• 5 Post By xianzai
  • 1 Post By greencar
  • 1 Post By Mobius97
  • 3 Post By oldmansan
  • 1 Post By fzust

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

Black Watch Racing

Hi guys, I ordered some parts from Black Watch Racing last week. So far I have not received an email confirmation and the do not answer the phone or reply to emails.

Can anyone confirm with me if these guys are still in business and if so how can I get in touch with them?

Thanks,
Henry
'05 Elise
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 12:23 PM
The Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrymfisher View Post
Hi guys, I ordered some parts from Black Watch Racing last week. So far I have not received an email confirmation and the do not answer the phone or reply to emails.

Can anyone confirm with me if these guys are still in business and if so how can I get in touch with them?

Thanks,
Henry
'05 Elise
They're probably racing somewhere as both of the owners (husband and wife) are avid racers. He (Fred) just posted here about an hour ago.

@fzust Can you help this person out please?

San

#8 Metric Allen Key, Plastic Carpet Buttons
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 12:37 PM
Elise Guru

Hi San,

Thanks for the head's up! Yes, that is correct. Henry placed his order in the late afternoon on Thursday. It will be shipping Monday! Thanks for your order!

Cheers,

Fred

Multiple SCCA Solo National and Pro Solo National Championships

Blackwatch Racing - Better for the Street, Proven on the track

Lotus Performance Parts and Accessories

Winning Suspension
- Larini Exhaust - BWR Close Ratio Gearset
We build the toughest Lotus Transmissions for the Elige. From Stock to SCCA-NASA-World Challenge Winners.

6UL wheels

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 02:16 PM
The Enforcer

There you have it. Blackwatch Racing is still in business.

San
fzust likes this.

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 05:47 PM

BWR is a solid company.
fzust, darkSol, surferpkt and 2 others like this.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 07:14 PM

second that!
fzust likes this.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 11:28 PM

I've spent a lot of hard earned money (IMO) with BWR.... from the UniKey to wheels. Top notch company and service! In my 4 times ordering with them (biggest purchase being rims) I've not once had an issue and would definitely buy from them again.

Nice to see them on the forums and easing your worries.
fzust likes this.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 12:05 AM
The Enforcer

I hope everyone here knows I was just joking about BWR still being in business. Of course they are.

I bought my Team Dynamic forged wheels from BWR (since sold), wheel studs, Lotus badges, door pins, foot plate protector and last but by far not least, my Penske double adjustables. I'm sure I'm forgetting some items.

Dealing with BWR is painless. I ordered the door pins (factory pins are the wrong size) and as I wasn't assured my pins were stock (third owner) I asked Fred to take a micrometer to their pins so I could verify the size. He responded quickly and my pins were the wrong ones (too small). I ordered the pins on their website and got an email from Alexandra (Fred's wife). I had inadvertently ordered two pair, instead of one pair and she was just checking to see if that's what I really wanted. I responded I only wanted a pair and she said no problem, and fixed it for me. Great customer service.

Fred and Alexandra are both highly skilled drivers/racers who are true Lotus enthusiasts and manage a top-notch business to boot. After I bought my Penskes, I called asking questions and spoke to both Fred and Alexandra for advice. Both were very helpful. After I lost my documentation Fred was quick to email it to me. Call and/or email them and they'll get back to you in a timely manner.

Yeah, this is a long-winded post. If you can't tell, I like BWR. If I need a part and they carry it, I don't hesitate to order from them. I don't receive any special favors from them, but the next time I'm in Phoenix I'll see if I can weasel a beer out of Fred and/or Alexandra.

San
fzust, darkSol and CALtd like this.

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 03:01 AM
Elise Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmansan View Post
I hope everyone here knows I was just joking about BWR still being in business. Of course they are.

I bought my Team Dynamic forged wheels from BWR (since sold), wheel studs, Lotus badges, door pins, foot plate protector and last but by far not least, my Penske double adjustables. I'm sure I'm forgetting some items.

Dealing with BWR is painless. I ordered the door pins (factory pins are the wrong size) and as I wasn't assured my pins were stock (third owner) I asked Fred to take a micrometer to their pins so I could verify the size. He responded quickly and my pins were the wrong ones (too small). I ordered the pins on their website and got an email from Alexandra (Fred's wife). I had inadvertently ordered two pair, instead of one pair and she was just checking to see if that's what I really wanted. I responded I only wanted a pair and she said no problem, and fixed it for me. Great customer service.

