Beware: LotusGarage.com / British Racing Group - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By Pants, Inc
  • 2 Post By Scott M

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

Beware: LotusGarage.com / British Racing Group

I should have probably started a new thread to share my experience with them. I wish I had taken the feedback about them from other thread more seriously.

I ordered some decals and stickers 12/16/2018, and as of today 2/20/2019 nothing was sent to me, no tracking number, no any proof of the parts being ordered or delivered.

I asked for a refund without responses. So I had to file a dispute with my credit card. Please avoid this vendor.

Here are some responses after my multiple inquires: this is beyond what I could expect from any vendor.

12/18/2018:
"Thank you for your order yesterday. The order was forwarded to Lotus for fulfillment in the morning when we opened and they expect to have them shipped later this week. We were not alerted of any backorders."

12/27/2018

"Sorry for the delay in responding but itís been difficult to get updates from the factory in the UK as they are closed for the holidays. It appears they invoiced us which means that the shipment was processed but until we can talk to someone on the 3rd, I canít get any further update. It may just be held up in the holiday mail."

1/8/2019
"Lotus was closed the last 2 weeks of December and only started shipping parts again yesterday. We are waiting for tracking information on your order but expect it in the next day or so. Rebecca is out with the flu but expected to return tomorrow."

1/22/2019
"I apologize for the drop in communication.

The parts arrived this morning at the warehouse and they are unpacking them for shipping. They were supposed to ship before the factory break but didnít. Out first shipment from the factory post closure was the middle of last week which only arrived today."

2/20/2019
Nothing received, dispute filed.

Last edited by redbadge; 02-20-2019 at 04:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 04:45 PM

I've placed three orders with them. Had to call/e-mail several times on each order. I still have never received one part I ordered, but it was less than $10 and I decided it wasn't worth the hassle to keep calling or e-mailing about it.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbadge View Post
I should have probably started a new thread to share my experience with them. I wish I had taken the feedback about them from other thread more seriously.

I ordered some decals and stickers 12/16/2018, and as of today 2/20/2019 nothing was sent to me, no tracking number, no any proof of the parts being ordered or delivered.

I asked for a refund without responses. So I had to file a dispute with my credit card. Please avoid this vendor.

Here are some responses after my multiple inquires: this is beyond what I could expect from any vendor.

12/18/2018:
"Thank you for your order yesterday. The order was forwarded to Lotus for fulfillment in the morning when we opened and they expect to have them shipped later this week. We were not alerted of any backorders."

12/27/2018

"Sorry for the delay in responding but itís been difficult to get updates from the factory in the UK as they are closed for the holidays. It appears they invoiced us which means that the shipment was processed but until we can talk to someone on the 3rd, I canít get any further update. It may just be held up in the holiday mail."

1/8/2019
"Lotus was closed the last 2 weeks of December and only started shipping parts again yesterday. We are waiting for tracking information on your order but expect it in the next day or so. Rebecca is out with the flu but expected to return tomorrow."

1/22/2019
"I apologize for the drop in communication.

The parts arrived this morning at the warehouse and they are unpacking them for shipping. They were supposed to ship before the factory break but didnít. Out first shipment from the factory post closure was the middle of last week which only arrived today."

2/20/2019
Nothing received, dispute filed.
Wow, I made my order in November and similar responses. If I do not receive a tracking number by Monday I will file a depute as well. Did you by any chance place your order with another vendor with any luck? I still need my parts..

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 02:25 PM
The Enforcer

BritishRacingGroup/LotusGarage

This forum has terminated their relationship with BritishRacingGroup/LotusGarage. Any and all disputes will need to be addressed with the vendor directly.

