Seat Rebuild with Kemmler Air2Gel Foam - Page 7 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 123 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 07:34 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by not-a-number View Post
My foam is so gone that I just hosed it out and it was pretty much all gone.

Question. Should I glue the first layer of foam to the leather or let it move? Im planning to use Airtex 1/2 for the first layer. Then a combination of 3/8 and 1/8th ShockTec

When I did the passenger side on mine, I glued the leather to the cloth side of the foam, it did stiffen things up a lot. I'm happy with how it came out although I might do things slightly different on the driver's side.
Attached Images

2005 Ardent Red Elise, Gut Sport wing & splitter, custom diffuser, Sector111: DSBrace, gPan3, subStuffy2, Larini Sport muffler, decat pipe, Schroth Racing 5 pts, wheel studs, Team Dynamics 1.2 with Hoosier A6s, Koldflash 200 ECU flash, BOE rear clam hinge, BC Racing single adjustables, Hawk pads, SS Brake Lines, HID lights, custom tail and high mount brake light...and much more...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 123 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetblast View Post
When I did the passenger side on mine, I glued the leather to the cloth side of the foam, it did stiffen things up a lot. I'm happy with how it came out although I might do things slightly different on the driver's side.

What did you do for layers? Anything fancy or just simple layers?
post #123 of 123 (permalink) Old 07-16-2019, 08:05 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by not-a-number View Post
What did you do for layers? Anything fancy or just simple layers?
I ended up with some 1/8" extra foam to work with because they initially sold me a piece 10" shorter than it was supposed to be; so they sent me an extra roll.

I have a layer of 3/8" as a base with the 1/8" on top of that, I had enough extra 1/8" to put an additional layer on part of the seat and back area.

I left a gap in the 1/8" foam for the seam in the leather at the bend in the seat, I'll leave a bigger gap when I do the drivers side to allow the seam to lay flatter.

I used some conventional seat foam to fill out some areas and make it look like the stock seat. Just sitting on it feels so much better than the driver's side that I haven't touched yet.

2005 Ardent Red Elise, Gut Sport wing & splitter, custom diffuser, Sector111: DSBrace, gPan3, subStuffy2, Larini Sport muffler, decat pipe, Schroth Racing 5 pts, wheel studs, Team Dynamics 1.2 with Hoosier A6s, Koldflash 200 ECU flash, BOE rear clam hinge, BC Racing single adjustables, Hawk pads, SS Brake Lines, HID lights, custom tail and high mount brake light...and much more...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Interior/Exterior

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in