Anyone here can share experience with British Racing Group / Lotus Garage? - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-24-2014, 02:06 AM Thread Starter

Anyone here can share experience with British Racing Group / Lotus Garage?

Hi, not too sure as where to post this rant on British Racing Group, L.L.C. (LLC) / Lotus Garage, i hope this sub forum is the place for it.

A while back, probably about 4 months ago (August) i ordered over $2grand worth of parts and paid about $500 for shipping of those parts to Singapore. But after about 2 months then i got news that all parts are ready to go except for the full floating rotors they offered on the website, problem with the supplier which delayed the rotors for a while longer, in the meantime Robert Konick (wallabyguy) then offered me the kits from APRacing but i rejected and insisted on the same rotors setup on the website valued at $740/set, but i rejected it and asked for a refund if possible, but no reply. Then a few weeks later after not receiving any replies to my email, i finally got one saying that the shipment got mixed up in US custom and Robert needed to source the parts elsewhere and ship them from different location, i agree to that. But still i had to wait and wait for the tracking number since i need to let my shipping forwarder in Singapore know about the incoming shipment. Then late October early November i have started to get tracking numbers, first the for the brakelines, then the pads. But again i had to wait for another 2 weeks to get 2 tracking number for the what i thought was the rest of the items i ordered, the wheels and the rotors. I initially emailed Robert asking the tracking numbers are for the wheels only or with the rotors, but till now no reply. So today i received two boxes from my agent. I was happy that finally all parts i ordered finally arrived, even though it took over 4 months. But when i opened the boxes, i could only find the 4 pieces of wheels in them, no rotors. So i just emailed Robert again about the rotors and asked for a refund of $740 for the rotors set. Hopefully by posting on this forum then i got some kind of a remorse from Robert, at least the last time i emailed him with the note about posting it on this forum, i quickly got an email reply.

Therefore Robert/Wallabyguy, please kindly respond to my last email, i have been very patient waiting for the parts and in 4 months i still have not received the rotors. I think it is about time that i ask for a refund again from you for the rotors. And hopefully we can sort this out ASAP.

Merry Christmas everyone and Happy Holiday!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-24-2014, 07:41 AM
Arch. Project Manager

I am currently in a similar situation with them. Almost 10k in parts were ordered last February 2014. Been waiting on the remaining parts(nose badge and turn signal housings) to show up for over a month now from when it was supposedly shipped. I had also canceled my clam order and asked for a refund when it had failed to show up and several "arrival" dates had slipped on by with little to no communication. My refund for the clam was requested before Thanksgiving!

It's now a month later and have been given excuse after excuse. I was told last week after letting them know that if they could not respond to me that their next request would be coming from my insurer or their lawyer regarding the requested refund of my insurance money. To my surprise I got a response the same day stating that my refund would be processed by the 2nd of January. Well again I don't know if I can believe that. I was told the first week of Dec. that it would be processed on the 12th of December and to my dismay yet again I sit empty handed. I cannot express enough disappointment and frustration with the lack of professionalism, communications, and honesty that I have received as a customer of the British Racing Group & Lotus Garage!

However it is to my understanding that Robert aka Wallabyguy is experiencing some health issues. Though with all the smoke an mirrors I've received over the year regarding my clam I am hesitant at best to believe anything I hear. I am ready to hand this off to my insurer and their lawyer, and wash my hands of this mess. I have been very clear and concise with Robert of my expectations and have always followed through with my word. I've given them more than a fair share of chances to make things right with my order.

"This car is more fun than the entire french air force crashing into a firework factory." - Jeremy Clarkson

2005 BRP ELISE:
Sport Pack, Hard Top, Black Mesh Grills, Cup Air Box, TitanQR, Difflow diffuser, Larini Club Sport Exaust, Rear Panel Delete, RTD Brace w/Nitron Toe Pins, Mono-ball bushings, PRORAD, Reverie CF Side Scoops & CF Splitter, CF door pulls, Odyssey PC680. Filled seams including a custom one piece front paint protection film.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-28-2014, 12:30 PM

From what I understand, they sell you items then call around to dealerships and buy the item for discount, then sell it to you. I had a situation with some touch up pain taking 2 months because they said it was being shipped from England; however, when it came it had a business card from a dealership in California. I have also talked with a couple of dealerships and they told me the same thing, and apparently their prices are out of date so it takes them a while to find the price at a lower point.

