I am car paint ignorant, so I have a few questions:
1) The paint code is a Lotus code, right?
2) So, if I go to my local auto paint place and say, "could you pretty please mix me up a spray bottle of Lotus paint code B95 (Bordeaux Red Pearl)", would they know how to mix a Lotus paint code?
3) How do they look that up?
4) Would they use the same paint manufacturer as Lotus does?
5) How can I be sure that they get not just the color right, but the metal flake, translucense characteristics, etc., right as well?
6) Which paint manufacturer does Lotus use?
7) Would the auto paint place realize I am auto paint ignorant but want this paint badly and say "sure, that will be $200, with $100 in advance, non-refundable, don't know when it will be ready, but we might call you when it we are done" (Okay, it is late at night and I couldn't help myself.)
8) What else should I know or be asking?
I am considering ordering some spray cans of the paints I am interested in and painting up some large samples to help me decide what color car I should order. I want to make sure the samples are very accurate.