BEWARE DD Performance Research - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-13-2015, 06:12 PM Thread Starter

BEWARE DD Performance Research

I have had several major problems with this shop over the course of my car being there. Unfortunately, there will more than likely be an ensuing lawsuit on my behalf. As I cannot speak poorly about them for fear of a counter suit, I will tell you David Staba has refused to return my car to me. Especially after requesting it back several times and offering to pay my bill.

He claims I need to contact his attorney.

Last edited by lexus005; 07-13-2015 at 07:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-15-2015, 05:33 PM

DDPR has never refused to return a vehicle with a paid balance. This is no exception.
Customer sent us demand letter stating he has contacted his attorney and that he wants his car back.
Customer has been informed that since he has involved his attorney he is hereby referred to our attorney for all future correspondence.
Customer is now posting on forums.
DDPR hopes the customer will speak reasonably with our attorney and a mutually acceptable resolution can be reached quickly.

DD Performance Research
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-15-2015, 11:09 PM

I'll take his car if you don't want it!

2012 Evora 2+0 IPS.
2007 Exige mental track toy.
2005 Elise.
1982 Brunette.

"Listen up, I ain't Captain Walker. I'm the guy who carries Mr. Dead in his pocket."

"CHARLIE DON'T SURF"

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2015, 07:28 AM
not your dad's puns

Moar

BEWARE DD Preformance Research

Reminder to anyone in this conversation to tread lightly.

because racecar
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-19-2015, 12:43 PM

So based on Turbo's link and other links related to this lexus guy..it seems you have a delusional theory that anybody actually cares about your rants. It really sounds like you are the bad customer and I dont understand why you are posting in the Lotus forums about a service shop especially when the car you took to him isnt even a Lotus. I'm just glad you live far away..I dont think any of my local shops would deal as cordially as DDPR and from their responses I would gladly take my car to their shop for service if I was ever in the area.
If i was you I would stop posting on random car forums, talk to DDPR's attorney as stated and move on..

2005 Lotus Elise (Starlight Black)
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-08-2015, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexus005 View Post
I have had several major problems with this shop
.... The only problem I am aware of is that you dont pay your bills.

2005 Nightfall Blue Lotus Elise with ACT LE1-XTSS
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-08-2015, 10:26 PM

From the above mentioned Spyderchat forum. I guess he listened to someone. Lol.

"Lastly, If you are going to talk bad about a company on the internet to a group of people that respect that said company, I would recommend a forum where they are not members of that forum. If you try and sue them, they could very well counter sue you for slander on this website and for trying to tarnish their name(even if you couldn't). It could still potentially cost them a job or two... So, I would stop before you escalate it any further and hurt your self financially and your ego."

This guy also eventually contacted an Attorney and apparently recorded his conversation with said attorney without his knowledge or consent.
🙈

Every forum has one....or two....

05 Arctic Silver UK:
12 Wrangler JKU
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-09-2015, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

If it was as simple as paying my bill (for actual work preformed) this would of been sorted out already sadly it is not. However, I did hire legal counsel at the end of July after tirelessly trying to work on a fair and reasonable solution with DDs attorney. So now I have allocated additional funds to see this through a trial. The preponderance of evidence is in favor of myself. I will make it available for public record after trial or when my attorney gives me the go ahead.

For all the nay sayers why dont you ask DD the detailed reasons how we got here?

Last edited by lexus005; 08-09-2015 at 01:38 PM.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-09-2015, 02:18 PM
The Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexus005 View Post
If it was as simple as paying my bill (for actual work preformed) this would of been sorted out already sadly it is not. However, I did hire legal counsel at the end of July after tirelessly trying to work on a fair and reasonable solution with DDs attorney. So now I have allocated additional funds to see this through a trial. The preponderance of evidence is in favor of myself. I will make it available for public record after trial or when my attorney gives me the go ahead.

For all the nay sayers why dont you ask DD the detailed reasons how we got here?
After reading the long thread on Spyder Chat it is obvious that you are the problem.

I would ask nicely that you quit posting on this forum as it is for Lotus owners and your problem has nothing to do with us. I think I can speak for the vast majority here when I say we don't care about your situation as you brought it on yourself and you are in the wrong. Don't go away mad, just go away, please.

San

#8 Metric Allen Key, Plastic Carpet Buttons

Last edited by oldmansan; 08-09-2015 at 03:19 PM.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-18-2015, 11:48 AM

Garage
Has a Lexus based name...posting about a MR2...in a Lotus forum...ok
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-2016, 12:01 PM Thread Starter

David Staba DBA DD Performance Research and I have came to mutually acceptable terms. Once I inspect, and hopefully a local to Houston Spyderchat member inspect the car I will post to my satisfaction.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 05:57 AM

They came to a mutual agreement so this line of post should be deleted and not come up in my search for David Staba PLEASE DELETE ALL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Dealers/Aftermarket Suppliers Feedback

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in