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-28-2014, 12:52 PM

I like them

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

slwkart
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-28-2014, 06:22 PM

I've had good experience with them in the past, but my recent order is frustrating. I ordered some fasteners, shims, and a new key about 2 months ago. I don't know how large their operation is, but one of the main folks is severly ill I was told last week when I contacted them.

My Prelude rebuild.
http://www.preludepower.com/forums/s...d.php?t=256458

2008 Lotus Elise | Storm TI | Touring Pack | A/C Insulation Mod | Aluminum Carpet Buttons | JBL GTO Series Speakers | Alpine iDA_X100 | GRP Trunk Strut | darthHOLDER | re-ENFORCER | BOE TOC Oil Pan | Pro Alloy Rad | BOE Toe Links
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-28-2014, 07:04 PM
The Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarpenter675 View Post
From what I understand, they sell you items then call around to dealerships and buy the item for discount, then sell it to you. I had a situation with some touch up pain taking 2 months because they said it was being shipped from England; however, when it came it had a business card from a dealership in California. I have also talked with a couple of dealerships and they told me the same thing, and apparently their prices are out of date so it takes them a while to find the price at a lower point.
I've needed parts they didn't have and have picked them up locally, which is the local shop (Newport Beach) I believe you're referring to and that they're affiliated/partnered with. Address is:

720 W. 17th Street
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Number is 949-270-0100 or 1000 (not sure which). See if they can help you out because the parts guy there is outstanding.

San

#8 Metric Allen Key, Plastic Carpet Buttons
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-30-2014, 06:26 AM

I order $12k in parts 4 months ago and have only gotten a few small parts only after notifing them I was filing a police report. I found out the parts were in stock and have been available all along.
Anyone ripped off by this person should post here.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-30-2014, 07:32 AM
SMDDanny

I've also had a negative experience. Nothing got resolved until the credit card company was notified. They are hopelessly and horribly disorganized.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-30-2014, 09:04 AM

I have ordered from them several times, but in the last year it has only been a couple of small orders.

My last experience was in Sept - I ordered 2 NACA ducts, 13 days later I sent email asking what status was, 4 days after that I got a reply that my order had been shipped with a tracking number. The tracking number was only created, the package wasn't really picked up for a few days after that. About 3 weeks from start to end to receive the order.

Previous experience was another small order (bolts) but took much longer. I was told parts were shipped several times, only to find out they were not. It was explained to me that the parts were being shipped directly from the dealer and the dealer was having employee issues that messed up many people's orders. Two months and over 10 emails with wrong statuses and I finally got the parts. They did discount the price for me due to the delay which I appreciated.

Click links to see my 2008 Lotus Exige-S 240 , '99 M3, 505rwhp '89 Mustang ( sold) , '05 WRX STI ( sold) homepages or here for my spin compilations (ispunuwin & ispinuwin2!)!
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-01-2015, 07:18 AM
Arch. Project Manager

Anyone here can share experience with British Racing Group / Lotus Garage?

I now have confirmation of my refund being processed in PayPal. I appreciate Robert following through on his word!
Happy New Years, I hope you all get your orders situated as well!

"This car is more fun than the entire french air force crashing into a firework factory." - Jeremy Clarkson

2005 BRP ELISE:
Sport Pack, Hard Top, Black Mesh Grills, Cup Air Box, TitanQR, Difflow diffuser, Larini Club Sport Exaust, Rear Panel Delete, RTD Brace w/Nitron Toe Pins, Mono-ball bushings, PRORAD, Reverie CF Side Scoops & CF Splitter, CF door pulls, Odyssey PC680. Filled seams including a custom one piece front paint protection film.
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-02-2015, 01:04 PM

I've always had a positive experience. It sucks that it appears balls were dropped for others though.

