Window Tint in Palm Springs / San Diego Area - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

Window Tint in Palm Springs / San Diego Area

Anyone have any recommendations. I got a quote from MasterSheild in the La Quinta area near palm springs and they want 850 for Parts and Labor to tint with 3m on a Lotus Elise.. That seems a bit high... Any pointers would help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 11:28 AM

Garage
That's outrageous. I was quoted $150 for 3M Crystalline on both side windows from a reputable shop here in Huntington. Anything over $250 including rear window seems insane.

2007 Exige S Phantom Black
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 11:40 AM

https://christhetintmaster.com/

He did mine Front/sides/rear 3m crystalline 50% for $400. But I think he gave me a good deal. I'm sure he would do it for around that price. Last time I checked he also does mobile. He came to my house in Apple Valley, CA to do the work. Hit him up, really nice and professional!
Attached Images

Currently:
2005 Lotus Elise
2015 Audi A3 Wife's car
2012 Toyota Prius C Daily Commuter
Sold:
2006 Pontiac Solstice
2003 350z Touring
2006 Eclipse GT

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmaser View Post
That's outrageous. I was quoted $150 for 3M Crystalline on both side windows from a reputable shop here in Huntington. Anything over $250 including rear window seems insane.
Im not joking, I asked if they excluded the back window they said $650 for the window and 2 sides.. Well looks like I may be swinging by Huntington then.. I went to high school out there for a few years.. What shop do you recommend sir?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy05 View Post

He did mine Front/sides/rear 3m crystalline 50% for $400. But I think he gave me a good deal. I'm sure he would do it for around that price. Last time I checked he also does mobile. He came to my house in Apple Valley, CA to do the work. Hit him up, really nice and professional!
Hes only 90 minutes away, this is adorable! I'll reach out to him to compare. Thanks for this recommendation. If anyone has anything else Im open for suggestions. Thank you!!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-29-2019, 03:02 PM

Garage
Totally agree, outrageous! These are tiny windows compared to ANY other car and there is nothing tricky about it at all. Shop around or go to Crystalline because the guy you went to originally was basing the price on the car, not the job. He thinks it is an expensive car and that you are a sucker! He could not be further from the truth. I hate when people base the price on what they think they can extract from you!

3M is not a great product either. Do you homework and get a great window tint that will not turn purple...

2005 Chrome Orange Elise, BWR supercharger, TR Motorsport F1 rims and R888s, Nitron NTR40 Single Adjustables with Eibach springs,Sector 111 308BBL brakes, BWR Silent Touch exhaust, CF side scoops, front splitter, and engine cover.
Central Florida

Last edited by InfernoLotus; 04-29-2019 at 03:03 PM. Reason: added content
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy05 View Post

Chris's price still seems high to you guys?

