Corbeau LE PRO seat install - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-21-2015, 08:32 AM Thread Starter

Corbeau LE PRO seat install

Hi Folks! I posted Friday in the Elise section on how I received a set of these from my wife as a bday gift. I couldn't wait to get them in so started my install Saturday. It was pretty straight forward with the hardest part being removing the rear screw closest to door on the passenger seat.

I started putting the new driver seat in, everything was fine until the final attachment...the seat belt anchor. I found that the seat belt anchor bolt was too short to thread into the seat. It reaches it but it wont bite. Before I take the darn seat out again, could it be something is off, maybe I have it slightly askew and need to tighten that side first? Have others had this issue and needed new bolts?

I have not been able to locate the proper bolt as they all seem to be the same, 7/16 20 and 1 1/2" long with a thick collar. I know you can't just use any old hardware store bolt due to safety (tensile strength, grade 5+, etc.). Any advice would be helpful! I would rather not have to take it out but will of course if I have to. Even though it was easy to take out one of the seat rail bolt holes was a pain to get in and I had to use a leverage bar to line up the holes when remounting to the frame.

Let me know your thoughts, thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-21-2015, 10:10 AM

Make sure it's a 7/16 UNF

Daily driven since 2006
Force Fed 380
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-21-2015, 11:05 AM Thread Starter

Exactly! I did a little research on the bolt after I had the issue and knew I couldn't use just any old bolt and it needed to meet specifications. I'm just finding it hard to find one with a longer length. Really curious if it is just me or others ran into this and what they did. Thanks for chiming in with advice.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-21-2015, 03:47 PM Thread Starter

Got it....ended up taking the seat out and I was able to adjust it. It was slightly askew as I had thought originally. After loosening the bolts on the bottom of the seat I was able to adjust the seat and move it over and .....WHALLA! Both seats are in but I had to order the Exige shoulder belt covers. The stock Elise ones are to fat and wont fit so I took it off on the passenger side. The Exige ones are much thinner and work for wide top aftermarket seats (after a little homework on the interwebs). Got a set off ebay for $8.

As a note, I did not need to use the replacement cross-member bracket that Sector 111 sent that they say you need on the driver side. Corbeau must have "fixed" the hole spacing as everything bolts up just fine to the stock cross member. This goes the same for the instructions from Sector 111 about needing to widen a hole on the passenger side. Everything fit just fine as is.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-05-2017, 10:31 AM

Garage
sorry to bring up an old thread, but are you referring to the syspack?

I want to purchase le-pro seats, but am worried about fitment.

I still am not 100% sure if its a simple drop in with no additional hardware.

I was looking to order from eliseparts is that where you sourced yours?

Lotus Elise '05 Graphite Grey; Miles: 41,xxx
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-06-2017, 08:18 AM Thread Starter

@ZeRoSL No I was strictly talking about the LE PRO seats themselves. They are a direct drop in replacement with no additional hardware needed to install. Everything bolts back up using the stock rails. I got mine from Sector 111 - who is now out of business and not taking orders. You can order directly from Corbeau. Another member here did that a few months back and was also able to customize and get them in leather vs the standard micro suede. Great seats!

https://www.corbeau-seats.com/produc...au/le-pro.html

2005 Elise- Katana II Supercharged and other fun bits
2011 Evora - Daily Driver
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 03:51 AM

Garage
I didnt know they shipped to the US, it didnt show as an option in the country, but thanks for the definitive IT WILL FIT!

Lotus Elise '05 Graphite Grey; Miles: 41,xxx
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeRoSL View Post
I didnt know they shipped to the US, it didnt show as an option in the country, but thanks for the definitive IT WILL FIT!
I think you need to call and deal with Corbeau USA branch directly ( Contact Us - Corbeau Racing Seats ) and have them imported for you. Pretty much what Sector 111 was doing.

