what has been your experience w/ the toe link after tracking your elise/exige >10x - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
View Poll Results: what has been your experience with the toe-link after tracking you elise/exige > 10x?
i have not tracked my elise/exige more than 10 times 3 17.65%
i never checked the toe-link parts and never had a toe-link failure 1 5.88%
i found the relevant fasteners always tight 7 41.18%
i found one of the relevant fasteners loose 4 23.53%
my elise/exige had a toe link failure without resulting in a collision (please describe in a post) 0 0%
my elise/exige had a toe link failure resulting in a collision 0 0%
other (please specify in a post) 2 11.76%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-22-2007, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

what has been your experience w/ the toe link after tracking your elise/exige >10x

what has been your experience with the toe link after tracking your elise/exige more than 10 times?

please don't participate in the poll unless you have tracked your elise/exige more than 10 times.

note that the option "my elise/exige had a toe link failure resulting in a collision" was also meant to have "(please describe in a post)", but i don't know how to edit the poll.

if more than one option applies, select the one nearest the bottom (but not "other").

lastly, note that there is a companion poll to this one:
"what do you suggest for preventing the toe-link failure for tracked cars?"

thank you on behalf of all those concerned about this.

Last edited by masheen; 03-22-2007 at 06:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-22-2007, 08:18 PM

I saw another driver have a major failure of a toe link on the track and it prompted me purchase the second-generation kit and install it myself (Lotus part number - LOTAC05377, $835 for the part). This was before the sector 111 kits were available. I put about 1000 road miles and 300 track miles on the kit and the drivers side rear wheel had enough play in it that the hemi joint from the kit needed to be replaced! My Dealer was kind enough to replace and install the part under warranty. I have no reason to expect it to last any longer this time.

In my opinion the Lotus kit is totally insufficient don't waste your money on it. 300 track miles on A048's on a part designed for the track and it fails, that's really weak. Lotus needs to come up with a real solution to this and make it available either for free or at cost.

Your mileage may vary, but I've heard similar stories from more than a few other drivers.

2005 Elise, CO, LSS, Hard Top
2015 Fiesta ST, Race Red
1986 BMW E30 325E - 24 Hours of LeMons race turd

The B-Team, 24 Hours of LeMons Race Team

Last edited by pixlpush; 03-22-2007 at 09:09 PM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-22-2007, 08:46 PM

Ditto what pixlpush said. Lotus brace is worthless; get the one from Sector111.com.

Pete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Suspension (including wheels, tires, brakes)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in