Lotus of Bethesda, MD - Washington DC area (EuroMotorcars Lotus) - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-06-2012, 07:24 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Lotus of Bethesda, MD - Washington DC area (EuroMotorcars Lotus)

All,

Wanted to fill you in on my experience with Jamie Gershowitz at Lotus of Bethesda, MD - Washington DC area (EuroMotorcars Lotus). Jamie has been amazing.

I brought my Evora in for the 1500 mile checkup and was very happy with the service. I was having an issue with the traction control tell tale kicking me out of sport mode. Jamie knew the solution, and it was quick to fix. What impressed me most was his attention to detail. No issue was too small; he tackled them all with ferocity.

Jamie is very knowledgeable on the Evora, and if he doesn’t know the answer (which is rare), he immediately has diagrams/schematics on his desk. As an engineer, this hit home with me.

I was also impressed with how he treated other customers: very professional, regardless of their level of knowledge on Lotus.

As you can tell, I recommend anyone on the East Coast pay him a visit when you are ready for your first (or second/third) Lotus purchase.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-06-2012, 09:11 AM
RBH

Yep he is great.

Do it once. Do it right.
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-06-2012, 01:17 PM

I, too had a very satisfactory service experience at Euromotorcars. Jamie was very personable. My car was delivered without the oily fingerprints that seemed to be part of the service experience at the old Lotus dealership.

Try them for service. Let's support our local Lotus dealership.

post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-06-2012, 08:10 PM

Jamie has been great. His techs updated my car, (ECU, fluid changes for spring) and then when I went to sell it they did a detailed pre-purchase inspection for the new owner.

I definitely recommend Lotus of Bethesda.

2013 Porsche Boxster (in silver and red, home at last!)
2011 BMW 128i cabrio, ///M Sport
2005 Elise in Racing Green with the touring pack (sold 8/6/12)
2007 MINI Cooper S in Sparkling Silver (sold)
Founder of the Racing Green Confederate
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 03:46 PM

Jamie just did my pre purchase inspection on my Exige, and i was impressed with his knowledge of the car, and how he took an extensive amount of time with me over the phone explaining some things...

Even though they are an hour and a half drive from my house, im going to be going there alot for all of my needs. Top notch professionals!
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sootyguy View Post
Jamie just did my pre purchase inspection on my Exige, and i was impressed with his knowledge of the car, and how he took an extensive amount of time with me over the phone explaining some things...

Even though they are an hour and a half drive from my house, im going to be going there alot for all of my needs. Top notch professionals!
Great, I'm down the street from them! I need to take mine in soon as well... Im hoping someday to get a Bently too 8)
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-11-2014, 07:32 AM
RBH

Jamie Gershowitz is no longer with Lotus of Bethesda

Do it once. Do it right.
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-11-2014, 09:53 AM

too bad. I bought my car from him. You wonder how dealers will retain people with just a few new cars left to sell, no street-legal cars in 2015, and (trigger warning) many owners who prefer to do their own maintenance.
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-12-2014, 03:40 PM

No worries on this. I just had a long conversation with the new Lotus rep, Aaron, and he is a great guy and very passionate about lotus. He will take good care of all the DC area lotus community
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-12-2014, 04:05 PM

Garage
I suspect that Aaron is more enthusiastic about the Mercedes brand.

He has some huge shoes to fill. Jaime was phenomenally helpful.
post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-14-2014, 11:34 AM
RBH

Jamie Gershowitz upgraded to McLaren

Do it once. Do it right.
post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-20-2014, 07:08 AM

Negative Experience with Collision Center of Euro Motorcars Bethesda

A short summary first, for those who might be in the TL;DR crowd, but my full experience below. I am attempting to keep all personal feelings and opinions out (as well as names), and just state the facts as they happened, but know that I am completely dissatisfied with my experience at the Collision Center of Euro Motorcars Bethesda.

