Glove Box Solution - Page 3 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 125 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 09:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki007 View Post
Got mine in record time! Of course, I live in the same state, so that is cheating some.

The only complaint I would have is that it took me 50% longer than quoted, 7.5 minutes versus the 5 stated because I am an idiot I couldn't figure out to pull down then out on the AC surround. Otherwise, painless. Strips were cut AND labeled correctly for the install and the whole thing has not rattled or shifted since I installed it. I really like the clean look it adds to the interior and it matches my black interior perfectly. Even the packaging was quality.

Overall, if the whole Elise would have been made by Lotushii, it wouldn't rattle and work right the first time.

Thanks for your comments, loki007. I am glad that you like the glovebox.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 125 (permalink) Old 01-27-2011, 11:00 PM

Is it possible to purchase these? Or are they only available through the group buy? Please let me know, would love to have one.
post #43 of 125 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 10:16 AM

I would also like to buy one, how do I order one?

Mods: BOE Clamhinge, BOE QS Exhaust, Powder Coated Black Rims, Difflow 7 Element Diffuser, Sector111 re-ENFORCER, APR Canards, CharlieX +8hp ECU reflash, Polk db401+db651, Kenwood KSC-SW10 Subwoofer
Installing Soon: 2010 Exige Wing, CF Side Scoops

post #44 of 125 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 10:52 AM

PM Lotushii He makes/sources them.

If brute force doesn't work, you're not using enough.
post #45 of 125 (permalink) Old 03-16-2011, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by briphi View Post
I would also like to buy one, how do I order one?
Are you still interested in one?

2007 Ardent Red Lotus Exige S
2013 Tesla Model S
post #46 of 125 (permalink) Old 10-28-2013, 01:19 AM

@LotuShii - Are you still selling the glove box? If so, how do I buy one from you?
post #47 of 125 (permalink) Old 11-07-2013, 09:29 AM

Did you make the glove box yourself? If so, where did you buy it from? What is the website? If you made it yourself, would you be willing to make another one and sell it to me? I really want a glove box for the Lotus Elise.
post #48 of 125 (permalink) Old 11-27-2013, 07:50 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbruce1234 View Post
Did you make the glove box yourself? If so, where did you buy it from? What is the website? If you made it yourself, would you be willing to make another one and sell it to me? I really want a glove box for the Lotus Elise.

Sorry for the late response. Pm sent to you...
post #49 of 125 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 09:32 AM

PayPal sent Thanks

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
post #50 of 125 (permalink) Old 01-06-2014, 02:05 PM

Just wanted to chime in with my 2 cents.
I was looking for the best solution to turn the stock "shelf" below my dashboard into a real glovebox. After searching the whole web I found Lotushiis custom cover and was convinced.
Meanwhile I received it and already installed it - it looks awesome and works fantastically, thanks Lotushii!
The whole construction is of superb quality, the hinges and closing mechanism work flawless and it is super easy to install.
I covered mine with leather to match my custom interior, but as this cover comes precoated black, it would not be necessary to cover it on a stock Elise or Exige interior.
The set included even a separate small part to cover the remaining small area of the stock "shelf" on the opposite side of the steering column.
Will post pictures soon.
post #51 of 125 (permalink) Old 01-06-2014, 08:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born_Fast View Post
Just wanted to chime in with my 2 cents.
I was looking for the best solution to turn the stock "shelf" below my dashboard into a real glovebox. After searching the whole web I found Lotushiis custom cover and was convinced.
Meanwhile I received it and already installed it - it looks awesome and works fantastically, thanks Lotushii!
The whole construction is of superb quality, the hinges and closing mechanism work flawless and it is super easy to install.
I covered mine with leather to match my custom interior, but as this cover comes precoated black, it would not be necessary to cover it on a stock Elise or Exige interior.
The set included even a separate small part to cover the remaining small area of the stock "shelf" on the opposite side of the steering column.
Will post pictures soon.

