Gator Motorsports (Indianapolis IN) - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 08:14 AM Thread Starter

Gator Motorsports (Indianapolis IN)

T.J. from Fox Valley is operating out of Indy now working for Young Kim at Gator Motorsports. I had some leftover issues with some work T.J. had done on my car while at FVMC.

T.J. is a standup honest guy with his heart into these cars, as I'm sure all you know by now. Anyways, he made things right at no charge, and Young allowed him to do the work in his new shop. I just wanted to let you how well I was treated even though I wasn't shelling out much $$$ for the work. I did have them do a few extras on top of what was needing to be replaced from previous bushing work.

So please take your business to Gator Motorsports, T.J. and Young will ensure you get the best service at a great price and your car will get pampered in a facility that is for me the best one I have ever seen. It's cleaner than most hospitals... just unbelievable how nice it's kept.

My car headlights had some wear and tear, and they buffed them out at no charge, and washed my car so it was shiny and ready to go. T.J. gave the car a thorough once over, found a few little things and fixed them. It's worth the drive in getting your Lotus work done by someone you can trust.

Just my 2 cents....

2011 Evora S Heritage Edition #1
2006 MRG Lotus Elise: VF Supercharged - SOLD

http://www.johnmadison.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-27-2013, 08:07 AM

wow, my car is in their shop right now !!! That is the cleanest shop ever ( brand new) but WOW!! i got to see every lotus produced the owner has them all!

TJ of course is the reason why i made the drive, but i have the feeling i will learn how to get here without navigation. It is the nicest facility that i have been into.

Well, now i am waiting at starbucks as my car is being worked on... and should be on my way home in probably 3 hrs

2006 Lotus Elise CO
2003 C32 amg
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-27-2013, 04:31 PM

UPDATE ... drove my car back WOW huge difference, with the new shifter cables installed, it shifts better than when i purchased the car lol.. ( if i have my windows down, the breeze shifts for me lol.... joking )

TJ has done a A++++ job at getting this installed, it was fast and put everything back better than i had, before going there. ( oh thanks TJ for finding me my lost ID..... about 2 $ in change, some other misc stuff under my seats lol )

Here is more about GATOR Motorsports. I got there, and TJ showed me around... met the whole gang including the owner ( and his insane collection of cars) i am posting some pictures of this hospital looking shop lol.

I know, you guys might think its a dealer cause it is so full, let me tell you its not a dealer YET!!! - (did i mention the owner has a collection of cars ? )These cars are the reason TJ moved, they belong to the owner - cool guy

2006 Lotus Elise CO
2003 C32 amg

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-24-2013, 05:21 PM

How do I make an appointment??

After a brief conversation with the service department of the only remaining Lotus Service option in Chicagoland (located in a Forrest, somewhere near the Lake, I guess), I am convinced that I prefer to drive some extra miles to spend my money at a place I can trust.

What is the best way to arrange for some service while I wait? we can discuss details before we commit to a time.

PS: I've had my car serviced by Lotus dealers throughout southern California and by FVMC over the last 76K miles. Until my conversation with Lake Forrest this morning, no one had ever asked me for over $300 for an oil change on a 2006 Elise!

If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable!

2006 Elise #1423
graphite / magnolia :: sports :: touring :: janspeed stage II
titanQR :: nitron singles :: EBC / pagid blue :: potenza re-11
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-06-2013, 10:08 AM

Another independent review...

So, the experience: in a word, awesome.

Even the drive out there was fun, a break from my daily routine and an excuse to get away from work for "personal reasons"...

As of recently, Gator Motorsport had become an official Lotus dealer / service, and this is great news.

The facility is pristine, you saw the pictures above, I need say no more, other than the fact that they own the whole building there, so once the tenants move out, their space will vastly increase.

The service is what stands out. The individuality of any Lotus is rarely matched by the individuality of the care and follow-up it receives, but this is the one place that probably does it best. TJ basically has free reign there as far as how to take care of the client, and he essentially chooses to adapt a role of a thorough, flexible physician. This seems very effective. He informs you of the problems your Lotus has or might develop (not just any Lotus, YOUR lotus), and gives you many reasonable options how to treat them. He even provided me with an individualized list, complete with links and descriptions. Sounds simple and standard, until you actually observe the level of detail and attention he offers - not standard at all. I'm on a budget, too, which is well taken into consideration. Thanks to him I received great care of my high mileage Elise (77K), and a solid, effective plan which incorporates my goals for the car, and I'm confident, is a good one.

His boss is a guy who is passionate about the brand, gives him the freedom to run the shop as he feels fit, and the backing to do it well. Could not ask for a better combination.

Anyway, of all the places I have had my Lotus serviced at between Chicago and Southern Cali, this one is solid on the podium. Can't wait to see where they go next.

If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable!

2006 Elise #1423
graphite / magnolia :: sports :: touring :: janspeed stage II
titanQR :: nitron singles :: EBC / pagid blue :: potenza re-11
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-08-2013, 04:54 PM
Supporting Vendor

Thanks Luke!! It was a pleasure seeing you and your car again. Thanks for taking the time to come to Indy to see us!! We look forward to seeing you again, and next time you will be coming to an OFFICIAL Lotus dealer.

That's right, we are official now!! Feel free to call for parts or service 855-428-6767

We just got 2 beautiful new Evoras in stock too, and have some Rossions on the way, oh yes, we signed with them too.

Look forward to seeing everyone!!

T.J.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2014, 04:53 PM

If you own a Lotus ANYWHERE, Gator is worth the drive

I'm new to the Lotus family, live in Iowa, bought an Esprit V8 twin turbo in LA, had it shipped to Gator. TJ and Dan Weaver (Gator's mgr of Cust Svc) went through it from nose-to-tail, restored it to like-new, spent my money as it was their own, and gave me back a car I can drive anywhere with confidence and authority. If you LOVE your Lotus, and have any concerns about the quality of the work you might receive on it, quit thinkin', take, or SHIP (I did) your car to Gator and you will never have to look back. Possibly the best Lotus team in America - Doug A.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2014, 05:50 PM

Gator Motorsport +1000
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-30-2014, 04:40 AM
Got Parts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refnafratus View Post
I'm new to the Lotus family, live in Iowa, bought an Esprit V8 twin turbo in LA, had it shipped to Gator. TJ and Dan Weaver (Gator's mgr of Cust Svc) went through it from nose-to-tail, restored it to like-new, spent my money as it was their own, and gave me back a car I can drive anywhere with confidence and authority. If you LOVE your Lotus, and have any concerns about the quality of the work you might receive on it, quit thinkin', take, or SHIP (I did) your car to Gator and you will never have to look back. Possibly the best Lotus team in America - Doug A.

Doug,

Thank you for the very kind words. I apologize for the delay in actually replying to this post, but we sincerely appreciate it. We are striving to do something different by being direct, fair, and honest, and so far it appears to be working.
Thank you again for being part of the Gator "family".

Dan W.

GATOR MOTORSPORT
'The Lotus Evora - A Rose of a Different Color'
Authorized Lotus, Rossion, Magnum, and Zenos dealership.
Specializing in Lotus service, parts, and performance upgrades.
"Unrivaled Excellence"
3353 West 96th Street. Indianapolis, IN 46268
(855)-428-6767
www.GatorMotorsport.com
www.LotusParts.com
Click here to take a virtual tour of our facilities!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Dealers/Aftermarket Suppliers Feedback

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in