4Likes
  • 1 Post By Kevin Michael
  • 1 Post By PLAY-DOH
  • 1 Post By TachItUp
  • 1 Post By Verichai

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-15-2016, 02:28 AM Thread Starter

Lotus of West Covina

I am not sure if this is the right category to post this query, but has anyone had any experience, good, bad or indifferent, purchasing OEM parts mail order from Lotus of West Covina? Their parts website in lotuspartsdirect.com. They seem to have the best prices. Many thanks for any insights!

Kevin
desertlotusJim likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-15-2016, 03:26 AM

Garage
It was a great experience for me and also a quick delivery time even all the way on the right coast

2011 Lotus Evora N/A Quartz Silver
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-15-2016, 05:45 AM

I just ordered some stuff and was told it would be 10-14 business days without any further explanation. After asking why, it turns out the parts are coming from the UK. The communication was fine, but I wish they had told me that up front. I probably would have looked elsewhere.

2005 Elise - Storm Titanium

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-15-2016, 06:44 AM

They are a great dealer.

2005 Nightfall Blue Elise: Sport, Touring, Quantum Zeros, Pro Alloy, BWR De-Cat, Stage II, BOE Torque200 tune
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-15-2016, 06:47 AM

Garage
I was not impressed with their customer service, I did eventually get the parts I ordered but the communication was lacking. I got the sense that the people I was dealing with didn't know much more than I did.

I much prefer to order from Robert at British Racing Group. Phenomenal service and communication. You can email him at [email protected]
Abe likes this.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-15-2016, 06:38 PM

Garage
I ordered before no issues

'05 Lotus Elise Magnetic Blue
'02 Toyota MR-2 Spyder
'17 Mazda Miata MX-5 RF
'19 Acura RDX A-Specs
'09 Mini Cooper S

Tech Library!
http://wiki.seloc.org/a/Category:S2
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-15-2016, 08:24 PM

Garage
Ordered mirror and FOB transmitter - Good although slow communication, the transmitter never arrived, and was credited.

Here is the problem: Their website DOES NOT reflect the inventory! So you pay, than after 2 weeks you'll hear if they can get it for you, or you'll get refund.

Can't do much of a plans.

Also no back-order option - they'll ask you to check again later (not sure how, as the website doesn't shows updated inventory).

After the transmitter was canceled, I tried to order from 2 other websites and the same thing happened again - Still looking to purchase transmitter.

Yes: for safe transaction. No: for no inventory.

PS their sales manager is in the Lotus Talk, and can be helpful for questions.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-17-2016, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

Thanks very much for all the input. I did work with Robert at BRG and he was very helpful and I plan to continue to look to him. But I'll try out West Covina as well, just to keep my options open.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-18-2016, 02:07 PM

Folks

Below is my first (and probably last) experience with Lotus of West Covina.

I gave them a small order for some small parts that I needed, just to test the waters. My intent was that if they did well, I would use them for a larger order that I am getting ready to place.

Two of the reasons I decided to try Lotus of West Covina were because of the good reviews they had on this site, and because they are relatively close to me (~350 miles).

So far, it has been seven weeks (48 days) since I placed the order, and still no parts. Is this typical for Lotus dealers? If not, who are the good ones?

May 31, 2016 Placed Order
Please allow 2-4 working days for shipment of your order. Most orders will be shipped from our stock within 24 hours, though some special order items may take up to 14 days. If we can not meet this time frame, we will contact you.

June 01, 2016 Order Update
I have received and begun processing your order. Your parts are on order from my warehouse and are expected to arrive in about 10 business days. As soon as your parts arrive they will ship out immediately.

July 6, 2016 Email (from me to Ashley at Lotus of West Covina)
Do you have an update for me as to when I will receive this order? On June 1, you wrote that you expected the parts in about 10 business days it has now been about 25 business days and I have not received the parts nor heard from you.

July 6, 2016 Email (from Ashley at Lotus of West Covina to me)
Currently I am waiting on a few screws part number: A116W5258F X 3
I can ship what is here and then when those screws arrive they can ship out on there own. Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

I failed to mention one more part number we are waiting on in the previous e-mail.

July 6 Email (from me to Ashley at Lotus of West Covina)
No, I would prefer that it was all sent at one time. Do you have an ETA for the screws and nylon pieces.

Lotus got back to me and they are actually shipping these out today so I should have these early next week and then ship your full order out to you.

As of today, July 18, no further updates from anyone at Lotus of West Covina and no package.

Thanks!

-- Mike
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-19-2016, 03:27 AM

You can be happy or disappointed. It's a matter of your expectations.

I've used them many time the past 18 months. The ordering process is easy. The price is usually quite competitive. Some times they don't have the part in stock. I don't expect them to stock everything. When it's not in stock, they are clear about the potential delay, and offer to split the shipment at their cost (for multiple parts), or refund the payment. I order not expecting to get a part in a short time so I'm not disappointed.

If I need the part immediately, I'd look elsewhere and pay the premium. So far, that's not been necessary.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 06:36 AM

Looks like the online parts departments all get their stuff out of England, so it is pretty much a normal shipping delay. Covina is on the west coast and looks like they pull their stuff in house then ship out whereas Lotusgarage ships straight out of England

Ordered from covina 6/9/2016
Received 7/20/2016
good communication.
I am on the east coast so there is near a week travel time

Lotusgarage was a bit over 3 weeks from order to delivery

I have figured out that my local dealer does well via email, so i will probably use them going forward, since when I have needed things the answer has been 'in stock' and 'here in a week' which they both were. Lotusgarage and Covina have the nifty online system which means you do not have to look all the parts up and can pretty much tell if they things will be available.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-27-2016, 01:03 AM

I had many good experiences (three in a row) with Lotus of West Covina, Maybe just lucky.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-27-2016, 11:07 AM

Folks

An update:

I followed up with Ashley at Lotus of West Covina again on July 21 still no joy.

I followed up with Ashley at Lotus of West Covina again today.

Also, all of these parts were supposedly in-stock with Lotus.

I know a lot of you had problems with My Lotus Garage, but in my experience found them more responsive and easier to deal with than Lotus of West Covina.

For what it is worth, that large order I mentioned, well I placed it with Dino at Gator Motorsports what a difference! I placed the order on July 21, Dino received the parts yesterday, and is shipping them to Jon Vo at Trackspec Autosports for me today.

What a difference!

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Dealers/Aftermarket Suppliers Feedback

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in