My Lotus Garage, not so good anymore - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-25-2015, 09:39 AM Thread Starter

My Lotus Garage, not so good anymore

Ordered from them in the past and had my part in less than two weeks. I was a happy customer. So when I decided to freshen up a couple of parts, I ordered from them again. This time has not been a good experience. Timeline so far below. Notice, they have the parts and just won't ship.

July 7
Parts ordered

No status update from mylotusgarage.com

July 27
Sent message through website requesting status information, no response

July 30
Sent followup message through website requesting information.

August 12
Received response that parts arrived, but they were unable to ship the hazmat item due to improper packaging and were waiting for a response from Lotus.

September 9
Sent another request for update, no response.

September 12

October 13

November 4
Sent another request for update. Still no update.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-25-2015, 10:12 AM
Such moderate

Garage
Ouch, that's a long wait!

Maybe they can explain...

@MyLOTUSGarage.com
post #3 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-25-2015, 10:51 AM

Yeah, just cancel and call Dino at gator, at least he will answer the phone etc. Those guys are worse then terrible.

post #4 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-25-2015, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

Requested cancellation as well, no reply to that either. It's crazy.
post #5 of 46 (permalink) Old 11-27-2015, 08:56 AM

First off, there is no love lost between MyLotusGarage and our company as they basically stole our business by using our one outlets name, Lotus Garage. We were around for 6 years before they came along and because of there actions created confusion in the community. So trust me when I say they aren't on our top 10.

That said, I'm sure they are suffering from the same supply problems we are with Lotus. There are a lot of parts, especially for the federal cars, which are very difficult to obtain. The factory is concentrating on S3 and newer cars which is making things very difficult for owners of early federal models. Delivery times have lengthened and some parts are simply unavailable. We have contacts at the factory and throughout Europe which allows us to get some parts Dealers in the US can't. So from that standpoint, the problems are legit.

We often have slow responses from Lotus too which impacts how fast we can respond on ETAs. Even then, sometimes the information we receive isn't accurate. A good example is we were told last Thursday that a 2 switch panel for an early federal Elise was backordered until 2016. We communicated that to client. Then on Monday, it showed up without any notice from the factory in our UK warehouse. It makes our jobs as retailers very difficult.

We've also had items placed on a manifest for a shipment and when the shipment arrived, we had a note inside apologize for its absence.

We try to keep our customers up to date and informed but it's often very difficult. But to not get any response is not right either.

So even though there is no love between our companies at all, I do understand some of the issues they are dealing with. It doesn't make their response any better but hopefully it at least helps all of you to understand what MAY be impacting them
Aedo, qz5gxt, GuppyCaptain and 3 others like this.
post #6 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 03:29 PM Thread Starter

I can understand limited parts availability; however, they notified me they have received the parts but have been unable to ship them to me. Lack of communication is unacceptable no matter what supplier one deals with.
102ndcar likes this.
post #7 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KodyB View Post
I can understand limited parts availability; however, they notified me they have received the parts but have been unable to ship them to me. Lack of communication is unacceptable no matter what supplier one deals with.
I get it. We have some orders fulfilled by third parties and I can't tell you frustrating it can be when we are told something ships and it doesn't or isn't complete and we aren't told until later. I hate when it occurs and we do everything we can to try and make it right as soon as we are made aware. We always try to respond within 24 hours but sometimes that reply is "we don't know" because we can't get info. It's tough in a market where everyone from Lotus to some independents are feeling the pinch.

Flow is a bit different because outside of Lotus, I don't think they have any other suppliers to speak of.

Again, no love lost between us. They really did a crappy thing taking our name (just adding "my" to the front of it) and our discussions about it were not nice at all. I do hope they get this sorted for the sake of their business and the clients. I don't like to see anyone have trouble, even the competition. Sector111 and our company have basically competed for years but respectfully so. Shinoo and I get along fine and even discuss things that come up that may be hurting one another. We actually look out for eachother while still competing. That's the way it should be.
post #8 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-01-2015, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

I fully understand, I work in supply chain myself and know the difficulties when dealing with vendors. However, I also like to set expectations. If something affects delivery, I am the first one to send messages to my customer to let them know the situation. In supply chain, it's easier to set expectations than to ask forgiveness; it's a deal breaker in may instances. Informing the customer of your situation can at least provide understanding as to the delay. No communication indicates that they don't care about their customer.

I have had more communication with you than with the vendor that supposedly has my business. I thank you for your assistance.
post #9 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 01:07 AM

Just heard from them on an order snafu they sent me a week ago. Got the right parts in transit now. But they can be a little slow on the communications.

