LOTUS GARAGE / BRITISH RACHING GROUP complaint.. - Page 3 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 06:47 PM
The Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by khamai View Post
Just to make my point clear, there's no doubt that there may have been better ways to handle the situation, I'm just simply saying there's likely a lot more to this story than we know, things that perhaps made it near impossible for Robert to deal with his business.

Cheers,
Kiyoshi
First of all, this is San the forum member. You're correct that there's more to this story than "most" know, but it's a sword that cuts both ways. The post that was made concerning Robert's health on Facebook was quickly removed, with no explanation. The business was portrayed to be something it simply wasn't, and it didn't take a detective to figure out what was really going on.

I've already posted all that I'll discuss about this, and it only covered things that anyone here could have found on their own. In the end, a choice had to made as to whether this forum could have a relationship with a vendor that was charging customers for goods and services that were never delivered, and to add insult to injury, wouldn't communicate with those customers, but continued to take new orders. Some customers were/are out thousands of dollars, and have been for a long time. Some were able to resolve their situation only because of their ingenuity.

Nobody involved in this is happy about the outcome, but a decision had to be made. In my opinion the forum staff made the right decision (moderators are not forum staff).

Despite anyone's personal relationship with Robert, can you condone the behavior that took place?

San
Turbopun likes this.

#8 Metric Allen Key, Plastic Carpet Buttons
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmansan View Post
First of all, this is San the forum member. You're correct that there's more to this story than "most" know, but it's a sword that cuts both ways. The post that was made concerning Robert's health on Facebook was quickly removed, with no explanation. The business was portrayed to be something it simply wasn't, and it didn't take a detective to figure out what was really going on.

I've already posted all that I'll discuss about this, and it only covered things that anyone here could have found on their own. In the end, a choice had to made as to whether this forum could have a relationship with a vendor that was charging customers for goods and services that were never delivered, and to add insult to injury, wouldn't communicate with those customers, but continued to take new orders. Some customers were/are out thousands of dollars, and have been for a long time. Some were able to resolve their situation only because of their ingenuity.

Nobody involved in this is happy about the outcome, but a decision had to be made. In my opinion the forum staff made the right decision (moderators are not forum staff).

Despite anyone's personal relationship with Robert, can you condone the behavior that took place?

San
San,

As an ex-mod of this forum, let me first say, thank you!

Next, were I a mod I would have recommended the same action taken by the forum.

Finally, I never stated I condoned the Robert's actions. I support the actions that those posting on this thread were forced to take to recover their monies and obtain their goods. My point is that Robert is going through an unimaginable time. I simply believe that if Robert could have done differently he would have.

So, flame away folks...

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

Lotus events in California - www.gglotus.org
post #43 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 10:32 PM
The Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by khamai View Post
San,

As an ex-mod of this forum, let me first say, thank you!

Next, were I a mod I would have recommended the same action taken by the forum.

Finally, I never stated I condoned the Robert's actions. I support the actions that those posting on this thread were forced to take to recover their monies and obtain their goods. My point is that Robert is going through an unimaginable time. I simply believe that if Robert could have done differently he would have.

So, flame away folks...

Cheers,
Kiyoshi
You're very welcome!

Bear in mind the moderators here only presented what we researched, discussed and then provided to the forum staff. The moderators were not privy to any of the actions taken by the forum staff. We were only informed of the decision, and I asked to relay the decision to the forum members as soon as possible. The moderators wanted to be as transparent as possible, while still protecting the confidentiality of privileged conversations.

I certainly didn't mean to imply anyone here condoned Robert's actions. I don't know what Robert is or isn't going through. The Facebook post that addressed health concerns was quickly removed. Given the less than honest representation of the business, locations, staff, etc., I don't believe anything posted, especially when it disappears without any explanation.

No flames intended. This wasn't a pleasant situation for anyone involved. In a perfect world there would have been a slap on the hand and the insistence that the wrongs be righted. Unfortunately I think the vendor was over his head.

San

post #44 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-12-2019, 02:54 PM

Something that doesn't add up..

Was the idea for brg to not pay Stratton and not really screw the customer? Because Stratton had my order and I just received it.. were they hoping they would send out the orders to the customers even tho they weren't paid yet?

Incase I'm asking for help with something: 2011 Evora N/A C/R 6sp with BOE TVS 1900 S/C kit
post #45 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 07:25 AM
not your dad's puns

I have to imagine that there are legal and/or fiduciary implications. In our modern JIT, drop-shipped, virtual-warehouse world, I no longer know how any of this stuff really works.

For example, what if Stratton was floating LG/BRG a line of credit for good-faith orders, and they would eventually be on the hook anyway, say, if he declared personal bankruptcy, and they were the "guarantors", or something like that?

(my idle speculation is worth exactly what you paid for it )

because racecar
post #46 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-13-2019, 01:08 PM
Tire abuser

Garage
Looks like I "only" got screwed out of $103 by BRG. Order placed in Jan, one inquiry reply from "Rebecca" a month ago, then silence.

