Seat Rebuild with Kemmler Air2Gel Foam - Page 6 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 116 (permalink) Old 01-29-2011, 04:49 AM

Mine was all blue, I think they just changed the color.

Tape CAN come up much easier, especially in heat as I do not think it is rated very high for heat, so an afternoon in the sun may move it around a bit. And besides, the rest of the car is glued, wouldn't want to seats left out

If brute force doesn't work, you're not using enough.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 116 (permalink) Old 03-24-2011, 04:06 PM

Ok, I apologize for sounding like 'that idiot' here but what are my options as far as what to order. I don't know if anyone has actually done it but I know I read on one of the pages before about tripling up on the 1/8 thick foam to get 3/8 thickness. I want it very comfortable, so when people said they would not use the HD, is that only on the top layer or both layers? I'm sorry I'm getting so confused. Maybe its because I should be working.
post #103 of 116 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 06:09 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyDaniels View Post
I don't know if anyone has actually done it but I know I read on one of the pages before about tripling up on the 1/8 thick foam to get 3/8 thickness.
That works great. I re-padded an old creeper to sit on while polishing lower parts of cars, changing brakes, cleaning wheels... I used one layer of the HD I had left, and 5 layers of 1/8" glued together, and it's very comfortable.

post #104 of 116 (permalink) Old 03-25-2011, 05:08 PM

Brian,

If I am to go the route of tripling up on the 1/8 in, how much do I need of each type of foam from Kemmler?
post #105 of 116 (permalink) Old 04-28-2011, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Brian,

If I am to go the route of tripling up on the 1/8 in, how much do I need of each type of foam from Kemmler?
Anyone? Thanks.
post #106 of 116 (permalink) Old 05-16-2011, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Anyone? Thanks.
Still nothing?
post #107 of 116 (permalink) Old 08-29-2015, 10:08 AM

Okay, I'm late to the party but ...

Installed the air gel foam today. Per original instruction s on page one of this thread.

Thanks to the OP and Dave.

I haven't sat in the seat yet but I'm sure its great.

2005 Storm Titanium Elise
BOE Power
www.jcrtd.com
post #108 of 116 (permalink) Old 08-30-2015, 10:50 AM

I actually did this mod as well. Feels a lot better.

I topped all of the kemmler foam off with some soft 3/4 foam from micheals and it really made a huge difference, since the kemmler foam isn't particularly plush.

I actually prefer my seats now to the probax exige seats.

Really makes the ride of the car feel better as well.
post #109 of 116 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 02:25 PM

I realize this is a very old thread, but for those of you that had done this mod according to the instructions in post 1, can you explain the dimensions to me?

These don't make any sense. The piece labeled 9x11 is shorter than the piece labeled 8.5x11 next to it?? The gray foam pieces all start at the top edge of the brown foam along one line, so it's not like it's being placed under some other foam.

It looks to be more like 7.5x11 or something like that.

Any thoughts?

2005 Elise - Storm Titanium
post #110 of 116 (permalink) Old 05-21-2018, 03:49 PM

I'm looking to do this seat mod. Has anyone done it with 06 and up seats?
post #111 of 116 (permalink) Old 05-21-2018, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xianzai View Post
I'm looking to do this seat mod. Has anyone done it with 06 and up seats?
Yep, even made a how to on it. https://howtune.com/articles/456-upg...-a-lotus-exige

2006 Lotus Exige: Avery Matte Graphite wrap, partial built motor (9:1 Mahle pistons, Ferrea Competition valves, ACT Clutch, ARP head studs), REV400, Nitron SAs, BOE QS exhaust, Ultradisc rotors, Moroso Oil pan, Circuitworks oil pump, CF Stuff (Cup Roof, ReVerie diffusor, side scoops, APR air dam, craftsquare mirrors), Worksbell quick release, Odyssey PC625, Morimoto Xenon HID, BOE Rear Oil Cooler, Difflow Aeroplates, BOE Swirl Pot, DaviesCraig EWP, Reversed Heater Matrix
post #112 of 116 (permalink) Old 05-21-2018, 07:01 PM

That is amazing thank you. In 6 number 4 what did you use to clean the adhesive? Alcohol? How long did it take and how are the seats now?
post #113 of 116 (permalink) Old 05-22-2018, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xianzai View Post
That is amazing thank you. In 6 number 4 what did you use to clean the adhesive? Alcohol? How long did it take and how are the seats now?
I used Goo-Gone, it comes right off with a little elbow grease.

2006 Lotus Exige: Avery Matte Graphite wrap, partial built motor (9:1 Mahle pistons, Ferrea Competition valves, ACT Clutch, ARP head studs), REV400, Nitron SAs, BOE QS exhaust, Ultradisc rotors, Moroso Oil pan, Circuitworks oil pump, CF Stuff (Cup Roof, ReVerie diffusor, side scoops, APR air dam, craftsquare mirrors), Worksbell quick release, Odyssey PC625, Morimoto Xenon HID, BOE Rear Oil Cooler, Difflow Aeroplates, BOE Swirl Pot, DaviesCraig EWP, Reversed Heater Matrix
post #114 of 116 (permalink) Old 09-19-2018, 12:31 PM

Bumping this thread again since I still can't find the pictures mentioned on the first page.

I'm going to be doing this tonight/tomorrow with my 05 Elise seats (non Probax) and had found a few other non Lotus Talk places that have some instructions.

If anyone else has done this and documented it, shoot me a message on Facebook at Justin Loranger (Wilmington, MA, USA). I'm also in the Lotus Owners and Enthusiasts group on Facebook and post there often.

Thank you
post #115 of 116 (permalink) Old 09-19-2018, 12:35 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4LMNTZ View Post
Bumping this thread again since I still can't find the pictures mentioned on the first page.

I'm going to be doing this tonight/tomorrow with my 05 Elise seats (non Probax) and had found a few other non Lotus Talk places that have some instructions.

If anyone else has done this and documented it, shoot me a message on Facebook at Justin Loranger (Wilmington, MA, USA). I'm also in the Lotus Owners and Enthusiasts group on Facebook and post there often.

Thank you

Please post pics of your install! I plan on doing this as one of my winter car projects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #116 of 116 (permalink) Old 09-19-2018, 01:08 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4LMNTZ View Post

Thank you

Please post pics of your install! I plan on doing this as one of my winter car projects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
conbrash likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Interior/Exterior

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in