Corvus

A Dirge for Her the Doulby Dead in that She Died So Young
post #10 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 10:25 AM Thread Starter

They did respond today and stated they could not ship the parts to me and the order has been cancelled, per my request. Took far too long, but at least it's resolved.
post #11 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 05:26 PM
...call me a space cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KodyB View Post
They did respond today and stated they could not ship the parts to me and the order has been cancelled, per my request. Took far too long, but at least it's resolved.
Sad to hear that. Robert and team were reasonably responsive to me. Maybe they were at the previous lotusgarage

2005 Elise (Build #65) - Nightfall Blue| BOE QS!!| BOE Clamhinge| REV400TVS | JCR Race Prepped Cylinder Head | ACT HDSS | BOE Wet Sump v1.1 | Oil Pump Gear | BOE Surge Tank | BOE Catch Can | RLS Wide Scoops w/NCI-BOE Conversion Kit | MP Custom Carpet Kit
2002 Dodge Dak 4x4
1992 HD Fxstc
1967 Sunbeam Alpine or Triumph Tr4 (Future purchase)
post #12 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorparkian View Post
Sad to hear that. Robert and team were reasonably responsive to me. Maybe they were at the previous lotusgarage
Lotusgarage is not my lotus garage, they are two different companies as discussed in another post today. My lotus garage is an awful company with awful service that stole their name.
post #13 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorparkian View Post
This is the problem. Robert (me) is at Lotus Garage which is part of British Racing Group and located in Philadelphia PA. MyLotusGarage is owned by Flow Automotive out of North Carolina. We are 2 totally separate companies and I can't tell you how many emails, calls and messages I get on a weekly basis for MyLotusGarage because they don't have a phone number listed and don't respond to emails. I've tried to be nice about this for the last few yeas since they basically stole our name but I'm getting fed up with it. We aren't perfect and we make mistakes too but we try to do our best. These other guys keep giving us a black eye and hurt our business because they can't get their act together.

Sorry for the tirade.
post #14 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 07:06 PM

Garage
i had ordered some small moldings from Mylotusgarage on June 9, 2015. I've tried contacting them multiple times via their web site (as per their directions) and NOTHING.

So when I saw that Robert (the Lotus angel from my perspective) posted the info about Flow Automotive, I decided to look them up and give them a call. Obviously they are a dealership with Lotus on the side and the receptionist who fielded my call, once i advised her that I own a Lotus and would be in their area soon (true) and may need some service (not so true) but was also interested in ordering some parts via their Mylotusgarage web site (very true) she sent me to a voice mail. I called her back and told her I did not want to talk to a recording but then again, she sent to a voice mail. This time I did leave a message and now I am waiting for a return call. And I really don't expect to hear from them. They have my $50 and I guess I won't see it or the parts I ordered.

So I just ordered the parts from Lotus Garage and now I expect that all will be right with the world!

I do appreciate Robert giving these "merchants" some leeway regarding their business but not to call or contact a customer who has given you their money in good faith over 6 months ago? Bah! Humbug!

Anyway, Robert Konick rocks!
102ndcar likes this.

-----------------------------
2011 Persian Blue Elise RS
post #15 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-02-2015, 07:29 PM
Nein Kinder

@Administrator - How many more testimonies of really rotten service and missed opportunities by MyLotusGarage / Flow Automotive to respond do you need to read before booting these guys off LotusTalk? You might only be interested in advertising dollars, but as Lotus owners, potential customers, and members of LotusTalk, we should be able to do business with sponsors on this site without being ripped off. Is anyone listening? Anyone?

Glen

p.s. - also see this thread.
102ndcar likes this.

2011 Lotus Elise SC

Last edited by Glen; 12-02-2015 at 07:34 PM.
post #16 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 08:55 PM

Garage
I second this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen View Post
@Administrator - How many more testimonies of really rotten service and missed opportunities by MyLotusGarage / Flow Automotive to respond do you need to read before booting these guys off LotusTalk? You might only be interested in advertising dollars, but as Lotus owners, potential customers, and members of LotusTalk, we should be able to do business with sponsors on this site without being ripped off. Is anyone listening? Anyone?

Glen

I second this, and will also add that Robert at Lotus Garage (BRG) is awesome. Yes, these parts can be hard to obtain, but he COMMUNICATES, clearly, and makes it apparent that your business is valued.
mikepal likes this.
post #17 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-04-2015, 04:11 AM
UK Exile

What are some examples of early generation parts that are difficult to obtain - perhaps I can help.
post #18 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-04-2015, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlondoner View Post
What are some examples of early generation parts that are difficult to obtain - perhaps I can help.
I think the problem you will face with custom making things or sourcing them overseas is that the market is so small. All the things I have needed and cant get I just found used or 3rd party. Is it really worth your or my time to make a 10" band clamp when I can just use 2x 5" ones? Or make a shifter stick for LHD 07+ cars of which there are <<1000?

The only thing I want that doesn't seem to exist is a <$500 splitter for an exige!
post #19 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-04-2015, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen View Post

Glen

I think the best bet is just to keep this thread at the top all the time, that way the site still gets their money so it can continue, and they get their bad reputation spread around like they deserve.
post #20 of 46 (permalink) Old 12-04-2015, 06:58 AM

I would consider chasing them through the domain naming process, try finding myferrari.com[anything ferrari they are vicious]

while it may not seem a polite way to go about things, it is affecting your business

for customers use the credit card companies, eventually they will get dropped if they get too many chargebacks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Marketplace > Dealers/Aftermarket Suppliers Feedback

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in