BritishRacingGroup/LotusGarage - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
The Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glb View Post
I've known Robert for over 10 yrs. He is a generous, charming fellow who has earned my respect.

I'd be surprised if anyone has met Robert and didn't really like him.

He was in a terrible accident in his Elise yrs ago (not his fault; he wasn't even moving IIRC) and may be suffering some health issues due to that traumatic event.

He has helped many, many Lotus owners. I've not heard a bad word among them.

Look, I know it's frustrating being in your positions.

But, I am asking that you allow Robert as much time and leeway as you can muster. He has made this community better (he also organizes events) and I imagine he will in the future.

Please.
Highlighted in red above. I don't think you've been listening to the forum members here or on the other sites.

Some here have lost thousands of dollars. It doesn't matter if the owner is healthy or not, it doesn't excuse charging for goods/services that never arrive. That's a crime. Some have waited more than a year. They deserve the good/services or their money back. It isn't like they've been contacted and asked to be patient. They've been ignored. I have to wonder if you'd feel the same if you were one of the unfortunate forum members that were taken advantage of.

San

#8 Metric Allen Key, Plastic Carpet Buttons
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 08:39 PM

I got an invoice in the mail last week from Stratton Motor Company asking for payment for an order placed 5 months ago with British Racing. They are the UK source for factory parts and said they were sitting on the order since December waiting on BRG to send payment. I sent them a paypal and the items shipped next business day. Never fun to pay twice but at least the parts are coming.

When I emailed BRG in February Rebecca replied back saying the parts were already shipped from the UK and they were expecting arrival any day, so that was an intentionally fraudulent response. They never paid Stratton for the items ordered, just kept the money and lied about it.

Last edited by patd; 04-19-2019 at 08:53 PM.
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 08:46 PM

I finally reached out to paypal and filed a claim for my order placed in Feb. "Rebecca" said that my order had been "forwarded for cancellation" - this was early March and I've yet to see a payment post. An upstanding seller would shut down their site and stop taking orders if they felt that the business wouldn't survive without them. What's happening here is fraud.

post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 06:42 AM

You are right this is plain outright fraud!!!

I had written off an order and got a refund from my credit card bank last year after many attempts to follow up with BRG. While I'm sympathetic to health issues it doesn't matter from a commercial integrity perspective.
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 07:55 AM
Lotus Elise Type72D

Garage
my order never delivered

I had a small order with them that is still open since October 2018. Periodically I get a response but it is erratic, and promises to ship don't seem to ever happen. I am not out a great deal of money, but I did want the trim part I ordered so will have to get it from someone else now

discouraging...
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 05:11 AM

It seems as if I had a post in here that was deleted. If so, please tell me why, as I am fairly new to LotusChat and apparently do not know all the rules. Thanks!
post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Europa TC View Post
It seems as if I had a post in here that was deleted. If so, please tell me why, as I am fairly new to LotusChat and apparently do not know all the rules. Thanks!
In the last couple of months, there have been numerous negative threads on LotusTalk regarding British Racing Group, Lotus Garage, and/or BRG. Perhaps you are thinking of your post in another one of those threads?

https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f93...6/#post5940356
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
The Enforcer

Quote:
There are no deleted posts in this thread. You are mistaken.

San

post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 08:07 AM

Oldmansan, you are correct! My post was in a parallel thread that was merged or discontinued.
Thanks!
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
The Enforcer

Quote:
Oldmansan, you are correct! My post was in a parallel thread that was merged or discontinued.
Thanks!
Even a blind squirrel.......

San

post #31 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 12:26 PM

Huh??
post #32 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
The Enforcer

Quote:
Huh??
Even .......
Attached Images

post #33 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 07:30 AM

oldmansan, I hope that today you got up on the right side of the bed. Happy Spring to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Dealers/Aftermarket Suppliers Feedback

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in