Exige Scura floormats are here! - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 5Likes
  • 3 Post By exigegus
  • 1 Post By exigegus
  • 1 Post By exigegus

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 05:24 AM Thread Starter

Exige Scura floormats are here!

I saw these in a post on the Scura, and thought they were the coolest thing ever, but sadly did not see them in the parts manual. As usual, my reading skills were faulty. They are not listed for the Scura, but they are for the 2010 Elise Club Racer.

floormats:
A120U4055F
A120U4056F

underpads:
A120V4029F
A120V4030F

something like 320 bucks all in, I don't have the receipt in front of me
I think you could skip the dealer price on the underpads, they appear to be pretty generic thin foam.

I'll get pics when I get them installed
Attached Images

rb26dett, Twaszak! and Crazy05 like this.

Last edited by exigegus; 06-01-2019 at 06:45 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 10:43 AM

I saw them too, very weird, but very cool. Definitely give us install pix!

2006 Exige
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

Need to lift the console, though not remove. Also remove the 'scrivet' from the harness cover/divider. PAnel is rigid so it cannot get past the scrivet or the bolt for the steering rack, you need to kind of slide it in from the back.

Needs some fettling

probably designed for non carpet cars, so sanded a bit off the outer edge

holes for holddowns are not quite perfect, so half round file to remove some material from the outboard edge of the outboard hole.

Whenever you punch holes in a panel, it bends upward. The machine restrains it, but it still happens, had to carefully reverse bend the panel downward front to rear as it would stay up about a half inch in the front

I am choosing not to remove the backing from the foam, it is designed to adhere to the plain floor with no sound deadening and no velcro. If it causes me trouble I will stick it down.

I have some black nylon panel edging kicking around if they rattle I will glue that to the edge, probably requiring a little more material removal from the edge

haven't put the drivers side in yet, I am going to put a square of paint protection film on the un perforated square, since I noticed in the pics from our forum mate that the anodize wears off under the heels. See how long the film lasts. I don't think you will notice the wear as much on the perf sections

I think these are cool as all get out, and they won't rumple the way the carpet does

If they get shabby you can just sand them back to an even texture
Attached Images

Twaszak! likes this.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

don't let me forget to weigh these......
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 03:06 PM

They look pretty cool IMO.

2006 Exige
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 08:21 AM

Garage
Those looks very cool...
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 08:30 AM

Nice looking.

Did you happen to measure the thickness of the aluminum? Might be a good project for a cnc router.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exigegus View Post
Need to lift the console, though not remove. Also remove the 'scrivet' from the harness cover/divider. PAnel is rigid so it cannot get past the scrivet or the bolt for the steering rack, you need to kind of slide it in from the back.

Needs some fettling

probably designed for non carpet cars, so sanded a bit off the outer edge

holes for holddowns are not quite perfect, so half round file to remove some material from the outboard edge of the outboard hole.

Whenever you punch holes in a panel, it bends upward. The machine restrains it, but it still happens, had to carefully reverse bend the panel downward front to rear as it would stay up about a half inch in the front

I am choosing not to remove the backing from the foam, it is designed to adhere to the plain floor with no sound deadening and no velcro. If it causes me trouble I will stick it down.

I have some black nylon panel edging kicking around if they rattle I will glue that to the edge, probably requiring a little more material removal from the edge

haven't put the drivers side in yet, I am going to put a square of paint protection film on the un perforated square, since I noticed in the pics from our forum mate that the anodize wears off under the heels. See how long the film lasts. I don't think you will notice the wear as much on the perf sections

I think these are cool as all get out, and they won't rumple the way the carpet does

If they get shabby you can just sand them back to an even texture
I like it. Where did you order from?
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

My local dealer. Aston Martin Lotus NE
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus 07 View Post
Nice looking.

Did you happen to measure the thickness of the aluminum? Might be a good project for a cnc router.
about .078, 2mm

I have a pretty fast CNC, and buying it was the better option.....
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 10:20 AM Thread Starter

So the driver side is a little more complicated

They don't bend, so you can't get the panel past the pedals.

You have to pull the aluminum separator up, removing all four scrivets and pulling it up

Console also has to get pulled up, but not removed. remove the one screw at the bottom of the 'cup holder' and loosen the two that hold the trim piece at the rear of the console so it is free to slide up a bit.

Now you can slide the mat in under the pedals without hitting the inside of the chassis.

It appears they are designed for carpet free cars, so I took a random orbit sander to the outside edge up to the end of where the carpet is[about 12 slots past the beginning of the heel patch] and removed .06-0.08" off of the edge of the panel. The hold down holes appear to be in a better position than on the passenger side.

YOu can see how high I had to get the console to get the drivers side in, don't have to take the shift knob off

second pic shows a little piece of black nylon panel edging I put in to make sure it doesn't rattle. You can also see that I put a square of paint protection film on the heel pad area to keep it from wearing too quickly,. Dunno if it will work
Attached Images

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

Fini
Attached Images

Brandonm84 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Interior/Exterior

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in