Summary: Dropped car off after a hit-and-run parking collision for repair at the Collision Center of Euro Motorcars Bethesda. After nearly 3 weeks of no communication at all from the shop, called to have car prepared for pickup so I could take it somewhere else for repair. When the car was picked up, the condition it was in was completely unacceptable. Would never recommend this company for repair and will not be returning.

Details: My 2005 Lotus Elise was involved in a hit-and-run parallel parking collision that resulted in a punctured front clamshell. I took the car to the Collision Center of Euro Motorcars Bethesda on Nicholson Lane on October 31st, 2014. The young woman doing intake at the front desk was very professional and friendly and told me that I would be contacted with an estimate shortly. Over the course of the next 18 days, I contacted Euro Motorcars on six occasions in an attempt to get this estimate. At no point did they every call me, nor return any of my calls during this time. For each call, I was given an excuse/reason why the estimate was still not ready ranging from, “That person is out of the office today”, to “The insurance company still has not gotten back to us” (of note is that I received a repair estimate and check from the insurance company on the 10th of November). The inconsistent answers to my request for the estimate, and the complete lack of contact made from their end, made me decide that I did not want to have Euro Motorcars work on the car after all. On November 19th at 9:00am I called the shop and informed them that I would be picking up the car around 5:00 that evening as I was no longer willing to wait to hear from them with an estimate. I was told that was fine, and that the car would be ready. At 4:57pm I arrived at the shop and was told they would pull the car around on the street out front. 25 minutes later, a tech finally got around to moving enough of the other cars on the lot that were blocking it in, and turned over the keys. The car was so covered in bird feces and tree litter (leaves seeds and twigs) that it was not able to be driven safely. (pictures below). After cleaning the windshield enough to return the car home, I am finally finished with Euro Motorcars forever.

post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-20-2014, 07:14 AM

Euromotor Cars' collision department is the worst. The only good thing I can say about them is they are very polite and professional as they hand over inexplicably sub par service.

'05 CO Elise Mods: Yes
'01 NFR S2000 Mods: No
post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-20-2014, 07:16 AM

Almighty, any recommendation on a place to take it for round 2?
post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-20-2014, 07:21 AM

Honestly, I haven't fixed my paint yet. I would take it back to their body shop but they would undoubtedly take 3 months to return the car.

With that said, I hear DV Autobody getting pretty good reviews. They have a good relationship with RRT racing who is very highly respected. Mind you, this is just hearsay and I have no experience with them. Auto body shop, Sterling, VA, Dulles, Collision Repair | D&V Autobody

'05 CO Elise Mods: Yes
'01 NFR S2000 Mods: No
post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-20-2014, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumilio View Post
Almighty, any recommendation on a place to take it for round 2?
I'll throw out D&V Autobody in Sterling, VA as a recommendation - I have heard nothing but stellar reviews about them from various local boards:

Auto body shop, Sterling, VA, Dulles, Collision Repair | D&V Autobody

Good luck and sorry to hear about your experience.

...and...Almighty wins by 2 minutes
post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-20-2014, 08:05 AM

Thanks to both of you for the tip, I will give them a call.
post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-20-2014, 11:38 AM
RBH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumilio View Post
Thanks to both of you for the tip, I will give them a call.
Call RRT RRT :: Performance, Tuning & Maintenance

Do it once. Do it right.
post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-26-2014, 05:19 AM

Wow - that is shocking and completely unacceptable. I was planning to take mine there for the recall work. Is this just the body shop? Or should I stray from the service dept as well?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old 11-26-2014, 06:16 AM

For body/paint work, use Auto body Craftsmen on Gude Dr in Rockville
http://www.yelp.com/biz/auto-body-craftsmen-rockville

For anything related to the track, but nothing related to the engine.. I hear RRT is good. I had less than ideal engine service from them.

For engine work, Vision Function in Gaithersburg.

'06 Stormtrooper Elise SC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Dealers/Aftermarket Suppliers Feedback

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in