. I did not remove the pan, i did not remove an engine mount, i did not have to cut anything. With a small screw jack, in 10 minutes was able to remove the bolt easily. Im not sure why you'd approach this problem any other way.

"Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 04:01 PM
Me!
6.94915254 lbs/hp

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkadam View Post
Pretty sure the back side is a blind hole. You'd need to remove the gas tank to do anything meaningful - very likely you're already at an interference height. Also since I recently removed with the sheer panel I'd say that route is far less appealing over removing the oil pan.... OR the bracket itself which is held in by four fasteners.... ?

Also FYI they sell gaskets for the oil pan now - so less of a nightmare w/ gray RTV and waiting...
https://www.boefab.com/collections/e...-gasket-2zz-ge
Figured there was a reason it couldn't be done that way, otherwise other people probably would have done it by now!

2007 Storm Titanium Exige S w/ sunvisor delete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Suspension (including wheels, tires, brakes)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in