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 07:28 PM
2005 Graphite Grey Elise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobius97 View Post
Got it....ended up taking the seat out and I was able to adjust it. It was slightly askew as I had thought originally. After loosening the bolts on the bottom of the seat I was able to adjust the seat and move it over and .....WHALLA! Both seats are in but I had to order the Exige shoulder belt covers. The stock Elise ones are to fat and wont fit so I took it off on the passenger side. The Exige ones are much thinner and work for wide top aftermarket seats (after a little homework on the interwebs). Got a set off ebay for $8.

As a note, I did not need to use the replacement cross-member bracket that Sector 111 sent that they say you need on the driver side. Corbeau must have "fixed" the hole spacing as everything bolts up just fine to the stock cross member. This goes the same for the instructions from Sector 111 about needing to widen a hole on the passenger side. Everything fit just fine as is.
Going to resurrect this thread instead of creating a new one.

What adjusting did you do to get these to fit?

I just bought a set and am having a difficult time getting these in. I end up with quite a sizeable gap between the frame and seat on one side if i push the other side close enough to bolt the seat belt bolt in. I didnt want to end up bending the frame or seat that much to make it fit. see picture.

Also, how close did the passenger seat end up to the seat belt for you? when i test fit mine in it completely rubs against the seat belt preventing the thing from rotating and leaving it at an odd angle.

Thanks for any help! Seats look amazing otherwise though!
Attached Images

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 09:29 AM Thread Starter

@BruinBears Congrats on the new seats, those look awesome wrapped in leather. So you got stuck on that part too. It may not seem like it but your seat is most likely slightly askew. Did you do what I posted, loosen the 4 bolts that hold the seat to the floor wells? Don't remove them, just loosen them enough to where you can make slight adjustments to the seat itself. You don't want to strip the holes and this will help with that. Without tightening the seats down, get it into position and tighten the large seatbelt bracket bolt to the side first. Once you have that done you can then proceed to tighten the seat to the floor. I struggled with that for maybe an hour.

As far as the D ring....that's the way it rolls w/ these seats being wider at the top. Just make sure to at least get the exige low profile cover. You don't want your passenger cracking their head on that metal bolt and ring if god forbid your were to get in an accident.

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-19-2019, 05:29 PM
2005 Graphite Grey Elise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobius97 View Post
@BruinBears Congrats on the new seats, those look awesome wrapped in leather. So you got stuck on that part too. It may not seem like it but your seat is most likely slightly askew. Did you do what I posted, loosen the 4 bolts that hold the seat to the floor wells? Don't remove them, just loosen them enough to where you can make slight adjustments to the seat itself. You don't want to strip the holes and this will help with that. Without tightening the seats down, get it into position and tighten the large seatbelt bracket bolt to the side first. Once you have that done you can then proceed to tighten the seat to the floor. I struggled with that for maybe an hour.

As far as the D ring....that's the way it rolls w/ these seats being wider at the top. Just make sure to at least get the exige low profile cover. You don't want your passenger cracking their head on that metal bolt and ring if god forbid your were to get in an accident.
I see, so basically you just fit them with the seat rail in place in the car?

Did you have to use and spacers or did you just torque the mount in place? the seat is definitely not as wide as the mounts.

And how many rotations were you able to get for the seat belt receptacle bolt? no matter what i do i cant seem to get more than a turn and a half into the embedded nut. Maybe my seats just have the nuts recessed further back than yours?

Last edited by BruinBears; 09-20-2019 at 12:03 AM.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-20-2019, 10:29 AM Thread Starter

Interesting. Yes I had the seat bolted down in the car when I attached the anchor....just had to loosen the floor bolts a bit so I had some adjustment room. With the additional wiggle room, I was able to get the anchor bolt in, then torque down the rails. I used the stock setup off the stock seat, no new rails or spacers. Took the old seats out, removed the rails off the seats and the old mountings bolted right up to the bottom of the new seats. I can't 100% recall but thought there were "extra" holes on the bottom of my seat. Might want to check.

I just went out to the garage and looked and everything is sandwiched together and no space. The entire bolt is threaded in.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Interior/Exterior

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in