The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Here we go again: another mirror mod!

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  ksm 
#1 ·
Here's my latest mirror mod iteration - motorcycle mirror directly from Japan - about $180 shipped for the pair. To me, they looked better than the previous ones: original, craftsquare, and recent Japanese motorcycle mirrors. I know it's not everyone's taste - just want to share some alternatives. Poor cell pics:

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
And...again, I know some of you will not be too crazy about it. It's ok to disagree. I like these functional convex mirrors, reminded me of the Ferarri style - better shape with the Elise than the previous blue ones.

Attachments

#4 ·

Attachments

#7 ·
I like the shape of the black ones a lot. I just wish there was a base that was made to bolt directly onto the door and then the mirror. With the motorcycle base not fitting the lines of the original mirror mount, it just looks like a lot of pieces. If we had a custom base it would really complete the look.

Overall, I agree they look nice.

#8 ·
That was my frustration. Although I really do like the newer black mirrors and mechanical arm, flow well with the Elise lines, there's no simpler base connection or mount to the door itself right now. I am using the original Craft Square mirror base (couldn't get them off). Maybe one day, I'll have a custom fabricated base to blend with this Napoleon motorcycle mirror design. I know it looks quite busy with multiple joints at this point - it's ok for now. Give me a few months to create an improved custom mounting solution. Thanks for all the honest comments guys.

#9 ·
Funny, the Elise has been sometimes called by some ("some say") similar to a 4-wheeled motorcycle and those mirrors, which look good in the photos, by the way, have brought it ever closer. In the engine bay, at least stock in my '05, are a couple little fuse boxes which I believe were used on a BMW motorcycle. Anyhow, nice mod. Though, as someone posted, a better-fitting base would make it even nicer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.