Removing the black plastic trim do the following.
1) Move driver side seat to forward most position.
2) Remove passenger seat by removing 4 bolts securing to floor (6mm hex), it's easiest with a hex socket with an extention for the two back and front one nearest the center console and L-shaped key for the front one near the door. Also undo the bold holding the seatbelt to the passenger seat (17 mm IIRC) - I would recommend replacing the bolt and sleave onto the seat to keep track of it. CAUTION: When you put the seat back in, hand thread the bolts to the floor, several people have stripped the soft aluminum by cross threading and this is a PITA if you do it. Also remember to install the seatbelt onto the seat before puting the seat back, otherwise you may have to remove the seat again to install it.
3) Carefully pry back the cover for the passenger side seat belt (The black triangle piece behind the passengers shoulder) and then unbolt (17 mm IIRC).
4) Unscrew the 4 screws along right under the window. CAUTION: these are actually plastic retainer screw/clip thingies...The plastic is soft, and you can easily core out the + part of it. Make sure you have a good perfectly fitting screw driver and that you apply adeqate foreward pressure. If you strip one (like me) you can order them from lotus garage, just don't reinstall the stripped one.
5) Remove the cupholder tray thingy...There is a screw in the base, when you unscrew that, pull the top piece off, and you will see 2 more screws to remove the bottom piece. You will then need to unplug the spade connectors from the Cig Lighter.
6)Starting on the passenger side, gently pull the trim piece loose, you have to kinda un-tuck it from the edges to get it off, it's pretty easy. Now pull it back far enough to disconnect the speaker spade connectors, the pull right off. Now firmly rock back and forth the interior light connector pulling back, and it should come off...I removed my interior light, which was a mistake because I broke one of the plastic tabs holding it in place...Again can be purchased from lotus garage if you break it....
7) now just pull the peice out...Installation will be about the reverse...
The Damplifier is installed directly onto the firewall (little black squares in pictures above) and the LLP is glued right on top of it (grey black mat stuff in pics above). Once you put the trim piece back on you won't see anything...I also covered the back side of the trim piece with overkill foam (See picture).
Just go slow, measure carefully...Use butcher paper to make cutouts to figure size and shapes (cut about 1 cm big), then test fit the LLP, trim to adjust size and then glue in place.
2009 Saffron Yellow Elise Purist Edition - Unpurified (oem cupholder, leather tunnel cover, and black door panels), Difflow 5 element railer JR, Janspeed Stage II Exhaust, ongoing sound proofing project, kahtec blinking 3rd brake light.
Last edited by psoup; 01-10-2011 at 02:39 AM.