LOTUS GARAGE / BRITISH RACHING GROUP complaint.. - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 06:34 PM

Same here as well luckily it was an inexpensive item
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-15-2019, 02:20 PM
The Enforcer

BritishRacingGroup/LotusGarage

This forum has terminated their relationship with BritishRacingGroup/LotusGarage. Any and all disputes will need to be addressed with the vendor directly.

San
2012Evora likes this.

#8 Metric Allen Key, Plastic Carpet Buttons
post #23 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 03:08 PM

I'd also suggest submitting a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I have a feeling they are intentionally still taking orders and not fulfilling them and making a profit due to some 'forgiving' buyers not filing for refunds. If you make a complaint with the BBB they will respond, assuming it is still a legitimate business and not a complete scam.

post #24 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-21-2019, 04:35 PM

LOL @ the BBB suggestions, the BBB is the real scam, you can pay to remove complaints etc. It has not been relevant for a decade.
Julian73 and REKIII like this.

2007 Exige S with almost every track mod...
post #25 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 07:24 AM

Anyone know how good PayPal is in getting your money back?
post #26 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 05:12 AM

PayPal is great with getting your money back as long as you're still within their problem resolution window, which I believe is 90 days. The seller has to prove that it shipped and had been delivered to you. I won't make an internet purchase to an untrusted site (i.e. one I don't have experience with) who doesn't take PayPal for this reason. Glad I did with this vendor.
post #27 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 07:10 PM

PayPal got back to me. They couldn't "obtain additional information" So in 30 days I should get my money back. I really hope the word gets out and no one else gets burned by these people.
post #28 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-26-2019, 01:12 PM

They still owe me a left signal light. Same here with one excuse after another. Been on order for over 10 months. Last message about a month ago was that the backorders were being filled but to date no light and worst yet no response. How did y'all get in touch with Robert directly? Thanks, Lonnie
post #29 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 05:46 PM

Garage
Have a big order with them since November.
Had random sporadic mails and messenger posts from them.
Now just silence after a week.
And the BRG website is now down.

F*****
post #30 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 02:46 AM

The parts manager from Lotus Stratton sent me letter (in the mail) about BRG and issues related to orders placed with them. If you had an issue (or still have an issue) contact Lotus' parts manager, Robert Chapman, at [email protected]. His phone number is "Tel 01508 530491"

Glad to see someone from Lotus is actually addressing this problem.
Scott M likes this.
post #31 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-08-2019, 06:14 AM

Garage
FYI: I may have been one of the last LG/BRG customers to actually get the contents of my order (months late). It was fulfilled from Stratton Motor Company.
post #32 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-10-2019, 10:34 PM

Garage
Just an update,
I Too got the letter from Stratton Motor Company and the person, Robert Chapman, has been very clear and is helping fufill my order.
They too have not been able to communicate with LG/BRG.

Also, I managed to get a reply from LG on FB saying that they are willing to cancel and refund the order.
Also that Robert Konick is physically unwell.
I am pursuing the refund on both sides and will update what happens.
Kubera and Scott M like this.
post #33 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 08:50 AM
Supporting Vendor

I just spoke with Robert as a friend. I have known Robert since 2005 and can vouch for his support to this community. He is suffering serious health issues due to the lingering effects of getting rear ended in his Elise many years ago. It was a horrific crash and pictures of his annihilated Lotus are seared into my memory. I know for a fact that his health has suffered ever since then as we have discussed it over the years.

From my conversation with him, he is really upset how this has negatively impacted many of you. He is intent on rectifying matters. I am not trying to make excuses for Robert but I would ask you guys to give him some slack.

I encourage all of you to request refunds from your payment channels.
Turbopun and Julian73 like this.

InoKinetic - Tasty Bits for Your Lotus

BlackShadow Motors - Niche Car Sales, Service & Restoration

Email or call (951)296-6762 us for advice. We will respond!
post #34 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinoo View Post
I just spoke with Robert as a friend. I have known Robert since 2005 and can vouch for his support to this community. He is suffering serious health issues due to the lingering effects of getting rear ended in his Elise many years ago. It was a horrific crash and pictures of his annihilated Lotus are seared into my memory. I know for a fact that his health has suffered ever since then as we have discussed it over the years.

From my conversation with him, he is really upset how this has negatively impacted many of you. He is intent on rectifying matters. I am not trying to make excuses for Robert but I would ask you guys to give him some slack.

I encourage all of you to request refunds from your payment channels.
While I have empathy for Robert in his situation, as I'm sure many do, this actually IS making excuses for him.

If you're running a business, your customers don't owe you anything other than their money for your services or product. Not their loyalty, not their sympathy --- nothing. If they DO, that's just a bonus but it is not how this works. Harsh? Yes, of course. But since we're all on a Lotus car forum this audience should be no stranger to the taste left in the back of our mouths when suckling at the teat of capitalism. Businesses don't get to ask for slack from their customers or communities when businesses aren't required to have allegiance to anybody but their shareholders and their bottom lines --- and customers need not pledge fealty to them in return. To be clear, I'm not, in this instance, making a value judgement on this arrangement at all. But if this is the game we're playing then thems be the rules.