2011 Lotus Elise SC Final Edition 15 of 15 - Ardent Red
post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-02-2015, 03:42 PM

Garage
I've ordered a handful of things from LG over the years... never had to wait more than a week or 2 outside of an exterior trim piece that took about 2ish months.

I'd have to think that Robert is at the Mercy of Lotus/dealers when it comes to parts availability... sucks to hear some members here are having some significant problems with orders

'05 ST Elise: DHP exhaust, Quantum Zero's, Forge MS radiator, s111 v3 eliminator, s111 DSbrace, ce28n, ic7 dash...
post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-02-2015, 05:36 PM

Been waiting since July for my clam and headlight parts... Then last two months of supposed shipping and tracking to follow...haven't seen anything... I'm frustrated too!!
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-03-2015, 02:16 PM
Arch. Project Manager

Well I had canceled my clam order and it was supposedly shipped to the other coast and in California. So one should be free technically.

I'm still waiting on the last few parts I had on order that were supposedly shipped over a month ago, though I have no tracking or response yet on those items.

2005 BRP ELISE:
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-08-2015, 09:52 AM

I ordered carbon fiber sills from BRG back on September 4th, 2014. I e-mailed 1 month after my order since I hadn't received any update. They e-mailed back saying they were made to order and take up to 2 months to ship.

2 months came an went with no communication. I e-mailed again early December and the person replied just asking what finish I had, then they immediately e-mailed back again saying "Oh never mind I see it." Never heard back from them again, even after e-mailing them again about a week ago. I have called about 10 times and no one ever answers the phone. I even left a message and received no call back at all.

They have updated their site, so I have no idea what's going on. However, at this time, I would highly advise against ordering from BRG. At this time I feel I have about a 10% chance of getting what I ordered. I actually e-mail ORE directly because I believe they are the company that makes the sills to see if BRG ever even placed my order with them.

UPDATE: I actually e-mailed ORE (company that makes the sills) they claimed they haven't received any orders from them in a long time and had no order for me. So Kevin over at ORE e-mailed BRG asking for them to give me a refund. BRG did indeed promptly give me a refund. However, if this is how their customer service is I would highly suggest not buying anything from them. I would never do business with BRG again. I placed my order on Sept. 4. They told me knowing full well they never actually submitted the order to ORE, that it would take 2 months from the order date (1 month after I ordered). With how well ORE handled the issue, I will be ordering directly from them in the future.

Last edited by Likuid; 01-08-2015 at 10:29 AM.
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-08-2015, 04:53 PM
Arch. Project Manager

I had ordered quite a few parts from BRG in February of 2014. I knew many parts were back ordered. Most of my parts did show up before Robert became ill. Afterward was when the ball got dropped for BRG. It's disappointing as he has had a long standing good reputation among our community of owners. I still have few outstanding parts as we speak, but Robert did finally refund my clam.

2005 BRP ELISE:
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-08-2015, 09:44 PM

This post just reminded me that I had put in an order for side lamps on 12/13/2014 and have not yet gotten them. Just sent an email so will see if I get a response. May have to try and call them directly if I don't hear back.

Cosworth short block, BOE Rev 400, Cometic Head Gasket 11.5:1, JCR Head with BOE Spec Porting, A/C Delete, BOE Surge Tank, ACT HDSS Clutch,BOE TOC Oil Pan, BOE HP Radiator, BOE Front Mount HEX, BOE Rear Mounted Oil Cooler System and Fan, Larini 4:1 Header, BOE Featherweight Exhaust, Nitron DA, Gut Sport Front Splitter, Difflow 5 Element Diffuser and Aeroplates, 5 point harnesses, BMW bolts, Yellow painted calipers, Jim Clayton Tow Hook, Rear Tow Hook, Visor Delete, Halon Fire Extinguisher.
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwood View Post
I've ordered a handful of things from LG over the years... never had to wait more than a week or 2 outside of an exterior trim piece that took about 2ish months.