Fred and Alexandra are both highly skilled drivers/racers who are true Lotus enthusiasts and manage a top-notch business to boot. After I bought my Penskes, I called asking questions and spoke to both Fred and Alexandra for advice. Both were very helpful. After I lost my documentation Fred was quick to email it to me. Call and/or email them and they'll get back to you in a timely manner.

Yeah, this is a long-winded post. If you can't tell, I like BWR. If I need a part and they carry it, I don't hesitate to order from them. I don't receive any special favors from them, but the next time I'm in Phoenix I'll see if I can weasel a beer out of Fred and/or Alexandra.

San
San, thanks again for the endorsement! We try to earn it everyday. We do get busy and the phone is a constant struggle since we get about 20 spam calls per day! I had a customer that worked in a call center and I was halfway through my "thanks but we don't need any real-estate, financial services, hair cream etc. Please add us to your don't call, list" - speech when I was interrupted to chat about shocks! That is the rarest of exceptions. We try to get back to calls but email is the best way to start the conversation and I am happy to call people back.

This time of year we are busy gearing up for the driving and track season, working on new projects, and gearing up our own racecars before the insanity hits. The XP car will have some bling-tastic manual brakes(the inherent brake bias of these cars really sucks) and completely re-worked front mount A/W IC radiator. The test mule has been running our gearset again for the last couple weeks, so lots going on.

San, let me know when you are in town, I'll get the first round
ERDoc74 likes this.

Multiple SCCA Solo National and Pro Solo National Championships

Blackwatch Racing - Better for the Street, Proven on the track

Lotus Performance Parts and Accessories

Winning Suspension
- Larini Exhaust - BWR Close Ratio Gearset
We build the toughest Lotus Transmissions for the Elige. From Stock to SCCA-NASA-World Challenge Winners.

6UL wheels
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 03:51 AM

BWR is great. Bought many things from them over the years.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 07:40 AM
glb

Fred, this works very well to stop those calls:

https://www.nomorobo.com

It works with only certain phone providers.

05 elise (BOE Rev300 supercharged, SSRs, shift tower mods, Multivex; HID hi/low beams); 05 Corolla XRS. Past '72 Elan Sprint (I restored), Lotus 7 w/X-flow, TT Supra, Bugeye Sprite, BMW 2002 & 2002tii, '65 GTO.

Driving Tips-https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f10...art-1-a-49665/
Moss Emergency Line-https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f10...cy-line-36631/
Bleeding Brakes- https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f10...-brakes-241138
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 03:32 PM

I'm new to this community(< 1 year) so my opinion isn't worth much, but I've had great service for the one time I ordered from BWR/Fred. He's been super helpful and always willing to take the time to answer my questions.

IMO, running a business that caters to such a small customer base, and one that isn't really growing for that matter (at least until 2020) is a risky endeavor. Often those running businesses here on the forum have way more experience than any dealership you could walk in to. It's so nice to get personal help from folks like Fred who know the most about these cars and have 1000s of hours racing them. I'd much rather wait a few days to hear back from Fred vice getting an instantaneous response from some college kid that rides a moped and is paid $8/hr to respond to peoples' emails. I think this is why you see so many folks rushing to put in a good word here on this thread.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 05:22 PM

Good people.

I ordered their dash bag and opted to pay the extra for the leather finish. After already putting in the order and paying for it; I get an email from them saying that they are discounting the leather bag because they weren't happy with how the finish turned out on it. This is before they even shipped the product.

They also assisted me when I had trouble with one of the nukeys I ordered from them. I stripped the threads of the case, and that may or may not have been my fault. But they got back to me promptly.

2007 Chrome Orange Lotus Elise
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 08:15 AM
Supporting Vendor

+1 for BWR and Fred being fantastic!!

T.J.

GATOR MOTORSPORT
'The Lotus Evora - A Rose of a Different Color'
Authorized Lotus, Rossion, Magnum, and Zenos dealership.
Specializing in Lotus service, parts, and performance upgrades.
"Unrivaled Excellence"
3353 West 96th Street. Indianapolis, IN 46268
(855)-428-6767
www.GatorMotorsport.com
Click here to take a virtual tour of our facilities!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Dealers/Aftermarket Suppliers Feedback

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in