I wish Robert well, I really do. But the fact still remains that Lotus Garage / British Racing Group, as a company, was paid for product and said product was not delivered. That is, as it should be, all that customers care about. End of story.

Thinking of K-swapping? Here's an idea of the cost involved.

2006 LOTUS EXIGE (ASPEN WHITE) Honda K24A2 + MPx90 supercharger. 322whp/271lb-ft @13psi. Build thread here.
1994 AUTOZAM AZ-1 MAZDASPEED Japanese Super Kei!
2014 FIAT 500e Hydroelectric powered EV daily driver.
2007 SUZUKI SV650 Track bike.

Last edited by Butters; 04-11-2019 at 09:49 AM.
post #35 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 11:25 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Evora View Post
The parts manager from Lotus Stratton sent me letter (in the mail) about BRG and issues related to orders placed with them. If you had an issue (or still have an issue) contact Lotus' parts manager, Robert Chapman, at [email protected]. His phone number is "Tel 01508 530491"

Glad to see someone from Lotus is actually addressing this problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vodoxus View Post
Just an update,
I Too got the letter from Stratton Motor Company and the person, Robert Chapman, has been very clear and is helping fufill my order.
They too have not been able to communicate with LG/BRG.

Also, I managed to get a reply from LG on FB saying that they are willing to cancel and refund the order.
Also that Robert Konick is physically unwell.
I am pursuing the refund on both sides and will update what happens.

I also received a letter from Stratton Motor Company. I was able to get a refund from my credit card company for the BRG order and have since purchased the parts from Stratton. The package is on the way to me now via UPS.
post #36 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 11:28 AM

I agree with Butters.

If he was unable to do his job due to health issues, stop taking orders. I messaged rob a few times on facebook and have been very understanding of delays. I placed my order in november. he could have cancelled my order at any time. but instead i followed up and made sure i paid for some parts that were listed to be billed later.

Incase I'm asking for help with something: 2011 Evora N/A C/R 6sp with BOE TVS 1900 S/C kit
post #37 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Z View Post
I agree with Butters.

If he was unable to do his job due to health issues, stop taking orders. I messaged rob a few times on facebook and have been very understanding of delays. I placed my order in november. he could have cancelled my order at any time. but instead i followed up and made sure i paid for some parts that were listed to be billed later.
John,

Yes, it would have be best if Robert could respond despite his health issues, but on the flip side his health issues could be so debilitating that it prevented him from any interaction. So, while I understand your position, I have difficulty condemning Robert without knowing the severity and extent of his health.

Kiyoshi

P.S. For full transparency, I know Robert personally and know that in his heart he means no ill on anyone. That he's unable to respond says much about the challenges he's been facing and continues to battle.

Lotus events in California - www.gglotus.org
post #38 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khamai View Post
John,

Yes, it would have be best if Robert could respond despite his health issues, but on the flip side his health issues could be so debilitating that it prevented him from any interaction. So, while I understand your position, I have difficulty condemning Robert without knowing the severity and extent of his health.

Kiyoshi

P.S. For full transparency, I know Robert personally and know that in his heart he means no ill on anyone. That he's unable to respond says much about the challenges he's been facing and continues to battle.
That's the thing, though... Responding wouldn't have been the best. The best would have been to stop taking orders the company couldn't make good on and cancel/refund the pending ones. That's great that he means no ill-will upon anyone, but people can't take refunds to the bank from his good will. His well-meaning doesn't excuse the run-around, delays, and misleading/false information given to customers. If his condition is indeed that bad, he needs to either have someone run the business for him properly, or stop it down until the time comes when he can do so himself.

Thinking of K-swapping? Here's an idea of the cost involved.

2006 LOTUS EXIGE (ASPEN WHITE) Honda K24A2 + MPx90 supercharger. 322whp/271lb-ft @13psi. Build thread here.
1994 AUTOZAM AZ-1 MAZDASPEED Japanese Super Kei!
2014 FIAT 500e Hydroelectric powered EV daily driver.
2007 SUZUKI SV650 Track bike.
post #39 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khamai View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Z View Post
I agree with Butters.

John,

Kiyoshi

But I did chat with him. Multiple times up to the day of me canceling my order where I told him I didn't want to but how could I not?

Incase I'm asking for help with something: 2011 Evora N/A C/R 6sp with BOE TVS 1900 S/C kit
post #40 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 05:53 PM

Just to make my point clear, there's no doubt that there may have been better ways to handle the situation, I'm just simply saying there's likely a lot more to this story than we know, things that perhaps made it near impossible for Robert to deal with his business.

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

Lotus events in California - www.gglotus.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Dealers/Aftermarket Suppliers Feedback

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in