I'd have to think that Robert is at the Mercy of Lotus/dealers when it comes to parts availability... sucks to hear some members here are having some significant problems with orders
This is Robert posting....

I have been quite on this issue for several reasons. I was very ill late last year and was not in the office for several weeks. During that time, some orders that were on backordered or required special attention fell behind in fulfillment. I take full responsibility for this. My illness was not an excuse for the trouble that occurred.

Since I have returned to work (part time) on January 5th, most of the issues regarding backordered parts have been resolved. There are some exceptions but everyone who has had a problem has been contacted by me within 24 business hours of their expressed concern. For all of you that have experienced delays or issues, there have been 20 that didn't. It doesn't make the situation better but it's important to recognize that many customers didn't see any impact from my absence.

We have been a leading supplier to the community for years and years. Our reputation has been stellar until late last year when things went sideways during my absence. Since I returned, parts order have resumed their traditional fulfillment and these issues have mostly resolved. Why "mostly"? Well as Driftwood aptly pointed out, if the part is not in our inventory, we are at the mercy of our suppliers. Due to the actions and behaviors of some of them, we are no longer offering some products we used to. Their inability to communicate with us and give us accurate delivery dates has caused issue and their total lack of respect for my staff when I was out and thus their failure to perform on orders obviously has caused issues. I'm not posting on the forums to make them look bad and they know who they are. I'm not going to air the dirty laundry in public. Many of these suppliers have other day jobs and only supply parts on the side. When they don't ship or make money that month, the owner's still eat. If the order can be slipped aside and I take the brunt of the delay rather than them, it seems they really don't care as I'm the only one to suffer here on the forums. When BRG and Lotus Garage don't make money, my family and I suffer. This is my job. I am not supported by another income.

Lotus is trying very hard to come out of a trying time for them financially. Part of their massive layoff late last year included their purchasing department. As such, many parts which the company rely on outside suppliers for have been serious delayed. Electrical items in particular have been hard hit. Items like light assemblies, harnesses, instrument clusters, etc have been on backorder for some time. Many parts for vehicles over 10 years old are now being made osbolete as the company refocuses on the current product line and the the company's recovery. Clams have been another long fulfillment item but things are improving quickly in that area. A very bright spot has been our Lotus Racing products which are now shipping with very limited time delays. Seats ship have been shipping within 2-3 weeks. Evora wings have been shipping within 48 hours and now in improved packaging to prevent damage in transit. Evora SC systems ship within the same time as well.

If anyone has issues, email me directly at [email protected]. As I said, I'm responding to all messages within 1 business day. My direct line here at work is (215) 915-9109. If I don't pick up, please leave a message.

I have been part of this community for over 2 decades. I loved it so much I gave up my career and committed full time to serving it 10 years ago and never looked back. My hard work and dedication built a trusted reputation among members. I am deeply sorry for the issues that occurred during my absence from the business's operation but I'm back now and as some have already attested to in this and other threads, things have already improved greatly. I know I have a long road to regaining all of your trust but I'm willing to put the work in to do so.

Robert Konick
Owner and Founding Partner
British Racing Group and Lotus Garage
post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015, 05:29 PM
Closer than you think

Garage
We all fall down. It's the getting back up that demonstrates character.

A business that is built around one person is especially vulnerable when that person goes ill. Robert, I'm glad to hear that you are recovering. Godspeed in restoration of your full health.

Meanwhile, in this cynical world of accountability dodgers it's refreshing to see a man face criticism head-on and without excuses. Best of luck to an important resource in the Lotus community.

2005 BRP Elise Sport, Hardtop, Stage 2 Exhaust, CF side scoops, CF splitter, Composite Worx seats, gunmetal stripes
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015, 05:54 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotusGarage View Post
...everyone who has had a problem has been contacted by me within 24 business hours...
That is within 3 business days! I'd be very concerned after 24-hours without a response! If 3 business days is your standard turnaround time, I'm very surprised you still have any internet business.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Dealers/Aftermarket Suppliers Feedback

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in