LOTUS GARAGE / BRITISH RACHING GROUP complaint.. - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

LOTUS GARAGE / BRITISH RACHING GROUP complaint..

UPDATE::::::
RObert , the owner got in touch with me directly and solved the problem. I got a USPS tracking number as well for the parts.
Thank you Robert.

What HORRIBLE customer service..

What the hell is up with Britishracinggroup and Lotusgarage???
I had an order in before Thanksgiving last November 2018 and I am still waiting for two of my parts from them for my Lotus Elise. This is ludicrous. It is March already and I have been trying to get in touch with them getting the same canned response, getting no customer service whatsoever, not even a call back... Meanwhile they do have my money but I don’t have my parts ��
They should be out of business with this kind of crappy customer service. Does anyone else have this experience with them? what are my options? what do I do?

If they are on this forum, I’ve left you multiple voicemails, emails and direct messages!
Still don’t have my parts. Any update on my parts?
Order LG6300
2x Part# A116V0350F

Last edited by Christopher J Pinto; 03-06-2019 at 08:00 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 11:39 AM

They still owe me a headlight decal I ordered on Black Friday. I've given up hope of ever getting it. Will NOT order from them again.
post #3 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 01:45 PM
not your dad's puns

@Administrator

Tagging the AG guys (board owners), they may be interested in reviewing the situation.
oldmansan likes this.

because racecar

post #4 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 02:34 PM

At least 5 people got scammed by them (including me) recently. I filed a credit card dispute and I suggest you do so too.
post #5 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 07:16 AM

I thought I read or heard they had a management change recently. Apparently for the worse.

For OEM, I think Gator is still good or Deroure.
post #6 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 01:51 AM

I placed an order from them around December 3rd for 3 common items. By February I hadn't received anything but empty promises. "It shipped this week", "It should ship next week", "it's on backorder"... but didn't you tell me a month ago it shipped? I ended up filing a complaint after weeks of promised refund and eventually got my money back, ordered from another Lotus dealer and got my parts within 3 weeks (and cheaper!).

Word of caution to anyone still willing to risk purchasing through them. Use PAYPAL. That way you can file a complaint and get your money back. Most credit cards will not return your money unless it was an unauthorized charge.
post #7 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 03:49 AM

so is making a thread about it on the forum the way to get him to contact us after months of waiting and various emails sent asking about our orders?

WNC Tour Guide - WNC Drives (click me!)
'93 Vintage Red RX-7 - NA 20B
'06 Chili Red Exige - RIP 2017.12.01
'06 Ardent Red Exige Katana2 - try this again
post #8 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 04:33 AM
The Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lt1_fd3s View Post
so is making a thread about it on the forum the way to get him to contact us after months of waiting and various emails sent asking about our orders?
Personally, I'd say no, as it isn't producing results that I can see. If I were in your shoes I'd seek reimbursement for any charges incurred. That's my personal opinion.

The moderators have asked the forum administrators for additional information concerning this vendor. We have not received a response yet.

San
lt1_fd3s likes this.

#8 Metric Allen Key, Plastic Carpet Buttons, Never Been on Fire
post #9 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 05:19 AM

YES! I ordered a part on Jan 24 and still don't have it. Rebecca, from after sales/parts department, has responded (albeit slowly) when I've emailed. The first response was to say that the part is "in route to our warehouse". The next response was "for some reason it wasn't part of the shipment to them, as expected" and she didn't know why?

I see from other replies that this company is unreliable and problematic. In this case my order was for a $1.80 part plus $10 shipping; so, worst case, I'm out $11.80. I will request a refund and see what happens???
post #10 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 12:53 PM

I have a similar story as everyone else...

12/16 - order placed
1/2 - emailed asking about my order and received a response that the factory had shut down and the parts would ship this week
1/21 - emailed again and was told the parts shipped out last week and would arrive at their warehouse on the 22nd
2/4 - emailed and no response
2/13 - emailed and left voicemail with no response
2/14 - PM'd LotusGarage on this forum and got no response
2/20 - emailed telling them to cancel my order and refund my card if the parts have not yet been shipped to me
3/3 - sent email giving them two days to refund before I dispute the charge
3/3 - received response from Rebecca an hour later saying that she would pass my email on to the office to issue a refund and that my part would be placed in inventory ()
3/7 - refund not issued so I sent another email giving them 1 day before I dispute the charge
3/8 - refund still not issued

1970 Europa S2 Carnival Red
2005 Elise Krypton Green
post #11 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 03:36 PM

The owner of LG/BRG replied to a similar post on a lotus facebook group yesterday, one that I can no longer find - he says that he's been ill for the past several months and that the ball has dropped in his absence. He had a pretty in-depth explanation, wish I could find it. He also responded to several peoples' inquiries about their order status on that post. Hoping that the situation improves, I too have an order from early jan that has yet to be fulfilled, and status update requests go unresponded.
post #12 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmansan View Post
Personally, I'd say no, as it isn't producing results that I can see. If I were in your shoes I'd seek reimbursement for any charges incurred. That's my personal opinion.

