Anybody else here have problems with British Racing Group LLC?? - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-24-2014, 01:11 PM Thread Starter

Anybody else here have problems with British Racing Group LLC??

Just checking with others to see if anyone else has had issues with British Racing Group here? I ordered parts on November 18th and inquired to see when I could expect my parts and was told that they were being shipped to their location by the beginning of the following week and would be shipped out to my location afterwards. I hadn't received my parts by the 8th of December and I needed that item before putting my car in storage so I had my order cancelled. I was told a credit would be issued within the next 24 to 48 hours (this was on December 8th) I waited 4 days and still hadn't received my credit so I emailed back to see how come I hadn't received my credit yet. I did get a response to my email from Sabrina and she replied and said she would forward my concerns to their Admin department and said the company did their books on Fridays' and assured me that the credit would appear shortly. Sent another email on the 17th of December which was never answered so I decided to call, left a message for someone to call back and never got a call. I decided to email Robert Konick the president on the 17th of December to see what was going on. I received an out of office reply saying he was off for the week and would be back the following week. I got tired of the runaround so I filed a dispute with Paypal and was notified by Paypal that a refund was being processed today. Later on in the day I received another email from Paypal saying that the e-check that was issued by British Racing Group was denied by their bank. I would really like to know what is going on. If you or someone you know has had problems with this company in the past I would really like to hear from you.

I'm sure this is a great company to deal with, I just wish my experience with them would have been a better one.

All I ask for is to be credited for my cancelled order.

In case anyone asks, the cancelled order was for an item valued at over $500. So it's not like its pocket change.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-24-2014, 01:14 PM
The Enforcer

These guys are out even more money.

https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f3/a...garage-276937/

San

#8 Metric Allen Key, Plastic Carpet Buttons
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-28-2014, 12:30 PM

I posted this on the other page too. From what I understand, they sell you items then call around to dealerships and buy the item for discount, then sell it to you. I had a situation with some touch up pain taking 2 months because they said it was being shipped from England; however, when it came it had a business card from a dealership in California. I have also talked with a couple of dealerships and they told me the same thing, and apparently their prices are out of date so it takes them a while to find the price at a lower point.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-03-2015, 08:48 AM

It took me a long time(few months) to receive floor mats and a tool kit. Once I got a hold of Robert he took care of me. Using the email address posted on their website and talking with Sabrina got me nowhere.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 12:09 PM

Please if anyone is having issues, please email me at [email protected]up.com.

I've posted elsewhere that for a time at the end of last year, I had become very ill and was not in the office. The rest of the staff did the best they could to cover but some things fell through the cracks. For every 1 of you that had trouble, 10 didn't. Still not great but I take full responsibility for those issues.

Since I've been back (mid January), things have gotten back on track and orders are now shipping without the issues we had. There are some suppliers with whom we had backorder and supply issues. That includes Lotus on some items. Much of the backorders are now resolved and we have moved on from some companies whom we just couldn't get reliable service from.

Again, if there is an outstanding issue, please email me directly.

Thank you,

Robert Konick
President
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-05-2015, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarpenter675 View Post
I posted this on the other page too. From what I understand, they sell you items then call around to dealerships and buy the item for discount, then sell it to you. I had a situation with some touch up pain taking 2 months because they said it was being shipped from England; however, when it came it had a business card from a dealership in California. I have also talked with a couple of dealerships and they told me the same thing, and apparently their prices are out of date so it takes them a while to find the price at a lower point.
Thank you for the post but this is incorrect.

Paint is an interesting example. Paint has a shelf life. Any dealer who stocks it is asking for trouble since over time it deteriorates. We always order fresh. Your paint went through a California dealer as we ordered fresh and with other parts which happened to funnel through that particular outlet. This may have had to do with your location or the day of the week we received the order and were able to submit it to Lotus as different outlets have different submission days for standard orders.

We work with a network of dealers in the US, Europe and Asia. Since Lotus does not have a distribution network like mainstream manufacturers, it largely relies on dealer stock. By having several dealers as partners, we are able to expedite the parts shipments as much as possible rather than making the client wait for "stock order" days. Sometimes it can not be avoided and frankly, as the market has become more difficult to sell the new cars, dealers are stock fewer and fewer parts. That means more reliance on Lotus Cars for supplies which in turn means longer lead times.

We also carry our own stock at our corporate offices in Philadelphia.

Our prices are current and we are constantly updating them. If you have a specific question on pricing, call or email us and we can confirm availability and pricing for you.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-04-2015, 07:11 PM
...call me a space cowboy

I haven't had any issues with BRG. Shipping isn't the fastest however we are dealing with Lotus parts...

2005 Elise (Build #65) - Nightfall Blue| BOE QS!!| BOE Clamhinge| REV400TVS | JCR Race Prepped Cylinder Head | ACT HDSS | BOE Wet Sump v1.1 | Oil Pump Gear | BOE Surge Tank | BOE Catch Can | RLS Wide Scoops w/NCI-BOE Conversion Kit | MP Custom Carpet Kit
2002 Dodge Dak 4x4
1992 HD Fxstc
1967 Sunbeam Alpine or Triumph Tr4 (Future purchase)
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 07:50 AM

Last edited by Blythzithe; 10-06-2015 at 08:16 AM.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 08:11 AM

Just another data point: I ordered some Extended View Mirrors (RLS parts, not OEM) on Sept 2 and they arrived on Sept 10... I was happy.

HethelSport 2014 Evora S IPS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Dealers/Aftermarket Suppliers Feedback

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in