BMCD (British Motor Car Distributors) of San Francisco - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 09:38 PM Thread Starter

Which begs the question, and I prefix this with the observation that I don't get out much and I live in Berkeley which is about as 'typical' as a panther playing table tennis, how come the majority of the sales people at car places are men?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 09:55 PM

Cars tend to be "a guy thing?"
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-08-2006, 10:20 PM Thread Starter

Buyers perhaps - but why so for the sales? Or is this simply a sale job women aren't interested in? There do seem to be alot of these women types driving cars I've noticed :-)

A female VP BizDev friend of mine for a large auto-electronics/software company in Europe absolutely swears she has the advantage in her position, all else being equal, because she's a she.

This doesn't carry over to cars?

post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-09-2006, 10:27 AM
Modern Day Hippie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aanon4
Which begs the question, and I prefix this with the observation that I don't get out much and I live in Berkeley which is about as 'typical' as a panther playing table tennis, how come the majority of the sales people at car places are men?
My guess is the lifestlye. It's rough. My previous Lotus service advisor was in car sales for 20 years. He told me that he had no life. He didn't get to spend time with his family or friends. He was always working. I'm not even in sales and I work 6 days a week 9 hours a day, and I still get calls at home after hours and on my day off because the GM is in the office working away.

You become who you surround yourself with - Sorinne Ardeleanu

Please don't message me here, my inbox is over capacity. If you'd like to connect with me please send me an email to sprvxn @ gmail . com . Thank you.
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-10-2006, 02:08 PM Thread Starter

I swear there's too much of an overlap between computers and cars - except with cars you get outside, and computers is inside work with no heavy lifting :-) Of course, I know computers are out to get me, while for cars its merely the latte cellphone grasping Camry drivers of Berkeley (and I live in continual dread of the hybrid Camry where they'll be able to sneek up on pedestrians more effeciently).
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 10:26 AM

Don't forget...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnr
Congrats on your car - Good to see yet another Berkeley Elise.

I used to live in Berkeley and knew of 4 other Elises there - Perryges and Jen4Juice from the forum and 2 other guys who arent on etalk. I think Berkeley might have one of the highest number of Elises per capita
One more in Berkeley, Saffron Yellow #66, 30,000 miles and 46 track days and counting (one more Wednesday, Lotus at Thunderhill!)

Fast TrackSaffron Yellow
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-13-2006, 10:58 AM
Modern Day Hippie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aanon4
I've been thinking about this some more, and maybe it's because most women are not into cars. Why would they want to sell a product they don't care about and don't know anything about? I really like cars so that's why I'm here. How would you like to buy a car from someone who is less knowledgeable about the car than you? You probably wouldn't feel very comfortable. The Lotus is a different type of market than the Bentley or Lamborghini. Someone that wants a Lotus, wants a Lotus. You don't really have to sell them anything. They've done their research before coming.

You become who you surround yourself with - Sorinne Ardeleanu

Please don't message me here, my inbox is over capacity. If you'd like to connect with me please send me an email to sprvxn @ gmail . com . Thank you.
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 09-17-2006, 12:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTripleX
Someone that wants a Lotus, wants a Lotus. You don't really have to sell them anything. They've done their research before coming.
I guess that's very true - take me - saw the car 10 years ago in England and never wanted to buy anything else since then. Total irrational desire bypassing head, wallet, and currently available overnight bags. I was quite bummed out when I first moved here and discover you couldn't buy the damn things. I had to make do with salt-and-viniger Pringles ... which really aren't the same but are probably more toxic than drinking the Elise's battery acid.
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-06-2013, 10:52 AM

Bringing this one from the dead since it had the most "official" and accurate title. Brought my Elise in for the oil line recall and the customer service I received from Billy/Deon was BAR NONE. That is all...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Dealers/Aftermarket Suppliers Feedback

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in