Has anyone put a real "race" seat in an elise? - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-15-2018, 11:53 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for some more feedback. The only thing about those seats is that they are ugly which I guess is what it is.

Some research makes me think that the OMP HRC-R will fit in the car. or is at least within .25" so I could maybe move the shifter over or cut off a tiny bit to get it to fit. Then I run into the question of how I will get the seat mounted when there is no room between the seat and the side rail. I am thinking I attach the seat to the rail, then use through bolts welded to the mount to a nut under the car.

Seat Sizes:
24.4" at the shoulders, 5" wider then the exige seat, looks like it will fit.
18.5" Bolster width. The seat area is 18.5" where my current seat ends roughly. OMP does not give a reclining value, or how far back the seat goes from the back of your butt, if that makes sense, so I don't know 100% where the seat will need to go yet for driving comfort. It's possible it needs to go further forward and will be very tight for width and require modifications.
35.4" height, I forgot to check this, I will tonight.

I sat in a OMP HTE-r Carbon, which is 5mm wider in the hip area, and it was tight but doable with jeans on. I will hopefully lose some weight before race season so the smaller seat is tolerable. The HTE fit great in the shoulders, and they look like they are roughly the same size in that area with the HRC maybe being bigger.

I can buy it from the local race shop and they give free returns even though they know I am not 100% it will fit.

2007 Exige S with almost every track mod...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-21-2018, 06:22 PM

Any updates on the OMP seat?
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-22-2018, 05:20 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Ventura 2 View Post
Any updates on the OMP seat?
My current update is that I got a new harness bar that fits better (lower mounting point for the shoulder straps) and got a necksgen and that helped a ton so I am still in the stock seat for now. As soon as I go a few weekends without breaking something and save up some money I will try a seat as well.

2007 Exige S with almost every track mod...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Interior/Exterior

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in