Monkey Wrench Racing Amazing customer service ! - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-20-2013, 11:53 AM Thread Starter

Monkey Wrench Racing Amazing customer service !

I called every shop you could imagine trying to locate a throttle cable for my Elise which broke last autocross; this couldn't have come at a worse time, as a two day divisional event is this coming weekend. The team at MWR pulled the one from their shop car to insure I could make this weekends event ! This level of Service is something severely lacking in the industry today , I can't express enough my gratitude to MWR.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-20-2013, 12:19 PM

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-20-2013, 01:09 PM

Forgive him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus F1 View Post
LMAO
E46 is a newbie!

[B]05 Lotus Elise REV400, Stage II, BWR TB, OBX header, Moroso Oil Pan, RTD Brace, PRoAlloy Radiator, SS Break Lines, S111 Oil Catch Can, ACT HDC, Carbon Fiber Spliter, GRP Side Scoops, CF side skirts, , S111 front & rear tow hooks, tail lights-LED, Driving lights, Allitech, CF interior, 2010 Exige Spoiler, Lotus shop Seats, RA clam, Light Flywheel, ATI pulley, 2010 Exige Cup mirrors

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-20-2013, 02:05 PM

Yay they can ship parts they have in stock

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

DIY 2007 Exige S K20A2 C38 Rotrex

Www.onetonracing.com
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-20-2013, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiged View Post
Yay they can ship parts they have in stock

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Amazing isn't it
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-20-2013, 02:27 PM

LMAO. MWR and anything positive cannot be in the same sentence!
E46 you have a very long road ahead of you if your going to work with them
Hahaha

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-20-2013, 08:15 PM Thread Starter

MWR

Just sharing my experience / no one has these in stock in the country ( I checked) sector 111 was of zero help, and suggested I contact a dealer ( no shi* I didn't think to call a dealer .... the guys at MWR actually worked to help me out ,not check parts catalog and say " we don't sell that".
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-20-2013, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46hamannm3 View Post
Just sharing my experience / no one has these in stock in the country ( I checked) sector 111 was of zero help, and suggested I contact a dealer ( no shi* I didn't think to call a dealer .... the guys at MWR actually worked to help me out ,not check parts catalog and say " we don't sell that".
It's nice that they helped you. Unfortunately your gushing thread title and sentiment is not shared by some who have been heavily burned by them. Take their little good dead with a grain of salt. One good dead does not wipe out the many bad ones. Just be careful with them
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-10-2013, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46hamannm3 View Post
I called every shop you could imagine trying to locate a throttle cable for my Elise which broke last autocross; this couldn't have come at a worse time, as a two day divisional event is this coming weekend. The team at MWR pulled the one from their shop car to insure I could make this weekends event ! This level of Service is something severely lacking in the industry today , I can't express enough my gratitude to MWR.
Thanks for the kind words. That cable is out of our blue 05; seemed like a worthwhile job to pull the throttle cable out so somebody else could go racing for the weekend. I have checked with every US source and a couple overseas and it looks like we may be waiting a little while for our replacement :O They're still on order.

This is the second throttle cable I've heard of failing this season so once the supply returns we will probably start stocking these. Kind of a strange part to fail on relatively stock low mile cars.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-10-2013, 04:53 PM

I've had nothing but positive experiences with MWR. Most of my engine came from them, and they've always given excellent customer service.

Matt has personally answered some random tuning questions I emailed him, and has always done so promptly. When there was a slight issue with something I ordered they called to let me know.

Since ordering from them in the past, lately I've been doing a bit of work for Turbo Lab in Orem, UT. Pretty much any time we work on a Lotus engine we get our parts from MWR because of their pricing and service.

So I'll also add a thanks to Matt and the MWR crew.

-Jeff D.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-10-2013, 04:56 PM

Thanks!

Also, I try to mention every now and then that I can't get on the forums as much as I'd like so if any of you ever need anything it's quickest to email us at info (at) monkeywrenchracing (dot) com or give us a call at 248-624-9820. I spend at least a couple of hours a day answering email and phone messages and am always happy to help with questions whether they relate to our products or not.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-10-2013, 04:59 PM

My experiences with MWR have always been positive, Thanks !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Dealers/Aftermarket Suppliers Feedback

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in