GRP Plug & Play Halo Tail Light Set Review and Install (weight savings too!) - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 10:29 AM Thread Starter

Arrow GRP Plug & Play Halo Tail Light Set Review and Install (weight savings too!)

Hey all! I just published a new video out regarding my review and install of the new GRP Plug and Play Replacement LED Halo Tail lights! Give it a quick look and don't be afraid to spoil yourself for the new year ��.
Who can guess the weight savings? ��

Drop a comment before watching the video and see how close you were as we measure the tail lights in the video!
Click the link below for more info on the GRP Plug & Play Replacement LED Halo Tail Light Set!
Enter promo code : "Keleent" at checkout to save 5% on ANY product, including these tail lights‼️

Don't forget to follow me on Instagram:
www.instagram.com/keleent

Elise\Exige\Esprit:
https://www.gregsraceparts.com/new-p...ight-set-k5l3x

Evora:
https://www.gregsraceparts.com/exter...tail-light-set

2005 SY Lotus Elise Supercharged
(Build date: Sept. 13, 2004 #484)
16th of 115 US 05 same color\trim\options.
Signed by Elisa Artioli
Handmade in England- Perfected by me.
Sponsored by: Difflow Diffusers- GRP (Discount Code: "Keleent" for a discount at checkout )
Follow me on IG:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 03:36 PM

So much nicer with those installed.

Discount code is making me pull the trigger on the hethel cup R splitter. Lights will have to be my next mod!

Last edited by SufjansWasp; 01-25-2018 at 04:10 PM.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 03:44 PM

They look nice but have to say the older modified ones look brighter and more of an eye alert for stopping etc...the new ones appear too dark in a low rider way....brighter is better for an emergency I think.....why have such dark lenses?

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 04:06 PM

Very tempted!!
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-26-2018, 05:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiver View Post
They look nice but have to say the older modified ones look brighter and more of an eye alert for stopping etc...the new ones appear too dark in a low rider way....brighter is better for an emergency I think.....why have such dark lenses?
Well, the stop light rings are brighter. I liked the darker lenses as a personal preference, non tinted ones are available as well I just felt it would look nicer on my car. I'm not too worried about the stop light output, especially considering the third brake light is also there too.

Signed by Elisa Artioli
Sponsored by: Difflow Diffusers- GRP (Discount Code: "Keleent" for a discount at checkout )
Follow me on IG:
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-26-2018, 05:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by upgrader View Post
Very tempted!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SufjansWasp View Post
So much nicer with those installed.

Discount code is making me pull the trigger on the hethel cup R splitter. Lights will have to be my next mod!
You could totally use it for that! it would look sick!

Signed by Elisa Artioli
Follow me on IG:
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-26-2018, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klint View Post
Well, the stop light rings are brighter. I liked the darker lenses as a personal preference, non tinted ones are available as well I just felt it would look nicer on my car. I'm not too worried about the stop light output, especially considering the third brake light is also there too.
Oh, nice.....very competitive price too considering your competition.....
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 01:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Oh, nice.....very competitive price too considering your competition.....
I don't own the company, so it's not my competition GRP earned my business through years of great products that never let me down. I stand by my word, and I would never promote a company I myself don't fully believe in.

Comparing build quality that people have told me, shown me and that I've seen , not only are the GRP lights better made they are priced fairly without the "Lotus tax". I work hard for my money, I choose to spend it on a product I know is made well

Signed by Elisa Artioli
Follow me on IG:

Last edited by Klint; 01-27-2018 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Mispelled word
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 05:01 PM

My main concern with the other set is the build quality. I believe it's just all 3d printed with some spray-on UV protection. Seals were questionable. And the fact that it was as expensive as it was and didn't come with the 5 dollar adapters to make it plug and play really turned me off. I believe they're made plug and play now.

But regardless, after having a full payment deposit since way back in April and being constantly pushed aside for other shipments. I cancelled my order and went with the grp set. I got Greg's part in a week... there was a slight hiccup with the order that Greg quickly rectified. He's a good dude, and I'm happy to do business with him.
darkSol and oranjeboven like this.

2007 Chrome Orange Lotus Elise

Last edited by gstomp06; 01-27-2018 at 07:45 PM. Reason: typos
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 06:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstomp06 View Post
My main concern with the other set is the build quality. I believe it's just all 3d printed with some spray-on UV protection. Seals were questionable. And the fact that it was as expensive as it was and didn't come the 5 dollar adapters to make it plug and play really turned me off. I believe they're made plug and play now.

But regardless, after having a full payment deposit since way back in April and constantly pushed aside for other shipments. I cancelled my order and went with the grp set. I got Greg's part in a week... there was a slight hiccup wth the order that Greg quickly rectified. He's a good dude, and I'm happy to do business with him.
Oh dang! yeah.. i'm totally confident you made the best choice Did you take a picture of your new set yet? It must look great in that chrome orange !!

Signed by Elisa Artioli
Follow me on IG:
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 06:07 PM

Quote:
I don't own the company, so it's not my competition GRP earned my business through years of great products that never let me down. I stand by my word, and I would never promote a company I myself don't fully believe in.

