Midwestern Auto Group (MAG) Columbus, OH - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-09-2013, 09:59 AM Thread Starter

Midwestern Auto Group (MAG) Columbus, OH

I just got the oil line recall done on my 05 Elise and wanted to share my experience. I took my car to Midwestern Auto Group in Columbus, OH which is my closest dealer at 1.5 hour drive. The scheduling was easy even though I had to wait a couple weeks before they could get me in. They have been busy doing quite a few oil line recalls, as I'm sure most Lotus shops are right now. They gave me a loaner car free of charge so I was able to drive the Elise there myself to drop it off and have a ride back home. I dropped it off at 9AM and had a voicemail at 9:45 the next morning that the car was done. Since it only took 1 day, I assumed they were able to replace the fittings without removing the clam. To my surprise, the oil cooler had to be replaced because the fittings were seized on the cooler which meant they had to take the clam off too. All in all, I am pretty happy with my experience at MAG. I got the recalls (they also did the ECU reflash) done in one day and got a free loaner car! Now just crossing my fingers that the fixed oil lines don't leak.

My experience with MAG was great and I would recommend them at least to anyone needing to get the oil line recall work done in Ohio.

-Loris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-09-2013, 11:28 AM

Garage
I took my Exige to MAG for the oil line recall two weeks ago and had the same experience. Car was done in a day, but had to schedule my appointment a couple weeks in advance due to all the recall work going on there. Got a loaner car when I dropped off the Exige and came back to get the car the following afternoon. They also had to remove my front clam due to seized fittings, but it was all no charge to me. They even cleaned the car up nice afterwards and it looked fantastic! All in all, very good experience.

'08 Lotus Exige Club Racer (#1 of 20)
'95 Ferrari F355 Berlinetta 6spd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Dealers/Aftermarket Suppliers Feedback

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in