San

#8 Metric Allen Key, Plastic Carpet Buttons
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-28-2019, 09:35 PM

And now the site gives a 404 error. Toast
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 01:44 PM

Made a purchase 03/03/2018 and got no confirmation, filed complaint with PayPal and just got a result in my favor. DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS VENDOR!!! Such a shame, they used to be so great. No excuse for the decline.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alau99 View Post
Wow, I made my order in November and similar responses. If I do not receive a tracking number by Monday I will file a depute as well. Did you by any chance place your order with another vendor with any luck? I still need my parts..
I ordered from https://www.sjsportscars.com/parts-and-accessories.htm
Great guys to work with, straightforward responses for waiting time. Took 2 weeks for the parts to arrive. Great experience.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 06:59 PM

Same here: I ordered a wheel liner on Feb 17 but haven't received any updates since then despite multiple requests. I've also filed a dispute with PayPal. On the flip side I've had very recent and excellent experiences with forum sponsors BOE, InoKinetic, and BWR along with Greg's Race Parts and Lotus Parts Online out of Birmingham, MI.
Auto Europe likes this.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 06:29 PM

Shoot. I ordered some parts middle of December from them. No replies via email, but I haven't tried to call them. I will file a dispute over thew weekend if I don't hear back. The last time I order some bits from them it was the same story - lack of response, but they eventually reached out and provided shipping details.

My Prelude rebuild.
http://www.preludepower.com/forums/s...d.php?t=256458

2008 Lotus Elise | Storm TI | Touring Pack | A/C Insulation Mod | Aluminum Carpet Buttons | JBL GTO Series Speakers | Alpine iDA_X100 | GRP Trunk Strut | darthHOLDER | re-ENFORCER | BOE TOC Oil Pan | Pro Alloy Rad | BOE Toe Links
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-02-2019, 09:14 PM

I have waited since Nov. for a wiper arm. I have been told it has arrived and will shipped out next week, that was 2 months ago. Most of my emails were from Robert who was out the office on personal matters and would respond to his emails soon after he got back, usually in a couple of days. Only got more emails telling me he was dealing with personal matters. I emailed many times and left messages on every recorder I could get ahold of at their phone numbers. What irritates me the most is that the wiper arm was a Christmas present for fellow Lotus owner!
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-03-2019, 11:43 AM

Garage
Same issues here. Ordered parts back on Dec. 7th. In January, they blamed the delay on Christmas shutdown. In February, they blamed it on Lotus sending the wrong parts, then communication went silent. I have about 6 unanswered emails.

I filed a dispute with my credit card company (Capital One) and they refunded my money in 2 days. They noted that I was close to missing the cutoff for a dispute. (90 days from when the statement is posted).

Yesterday, I received a letter from Stratton Motor Company stating that they were fulfilling orders on behalf of British Racing Group (Lotus Garage) but have recently had communication and payment issues from them. My order is one of the orders that BRG placed, but didn't pay for. So Stratton Motor Company has my parts, but they haven't been paid. They reached out to let me know I can submit payment to them directly and they will ship my parts. (This is all on official letterhead and included my invoice).

Those of you who have had issues receiving parts need to file a dispute with your credit card company ASAP.
And everyone else needs to not order from LotusGarage.com or BritishRacingGroup
lt1_fd3s and meowpox like this.

Last edited by Scott M; 04-03-2019 at 02:31 PM.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 05:46 AM

No Response from Vendor since march on order.

I have been an Esprit owner for 25 years and ordered from them in the past. This year I ordered some items from them in January including some shirts for my boys. In February Robert responded that my shirts were received from production (?) and were being shipped the next day 2/5. Rebecca sent a similar note. To date nothing has been received after several emails and calls? It would be nice if Robert or someone who receives this info could communicate at a basic level. I looked again yesterday and the site is down...very disappointing!
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-04-2019, 07:15 AM
The Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86TurboHCI View Post
I have been an Esprit owner for 25 years and ordered from them in the past. This year I ordered some items from them in January including some shirts for my boys. In February Robert responded that my shirts were received from production (?) and were being shipped the next day 2/5. Rebecca sent a similar note. To date nothing has been received after several emails and calls? It would be nice if Robert or someone who receives this info could communicate at a basic level. I looked again yesterday and the site is down...very disappointing!
I (the forum member) would advise you dispute the charges, as it seems Robert and Rebecca are no longer communicating with their former customers.

San

#8 Metric Allen Key, Plastic Carpet Buttons
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-16-2019, 08:44 AM

Garage
As a follow-up to my post above: I received my parts from Stratton Motor Company yesterday. The whole process was painless once they took over. They also sent me a bonus t-shirt from the 70th anniversary event!

Last edited by Scott M; 04-16-2019 at 09:09 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Dealers/Aftermarket Suppliers Feedback

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in