Hi Cris!
Apr 29, 1:39 PM
Message by CRIS THE TINT MASTER WINDOW TINT: Yes this is jr hi can I help you?, Monday, April 29 2019, 2:21 PM
Yes this is jr hi can I help you?
CRIS THE TINT MASTER WINDOW TINT • Apr 29, 2:21 PM
N
Message by You: I list in the Palm Springs Area and have a Lotus Elise and got recommendations that you may be able to apply 3M window tint for me?, Monday, April 29 2019, 2:26 PM
I list in the Palm Springs Area and have a Lotus Elise and got recommendations that you may be able to apply 3M window tint for me?
Apr 29, 2:26 PM
Message by CRIS THE TINT MASTER WINDOW TINT: Do you own another lotus?, Monday, April 29 2019, 3:10 PM
Do you own another lotus?
CRIS THE TINT MASTER WINDOW TINT • Apr 29, 3:10 PM
N
Message by You: No sir just my Elise., Monday, April 29 2019, 3:10 PM
No sir just my Elise.
Apr 29, 3:10 PM
Message by CRIS THE TINT MASTER WINDOW TINT: Ok chief witch line of 3m are you interested?, Tuesday, April 30 2019, 11:25 AM
Ok chief witch line of 3m are you interested?
CRIS THE TINT MASTER WINDOW TINT • Tue 11:25 AM
Message by You: What are my options sir? I specifically would like 3M..., Tuesday, April 30 2019, 11:28 AM
What are my options sir? I specifically would like 3M...
Tue 11:28 AM
Message by You: Are you referring to 3M Automotive Window Film Crystalline Series? Because that's specifically what I am going for , Tuesday, April 30 2019, 4:24 PM
Are you referring to 3M Automotive Window Film Crystalline Series? Because that's specifically what I am going for
Tue 4:24 PM
N
Message by You: What options do you have sir? Thanks!!, Wednesday, May 1 2019, 10:57 AM
What options do you have sir? Thanks!!
Wed 10:57 AM
Message by CRIS THE TINT MASTER WINDOW TINT: By any chance you got referred by another guy the own a Orange lotus?, Wednesday, May 1 2019, 11:00 AM
By any chance you got referred by another guy the own a Orange lotus?
CRIS THE TINT MASTER WINDOW TINT • Wed 11:00 AM
N
Message by You: Yea I think his and I are the same exact look and color, Wednesday, May 1 2019, 11:01 AM
Yea I think his and I are the same exact look and color
Wed 11:01 AM
Message by CRIS THE TINT MASTER WINDOW TINT: Ok i give him a good deal with 3n crystalline 40% including windshield I charge him $500, Wednesday, May 1 2019, 11:03 AM
Ok i give him a good deal with 3n crystalline 40% including windshield I charge him $500
CRIS THE TINT MASTER WINDOW TINT • Wed 11:03 AM
N
Message by You: Great! If I have the option to take that deal as well, I'll accept. Is 40% legal, i know the chances of getting inforced are slim but wanted to confirm, Wednesday, May 1 2019, 1:19 PM
Great! If I have the option to take that deal as well, I'll accept. Is 40% legal, i know the chances of getting inforced are slim but wanted to confirm
Wed 1:19 PM
Message by CRIS THE TINT MASTER WINDOW TINT: This shade is not legal but it's more how your drive now I have a shop in Calimesa so you have to bring it to the shop, Wednesday, May 1 2019, 2:25 PM
This shade is not legal but it's more how your drive now I have a shop in Calimesa so you have to bring it to the shop
CRIS THE TINT MASTER WINDOW TINT • Wed 2:25 PM
N
Message by You: I’ll see if I’m in the area I was looking for more of a mobile solution. Much appreciated, Wednesday, May 1 2019, 2:34 PM
I’ll see if I’m in the area I was looking for more of a mobile solution. Much appreciated
Wed 2:34 PM
Message by CRIS THE TINT MASTER WINDOW TINT: I can do mobile for a additional $75.00. No problem just let me know., Wednesday, May 1 2019, 2:59 PM
I can do mobile for a additional $75.00. No problem just let me know.
CRIS THE TINT MASTER WINDOW TINT • Wed 2:59 PM
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas Danger Hall View Post
Chris's price still seems high to you guys?