Guess I will search elsewhere for parts.

'06 Arctic Silver Elise | Touring |Traction Control |Supercharged | ST exhaust | Nitron singles | BWR anti-sway bar | RTD brace | V2 Arms | SS brake lines | Harness bar and Schroth harnesses | sys.6.pack |shifter reinforced | Ultralite lines | cup air box | Sport inserts | DBW Pedals | TALLrails | Team Dynamics 1.2's | TOC Oil Pan | ProRad | FW Torque tune | BOE surge tank and catch can | Radium Clam Kit
post #47 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 05:38 PM
glb

I've known Robert for over 10 yrs. He is a generous, charming fellow who has earned my respect.

I'd be surprised if anyone has met Robert and didn't really like him.

He was in a terrible accident in his Elise yrs ago (not his fault; he wasn't even moving IIRC) and may be suffering some health issues due to that traumatic event.

He has helped many, many Lotus owners. I've not heard a bad word among them.

Look, I know it's frustrating being in your positions.

But, I am asking that you allow Robert as much time and leeway as you can muster. He has made this community better (he also organizes events) and I imagine he will in the future.

OK? Please.

05 elise (BOE Rev300 supercharged, SSRs, shift tower mods, Multivex; HID hi/low beams); 05 Corolla XRS

Driving Tips-https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f100...art-1-a-49665/
Moss Emergency Line-https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f100...cy-line-36631/
Safely Piercing Wires-https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f129...esting-106438/
Bleeding Brakes- https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f101...-brakes-241138
post #48 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-15-2019, 06:01 PM
The Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glb View Post
I've known Robert for over 10 yrs. He is a generous, charming fellow who has earned my respect.

I'd be surprised if anyone has met Robert and didn't really like him.

He was in a terrible accident in his Elise yrs ago (not his fault; he wasn't even moving IIRC) and may be suffering some health issues due to that traumatic event.

He has helped many, many Lotus owners. I've not heard a bad word among them.

Look, I know it's frustrating being in your positions.

But, I am asking that you allow Robert as much time and leeway as you can muster. He has made this community better (he also organizes events) and I imagine he will in the future.

OK? Please.
Highlighted in red above. I don't think you've been listening to the forum members here or on the other sites.

Some here have lost thousands of dollars. It doesn't matter if the owner is healthy or not, it doesn't excuse charging for goods/services that never arrive. That's a crime. Some have waited more than a year. They deserve the good/services or their money back. It isn't like they've been contacted and asked to be patient. They've been ignored. I have to wonder if you'd feel the same if you were one of the unfortunate forum members that were taken advantage of.

San
Butters, Kubera and BruinBears like this.

post #49 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 03:45 AM

I would like to reiterate what San has expressed in the most recent post.
In November 2017, I made payment for over $3,000 for the purchase of parts with BRG for a Lotus V8 Esprit and 2 Eleven.
According to Robert Konick, the "back ordered" parts would be all deliverable within several weeks.
For over one year I kept receiving promises that the parts would be delivered.
In mid-2018 I finally gave up and have been diligently trying to secure a refund ever since.
Unfortunately, there were only sporadic responses from Robert, Rebecca and an individual named Craig promising to refund my monies.
While it is unfortunate that Robert has had "health issues", this cannot obviate that the practices of BRG were criminal.
Perhaps a class action lawsuit is in oder.
Doug Brown
post #50 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 08:35 AM

On a facebook post yesterday it was stated that the UK side of British Racing Group would be handling things such as feeling orders. However, there was not a link to touch base with that branch. Can anyone please provide a way to reach them? Thanks, Lonnie
post #51 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-18-2019, 11:13 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deet3450 View Post
On a facebook post yesterday it was stated that the UK side of British Racing Group would be handling things such as feeling orders. However, there was not a link to touch base with that branch. Can anyone please provide a way to reach them? Thanks, Lonnie
I am assuming the post is referring to the company in the UK that was fulfilling orders: Stratton Motor Company. You can contact the Lotus' parts manager, Robert Chapman, at [email protected]. His phone number is "Tel 01508 530491"

Keep in mind that Stratton was not paid by BRG for the parts, so you will need to get a refund from your credit card company and then pay Stratton in order to receive your parts. I did this and successfully received my parts in a few days.
post #52 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 12:47 PM

Thanks I will get a refund as you suggested then email Robert. Scott should I give him the history or just the part request? Thanks for the help. Lonnie
post #53 of 53 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 10:53 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deet3450 View Post
Thanks I will get a refund as you suggested then email Robert. Scott should I give him the history or just the part request? Thanks for the help. Lonnie
Pass along your BRG Order number to Robert at Stratton
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Dealers/Aftermarket Suppliers Feedback

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

« Help lotus garage | - »