The moderators have asked the forum administrators for additional information concerning this vendor. We have not received a response yet.

San
I respectfully disagree, Lotus owners in our community must know what is going on so they do not get scammed or have a bad experience.
post #13 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapps View Post
I have a similar story as everyone else...

12/16 - order placed
1/2 - emailed asking about my order and received a response that the factory had shut down and the parts would ship this week
1/21 - emailed again and was told the parts shipped out last week and would arrive at their warehouse on the 22nd
2/4 - emailed and no response
2/13 - emailed and left voicemail with no response
2/14 - PM'd LotusGarage on this forum and got no response
2/20 - emailed telling them to cancel my order and refund my card if the parts have not yet been shipped to me
3/3 - sent email giving them two days to refund before I dispute the charge
3/3 - received response from Rebecca an hour later saying that she would pass my email on to the office to issue a refund and that my part would be placed in inventory ()
3/7 - refund not issued so I sent another email giving them 1 day before I dispute the charge
3/8 - refund still not issued
Wow, that sounds extremely similar from what I experienced but from November.. Still trying to get my money back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varun916 View Post
The owner of LG/BRG replied to a similar post on a lotus facebook group yesterday, one that I can no longer find - he says that he's been ill for the past several months and that the ball has dropped in his absence. He had a pretty in-depth explanation, wish I could find it. He also responded to several peoples' inquiries about their order status on that post. Hoping that the situation improves, I too have an order from early jan that has yet to be fulfilled, and status update requests go unresponded.
Yeah, I saw that, I believe that post got deleted.
post #14 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-08-2019, 06:04 PM
The Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alau99 View Post
I respectfully disagree, Lotus owners in our community must know what is going on so they do not get scammed or have a bad experience.
I think you misunderstand my answer to the question, or maybe the question itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lt1_fd3s View Post
My answer wasn't meant to dissuade anyone from doing that, but rather that IMHO, as it isn't producing results, I'd seek reimbursement instead (or both if you like). Again, that is my personal opinion.

There are at least 5 current threads on this topic. Those that have threatened to dispute the charges or actually disputed the charges have fared the best in my opinion. Others have largely been ignored.

@Administrator The moderators have asked the forum administrators for additional information concerning this vendor. We have not received a response yet.

Nothing would make me happier than to add other pertinent details, but I'm waiting for the additional information from the forum administrators before I can proceed.

San

#8 Metric Allen Key, Plastic Carpet Buttons, Never Been on Fire
post #15 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 08:37 AM

Unfortunately, my experiences are essentially the same as posts in this thread.
Since Nov. 2017, I have had back-ordered parts that I have made payment on for a Lotus V8 Esprit and a 2 Eleven that total to over $3,000.
For over one year I have been trying to secure a refund without success.
Intermittently, I have received a sporadic communication from Rebecca or Craig committing to a refund but nothing is followed through.
Be very careful in conducting business with BRG/Lotus Garage.
Doug Brown
post #16 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 09:51 AM
2005 Graphite Grey Elise

Same experience here with an early january 2019 order.

I have not even been able to get an email response from them period.
post #17 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-09-2019, 09:18 PM
Hey

Currently going through the same thing as everyone else. Will never order from them again.

Id recommend lotus parts online instead. Ive ordered multiple times from them in the meantime and have received everything in a timely fashion.
Auto Europe and alau99 like this.
post #18 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 01:16 AM

Just a warning to all:

Most credit card dispute/charge back periods are only 30-90 days from purchase date.

If by the time your dispute date is coming to a close and they haven’t gotten back to you or given you a generic “it’s in the mail” or “processing”, don’t wait to file the dispute. At that point the burden of proof will fall on them to provide the credit card company with tracking or some proof of shipment. Should they just ignore the CC company, you’ll get your money back 100%.
alau99 likes this.
post #19 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 06:50 PM

Same situation. I emailed them to make sure the parts were still available from Lotus. I got a response from a "Rebecca." So I felt good as she was able to give me lead times. So just like you guys multiple emails and no response. Parts for our cars are hard enough to come by at it is. They need to be taken off here. I my thirty years or so of buying pars online I have only been burned twice. Sadly this is the second time.
post #20 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 04:07 AM

Same situation for me as well. I placed an order for Tillet seats and carbon door panels in July of 2018. This was a gift to myself for my 50th birthday. I am in for $3800. I kept being told they were being shipped. Total scam. I filed a credit dispute but the card has been charged months ago. Communication has completely dropped from Rebecca and Robert. Very upsetting. We will likely never see our merchandise or a refund.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Dealers/Aftermarket Suppliers Feedback

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in