LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-22-2014, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

Auto Europe Sales, Birmingham, MI

Update: AE is working to resolve

Last edited by rfojr; 11-10-2014 at 12:48 PM. Reason: AE is working to resolve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-23-2014, 09:12 AM

One of the best dealers in the world. I bought my car there 10 years ago and continued to use them for parts and advice as I moved away to several countries. There must be more to this story.

2005 SY-REV310 Supercharger, clam hinge, 2bular 8" single tip exhaust, 2bular header, Ohlin Double Adjustables, RTDbrace, Custom Kirkey 58 Series seats, Schroth 6 pt. harnesses, Multivex mirrors, Race battery, Micromirror, HID's, V2arms, Sparco removeable steering wheel, Volk CE28N's with Hoosier R7's, Pagid RS 14 pads, Cup airbox, catch cans, Ultradiscs, gPan, splitter, canards, Reverie wing, 6 element diffuser, proRad
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-23-2014, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chotto View Post
One of the best dealers in the world. I bought my car there 10 years ago and continued to use them for parts and advice as I moved away to several countries. There must be more to this story.
I agree with you 100% i've been dealing with them for five years now and I must say they made owning a Lotus a very pleasant experience, I do most of the work on my car myself but as far as alignment and other repairs that I'm not able to do I always go to them.

I found them to be friendly helpful and courteous and very professional. Although I've never purchased a car there myself, The inventory of cars that they do have there seem to be an excellent condition.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-23-2014, 10:54 AM

I agree with the above postings. Must be more to the story. I have known Tom and Eric for 25plus years. Bought my Elise from them. Have had all the LOONYs cars serviced with them. Always a class act.

Maybe there was a mistake in the advertising, mistakes do happen. If it was an honest mistake, sometimes you have to forgive that.

Tony Vaccaro
2005 Elise Ardent Red, www.lotusowners.com LOONY (Lotus Owners of New York) and the Church of the HolyLotus, Drive Fast Take Chances, 93 Caterham 7, 71 Elan, 70 Elan GTS, 1991 M100, 1999 Sport 190 Elise, 1974 Europa TC, 1973 Europa JPS #15 TwinCam.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-05-2014, 11:55 AM

My experience with dealer was very positive one. Ken

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-05-2014, 01:16 PM

Eric is a straight-shooter. Have you followed up with Eric?

The new owner of RLS is Austin, you can contact him at: Austin0Barrett <<<< @ >>>> gmail <<<< dot >>>> com
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-20-2014, 09:01 AM Thread Starter

Eric has made it right, and all is good now.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-20-2014, 12:13 PM

Not surprised. They are the good guys. I just trailered my car 1,500 miles for them to work on it this week. I don't trust the butchers in Austin to touch my car anymore.

2005 SY-REV310 Supercharger, clam hinge, 2bular 8" single tip exhaust, 2bular header, Ohlin Double Adjustables, RTDbrace, Custom Kirkey 58 Series seats, Schroth 6 pt. harnesses, Multivex mirrors, Race battery, Micromirror, HID's, V2arms, Sparco removeable steering wheel, Volk CE28N's with Hoosier R7's, Pagid RS 14 pads, Cup airbox, catch cans, Ultradiscs, gPan, splitter, canards, Reverie wing, 6 element diffuser, proRad
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-20-2014, 01:24 PM

Sorry. But I've tried to call AE to get parts and service quotes when I bought my Exige. On two separate instances, after talking to parts and service departments, they never bothered to call me back with a concrete price or availability for the parts.

I live 30 minutes from them and I take my car to Gator Motorsport in Indy which is 4 hours away.

Unfortunately they have that "you're bothering me" attitude.

The same thing happened 3 years ago when I walked into their dealership looking for a used Elige and the sales guy wouldn't get up from his desk or acknowledge me for over 30 minutes. He wasn't on a phone call but I didn't "LOOK" like I should be there I guess.

But don't worry, Gator is GREAT and I'm happy to give them my money.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-20-2014, 01:26 PM

Eric is a straight shooter, I knew he would take care of you.

The new owner of RLS is Austin, you can contact him at: Austin0Barrett <<<< @ >>>> gmail <<<< dot >>>> com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Classifieds Section > Dealers/Aftermarket Suppliers Feedback

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in