Born_fast, Happy new year! I am glad you like the glovebox. Looking forward to see the pictures!
post #52 of 125 (permalink) Old 02-03-2014, 04:55 AM

I just bought one off of MConte here on the forum. Nice bit of kit and well made!

Question for LotusShii or those who have it? What are the installation instructions? It has the velcro on the reverse and I'm sure I can figure it out (car is in storage so just need to go play with it), but anything specific or lessons learned?

Only downside is my car is an '08 and has that 'softtouch' interior that is really more deep charcoal than black. Trying to find something that will match. Crazy as it sounds, Plastidip looks closest.

Plastidip is the new duct tape!
post #53 of 125 (permalink) Old 02-04-2014, 06:59 AM

I would love to buy one of these for my Elise! PM sent.
post #54 of 125 (permalink) Old 02-04-2014, 07:17 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwingLo View Post
I just bought one off of MConte here on the forum. Nice bit of kit and well made!

Question for LotusShii or those who have it? What are the installation instructions? It has the velcro on the reverse and I'm sure I can figure it out (car is in storage so just need to go play with it), but anything specific or lessons learned?

Only downside is my car is an '08 and has that 'softtouch' interior that is really more deep charcoal than black. Trying to find something that will match. Crazy as it sounds, Plastidip looks closest.

Plastidip is the new duct tape!

Glad you like it. PM sent.
post #55 of 125 (permalink) Old 02-14-2014, 08:18 AM

Finally got around to installing this. It looks really great, need somewhere to put my crap out of sight. I added the OEM Elise Crome lettering. I have a type72d so I gold plated it to match the car. It really does look OEM, nice MODName:  ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1392398263.503619.jpg
Views: 913
Size:  741.5 KB

post #56 of 125 (permalink) Old 02-14-2014, 08:52 AM

Nicely done!

Two things:

- Can you tell me how you mounted it? I bought mine used from another forum member hence no mount instructions. Car is in storage so can't go look at it, but assuming you just velcro it to the aluminum tray opening? Does it slide into the opening at all?

- Where did you get that Elise logo? I might do the same.
post #57 of 125 (permalink) Old 02-14-2014, 10:12 AM

It's mounted with Velcro with sticky on one side. Top and bottom. I purchased the Crome Emblem from
MylotusGarage.com
http://www.mylotusgarage.com/index.p...num=A120U0150F

post #58 of 125 (permalink) Old 02-14-2014, 11:31 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamsden View Post
Finally got around to installing this. It looks really great, need somewhere to put my crap out of sight. I added the OEM Elise Crome lettering. I have a type72d so I gold plated it to match the car. It really does look OEM, nice MODAttachment 349753

Kamsden, nice job! It looks great! I like the chrome lettering too!
post #59 of 125 (permalink) Old 02-14-2014, 11:49 AM
Tire abuser

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamsden View Post
Finally got around to installing this. It looks really great, need somewhere to put my crap out of sight. I added the OEM Elise Crome lettering. I have a type72d so I gold plated it to match the car. It really does look OEM, nice MODAttachment 349753

Curiosity got me here.... Has your brake pedal been replaced by a black box, or are my eyes deceiving me?

'06 Arctic Silver Elise | Touring |Traction Control |Supercharged | ST exhaust | Nitron singles | BWR anti-sway bar | RTD brace | V2 Arms | SS brake lines | Harness bar and Schroth harnesses | sys.6.pack |shifter reinforced | Ultralite lines | cup air box | Sport inserts | DBW Pedals | TALLrails | Team Dynamics 1.2's | TOC Oil Pan | ProRad | FW Torque tune | BOE surge tank and catch can | Radium Clam Kit
post #60 of 125 (permalink) Old 02-14-2014, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefrac View Post
Curiosity got me here.... Has your brake pedal been replaced by a black box, or are my eyes deceiving me?
That is my TPMS system! Works great! Even has an alarm

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Interior/Exterior

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in