Comparing build quality that people have told me, shown me and that I've seen , not only are the GRP lights better made they are priced fairly without the "Lotus tax". I work hard for my money, I choose to spend it on a product I know is made well
Ah, seemed written from a commercial point of view...altho nicely done. They do look good and are hundreds less than others I've seen and when advertised they were not plug/play....couldn't imagine spending 800 bucks for something I had to personally modify to work.
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Oh dang! yeah.. i'm totally confident you made the best choice Did you take a picture of your new set yet? It must look great in that chrome orange !!
not yet, I went with a similar setup as you I think. Blood red tail lights, amber turn signals, and smoked inserts. Not sure if you had the amber signals though.

I've just been so busy, and working on the car during the winter is tough here. Even with a garage...I don't feel as motivated to do stuff on the car.

2007 Chrome Orange Lotus Elise
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 10:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Ah, seemed written from a commercial point of view...altho nicely done. They do look good and are hundreds less than others I've seen and when advertised they were not plug/play....couldn't imagine spending 800 bucks for something I had to personally modify to work.
I totally agree. To be fair, I am sponsored (and very honored) as you could see in my signature but I would never work with someone who's quality of work and business ethics weren't on the same page as me. Which is why I chose to no longer work with a very disappointing sponsor in the past. ( Guess who ) However, I wasn't paid to make a video or promote things or anything of that sort- that is all my choice because I truly love the product and believe in GRP and GRP believed in my vision for my car which I show at a lot of charity events for kids, different carshows, major carshows and magazine features- all while humble enough not to boast about it himself. It's amazing that such a company (GRP) would help support me in doing something that I love which in turn makes other people happy and makes a difference in someones life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstomp06 View Post
not yet, I went with a similar setup as you I think. Blood red tail lights, amber turn signals, and smoked inserts. Not sure if you had the amber signals though.

I've just been so busy, and working on the car during the winter is tough here. Even with a garage...I don't feel as motivated to do stuff on the car.
Nope didn't get the amber signals but I did see them on a Euro lotus and it looks cool! Hopefully you get to take a picture of it soon

Signed by Elisa Artioli
Follow me on IG:
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-06-2018, 10:15 AM

Just got mines put on. Looks great and brings the car from legacy 2007 to modern 2017! Makes the rear end looks totally different. Also, one of my inner stock lights 2 leds were burnt out so I didn't want to go the DIY route of soldering new LEDs or finding a replacement so thought this was a good time to upgrade to the HALOS.

Pros: Looks great from close and afar. Plug and play easy install. Reversible to stock.
Negatives: None (maybe slight lost in visibility in braking during the day with the sun behind you, if that?)

To note: The kit comes a with a flasher relay to resolve the issue with the fast flashing of the turn signals with this halo kit. The kit included a 5 prongs flasher relay but my car came with only the 3 prongs flasher relay so Greg will have to send me the correct one for my car. Found out that Lotus sometimes installed 5 prong flashers and sometimes 3 prong flasher relays from the factory. Might want to pull it out and check before ordering with GRP to make sure they send out the correct one (in case yours is only 3 prongs).

Also, will recommend to get some foam/rubber tape to create a 'gasket' for the back of the light before mounting to to the clam since some of the small edges of the clam had gaps ever so slightly because of the hand made fiberglass clam.

Overall very happy with the purchase and great customer service by Greg! Fast to respond to email!

Last edited by jhentr; 03-06-2018 at 12:22 PM.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-06-2018, 04:19 PM

Can you guys who installed the different variations post some pictures?
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-07-2018, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizzydee View Post
Can you guys who installed the different variations post some pictures?
Blood red - all lenses. LED center reverse on inner two lights. Smoked inserts on all four. No reflector.

post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-07-2018, 10:59 AM

Garage
Thoughts? A little project I am working on for my Silver 05'
Attached Images

shay2nak likes this.

2005 Chrome Orange Elise, BWR supercharger, TR Motorsport F1 rims and R888s, Nitron NTR40 Single Adjustables with Eibach springs,Sector 111 308BBL brakes, BWR Silent Touch exhaust, CF side scoops, front splitter, and engine cover.
Central Florida
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-07-2018, 06:26 PM

Garage
One more picture because the one above does not look correct due to a flash used. These lights are mirrors actually. You only see the depth effect when the lights are on. See this picture done without a flash. I actually got my hand in the picture by mistake!
Attached Images

2005 Chrome Orange Elise, BWR supercharger, TR Motorsport F1 rims and R888s, Nitron NTR40 Single Adjustables with Eibach springs,Sector 111 308BBL brakes, BWR Silent Touch exhaust, CF side scoops, front splitter, and engine cover.
Central Florida
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-08-2018, 06:04 AM

Bought lots of stuff from Greg....He's a gold level supplier!

Stay Tuned.....
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-08-2018, 07:46 AM
Wingless Wonder

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfernoLotus View Post
These lights are mirrors actually.
Any chance they would blind the guy behind you who has too-bright headlamps?

Atwell Haines
'88 Esprit
Succasunna, NJ USA

"Not all angels have wings." - Turbo R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Interior/Exterior

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in