Hi Cris!
Apr 29, 1:39 PM
Message by CRIS THE TINT MASTER WINDOW TINT: Yes this is jr hi can I help you?, Monday, April 29 2019, 2:21 PM
Yes this is jr hi can I help you?
CRIS THE TINT MASTER WINDOW TINT • Apr 29, 2:21 PM
N
Message by You: I list in the Palm Springs Area and have a Lotus Elise and got recommendations that you may be able to apply 3M window tint for me?, Monday, April 29 2019, 2:26 PM
I list in the Palm Springs Area and have a Lotus Elise and got recommendations that you may be able to apply 3M window tint for me?
Apr 29, 2:26 PM
Message by CRIS THE TINT MASTER WINDOW TINT: Do you own another lotus?, Monday, April 29 2019, 3:10 PM
Do you own another lotus?
CRIS THE TINT MASTER WINDOW TINT • Apr 29, 3:10 PM
N
Message by You: No sir just my Elise., Monday, April 29 2019, 3:10 PM
No sir just my Elise.
Apr 29, 3:10 PM
Message by CRIS THE TINT MASTER WINDOW TINT: Ok chief witch line of 3m are you interested?, Tuesday, April 30 2019, 11:25 AM
Ok chief witch line of 3m are you interested?
CRIS THE TINT MASTER WINDOW TINT • Tue 11:25 AM
Message by You: What are my options sir? I specifically would like 3M..., Tuesday, April 30 2019, 11:28 AM
What are my options sir? I specifically would like 3M...
Tue 11:28 AM
Message by You: Are you referring to 3M Automotive Window Film Crystalline Series? Because that's specifically what I am going for , Tuesday, April 30 2019, 4:24 PM
Are you referring to 3M Automotive Window Film Crystalline Series? Because that's specifically what I am going for
Tue 4:24 PM
N
Message by You: What options do you have sir? Thanks!!, Wednesday, May 1 2019, 10:57 AM
What options do you have sir? Thanks!!
Wed 10:57 AM
Message by CRIS THE TINT MASTER WINDOW TINT: By any chance you got referred by another guy the own a Orange lotus?, Wednesday, May 1 2019, 11:00 AM
By any chance you got referred by another guy the own a Orange lotus?
CRIS THE TINT MASTER WINDOW TINT • Wed 11:00 AM
N
Message by You: Yea I think his and I are the same exact look and color, Wednesday, May 1 2019, 11:01 AM
Yea I think his and I are the same exact look and color
Wed 11:01 AM
Message by CRIS THE TINT MASTER WINDOW TINT: Ok i give him a good deal with 3n crystalline 40% including windshield I charge him $500, Wednesday, May 1 2019, 11:03 AM
Ok i give him a good deal with 3n crystalline 40% including windshield I charge him $500
CRIS THE TINT MASTER WINDOW TINT • Wed 11:03 AM
N
Message by You: Great! If I have the option to take that deal as well, I'll accept. Is 40% legal, i know the chances of getting inforced are slim but wanted to confirm, Wednesday, May 1 2019, 1:19 PM
Great! If I have the option to take that deal as well, I'll accept. Is 40% legal, i know the chances of getting inforced are slim but wanted to confirm
Wed 1:19 PM
Message by CRIS THE TINT MASTER WINDOW TINT: This shade is not legal but it's more how your drive now I have a shop in Calimesa so you have to bring it to the shop, Wednesday, May 1 2019, 2:25 PM
This shade is not legal but it's more how your drive now I have a shop in Calimesa so you have to bring it to the shop
CRIS THE TINT MASTER WINDOW TINT • Wed 2:25 PM
N
Message by You: I’ll see if I’m in the area I was looking for more of a mobile solution. Much appreciated, Wednesday, May 1 2019, 2:34 PM
I’ll see if I’m in the area I was looking for more of a mobile solution. Much appreciated
Wed 2:34 PM
Message by CRIS THE TINT MASTER WINDOW TINT: I can do mobile for a additional $75.00. No problem just let me know., Wednesday, May 1 2019, 2:59 PM
I can do mobile for a additional $75.00. No problem just let me know.
CRIS THE TINT MASTER WINDOW TINT • Wed 2:59 PM
I would say $575 is a good deal and go for it. The great thing is, Chris already knows the Lotus Elise and what is required to get the tint on the front windshield. I would say your lucky he is not charging more because getting the tint on the Elige windshield is a PITA! Plus, he does a great job! Finally, having him come to you will be much more convenient.

Currently:
2005 Lotus Elise
2015 Audi A3 Wife's car
2012 Toyota Prius C Daily Commuter
Sold:
2006 Pontiac Solstice
2003 350z Touring
2006 Eclipse GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Interior/Exterior

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in